Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
I am sorry for such a stupid question >

I am sorry for such a stupid question

I am sorry for such a stupid question

Old 04-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I am sorry for such a stupid question

but how does a starter work??? I just bought a ofna starter box and glow plug ignitor. But its just a box with to motors and a wheel. How is this supposed to start my car? It did not come with directions.

I feel stupid now.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Last edited by cary; 04-24-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

It should have a contactor style switch that will spin the rubber wheel, align the rubber wheel with the flywheel of your engine . It will spin the engine over while you press down with the glow ignitor. Good luck and don't feel stupid. Hope I was able to help.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

lol!!! thanx. I felt like a caveman you know, looking at a box and a car trying to figure out how the hell to start it.

I get the picture now. I was thinking maybe you put the damn tires on it or something Yea. That makes alot of sense. I always wondered why the flywheel has a hole in the chasses!! duh!!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

does my starter have enough power??? It barely turns the flywheel if any. Am i doing something wrong??? The ofna directions are terrible. Doesn't even tell you how to use it.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If the motor is new that will happen because of excessive compression it will go away soon. It could also be the battery is it new did you charge it all the way? I dont know what kind of box you got what kind of battery car igniter ect help us help you.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try this link it will tell you everything you need to know about it.

http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=28&
Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Go to a local hobby shop....

Originally Posted by dreaux
but how does a starter work??? I just bought a ofna starter box and glow plug ignitor. But its just a box with to motors and a wheel. How is this supposed to start my car? It did not come with directions.

I feel stupid now.
I would take it to a local hobby shop or racetrack and ask for assistance. Someone at either location should be able to help you. I know everyone is trying to help, but it is difficult to set one of these up by reading short messages from others.

The one link that was posted right before my post is a very good place to start! Do you have the Ofna chrome top box or the blue truggy box?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux

I feel stupid now.
No question is stupid. If you need assistance thats what we are here for. As others have mentioned if the motor is new it will be very hard to turn over. A heat gun or even a hair dryer will aid in a very tight motor, just direct the heat to the case and down the head and it will loosen up. Also make sure your batteries are fully charged and that you have the flywheel in perfect alignment with the starter box wheel. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

don't feel stupid, i have been doing this for a while now and i just bought a ofna truggy box and the first thing i thought to myself was, wow if i were new at this it would suck to try and figure this out,if it is the ofna truggy box the thing will turn over any motor out their,ofna needs to realize we are not all pro's at this.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

thanx guys