R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Wife or Girlfriend VS RC addiction

My Wife left me for good because of RC Addiction....She made me pick between RC and her I picked rc coz my wife drive me nuts,,,before she left she smash my rc with a hammer...dont laugh it,s not funny...what;s your story...

no worry I got spare wife.....

Last edited by sonyb; 04-07-2009 at 09:17 AM.
sonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #2

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i didnt think nitro guys had girlfriends...

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
Tech Master

Ask em to not let the door hit them in the Butt..I was looking for a wife when I found this one...
Old 04-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Pretty much anyone who makes you choose between them and something you are passionate about is selfish and the wrong person for you. The right person would be supportive and you should be of them. However, you should also make sure their needs are being met and not in conflict with your hobby.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bustedpiecesrc

depending on what ya run the could cost ya the same, my wife bugs the crap out of me about how much i spend on my stuff, we fight all the time about it but on the other hand her photo crap she supposedly needs cost more for one lens than it does for a half way decent motor and when i complain about how much it cost she ignores me or says dont even get me started about how much my stuff cost....
Mugen MBX6 nova +4
bustedpiecesrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Girls + RC
Old 04-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Up in the north east rc is our hobby in the summer, and women become our winter hobby
jazjato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Why are woman so selfish about this hobby. It is a cool hobby. Woman are not that smart if you think about it a woman should say to them self hhhmmmm at least he is at the track not at a strip bar and looking at other woman nake thats what woman should look at.. We need a Hobby woman in the other hand buy 6 pair of shoes because they have a different shade of blue. The shoes are blue but different shade thats why they need 6 pair. Now guys have a cool hobby and woman are all over that and why do you spend so much. I think woman do not want to see guys happy they want it only one way street..
HulkNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazjato View Post
Up in the north east rc is our hobby in the summer, and women become our winter hobby
+1
2fst2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedpiecesrc View Post
depending on what ya run the could cost ya the same, my wife bugs the crap out of me about how much i spend on my stuff, we fight all the time about it but on the other hand her photo crap she supposedly needs cost more for one lens than it does for a half way decent motor and when i complain about how much it cost she ignores me or says dont even get me started about how much my stuff cost....
eh? you'd never have a problem if you give your wife some before you go to the track .....can be at the track ALLLL DAY!!!!!!!!! You must have lame wife lol you need one that wants to drive, even if all she does is crash it
Old 04-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default huh

well here is what i have to do coach my 6 yr olds baseball team kiss my wifes but alot and do lots of honey doos. oh yeah and when get laid off sold my chasis and borrowed friends to keep racing but all in all she lets me do r/c as long as i still give her time so i built track at my house and only go to track for series races for now due to suck economy. all said though my wifey is special she will come to r/c races with me watch our 2 kids allday while being ignored by me cause i am in the r/c zone and at the end of the day she is not pissed but wanting to know how i did in the mains so i guess i got lucky.
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bustedpiecesrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87 View Post
eh? you'd never have a problem if you give your wife some before you go to the track .....can be at the track ALLLL DAY!!!!!!!!! You must have lame wife lol you need one that wants to drive, even if all she does is crash it
well thing is... i do give her some alot of the time and she like to come to the track and watch the races.. we are at the track from 9am to 2:30 am, yes 9am to 2:30am.... im out there all day with atleast 2 kids, i race offroad and then we race oval.... then the next day we race at another track from about 10am to 5 pm, so i race alot....
Mugen MBX6 nova +4
bustedpiecesrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #13
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyb View Post
My Wife left me for good because of RC Addiction....She made me pick between RC and her I picked rc coz my wife drive me nuts,,,before she left she smash my rc with a hammer...dont laugh it,s not funny...what;s your story...
How addicted were you to the RC? Was it the money spent that made her leave? or the time you weren't spending with her (kids?) ? I could see how it could get to a point that someone would leave, but then again you're not telling the full story so she could just be a bitch (smashed your cars).

I go to the track twice a week and my wife is pretty cool about that. She nags about the cost and the time sometimes, but what wife doesn't have something to nag about every once in awhile? I can't wait till my son gets a little bit older, then I'll be doing it for the kids.... spending quality time with my son... no more wife complaining about it
junier00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedpiecesrc View Post
well thing is... i do give her some alot of the time and she like to come to the track and watch the races.. we are at the track from 9am to 2:30 am, yes 9am to 2:30am.... im out there all day with atleast 2 kids, i race offroad and then we race oval.... then the next day we race at another track from about 10am to 5 pm, so i race alot....
guess you could tone it down to 9 to 8pm
Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You gotta get yourself a sugar momma like I have. I spend her money on RC stuff because she wants nothing to do with the checkbook or paying bills. I say ok, but since she never sees what I pay, we are both happy. When I try and complain about her stupid Coach purse or wallet that costs as much as a good Novarossi motor, she points at my Baja 5T and I put my tail between my legs and retreat to the hobby lobby in the basement. You have to pick your battles wisely and marry someone who makes way more than you do.