Wiki Posts
Search

Wife or Girlfriend VS RC addiction

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ronnell
I agree 100% I'm new to this forum and I've been married for 8 years I'm 33 and my wife who supports me and my HOBBIES 100% is 28. Not one time since we've known each other has she ever HATED or shown a great disgust for anything that I've been very passionate about. In fact we are moving into our first single family home this week and she has given me the green light to build my own DIRT TRACK !!! We have 2.3 acres so my options are pretty wide open. But she said she thought of me when she saw the bacyard and thats what made her decide on getting it-and thats really cool to me at least.
man you got the best wife in this earth.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My wife had no problems with my racing untill I started saying, "down and quiet" everytime we went to bed. So now I say "go on the tone"
Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

OKOKOK to all of you who are just scared of your wives, grow some nads.

The only excuse you have is if you wife makes way more money than you. Other than that screw it. Tell her I am going to do this. And leave it. Yes she will complain – and its not about the money, she will make it seem that way but its not. Its about the time away from her you will spend.

Me I tell me wife I am buying this 8t 2.0 and a new motor. That’s it. Just make sure your priorities are taken care of first. Bills, private school, your wifes hair, ect.
And show me one of your wives that don’t shop, it could be shoes, purses, or coats, or all but everyone women shops. Make a deal – tell her for every dollar she spends you get to spend hahaha – and when she say your never home – take her to the track – take one car and keep the keys on you. Have her turn marshal during practice, have her scrub the tires after your race. And by the end of the day, she wont bother you as much.

And when she gets mad and say you and your damn toys – say dam straight I live my toys. The worst thing you can do is say they are not toys …………
Old 04-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

My wife is really cool about it. As long as my priorities are in order. I don't drink, or gamble, I quit smoking and I gave up Golf for RC. I get all the time I want to tinker and race my buggy..My wife and daughter know that they both come before my RC addiction, and they will come and watch me finish last in the big races I tried buying my wife a Nitro Buggy, but she didn't want to do any of the work..then we had a baby, and she doesn't have time any more. She is still very supportive though..I guess if I started neglecting my family or my responsibilities for RC she would get a little pissy, but I would never let that happen, and frankly I think anyone who puts RC before their family or loved ones, kinda deserves to be alone
Old 04-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
i didnt think nitro guys had girlfriends...

R
You have a point... it is the electric toys that are for girls...
Old 04-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
You have a point... it is the electric toys that are for girls...

Not if i made a nitro one
Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by pinky2252s

Thats funny right there no matter who you are!!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pinky2252s
To smelly.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by junier00
How addicted were you to the RC? Was it the money spent that made her leave? or the time you weren't spending with her (kids?) ? I could see how it could get to a point that someone would leave, but then again you're not telling the full story so she could just be a bitch (smashed your cars).

I go to the track twice a week and my wife is pretty cool about that. She nags about the cost and the time sometimes, but what wife doesn't have something to nag about every once in awhile? I can't wait till my son gets a little bit older, then I'll be doing it for the kids.... spending quality time with my son... no more wife complaining about it
Haha me too Cnt wait for my five year old to grow to love rc so i have an excuse to go to the tracks and race. Actually we all need to prioritize sometimes. Sometimes I spend to much on rc stuff but skimp out on my own self. I look like a dork in the rc trucks cause i dont buy good stuff for my self but will get the most expensive engine out there.

Plus the day rc races are held in our parts of the world are always sunday so its a a bummer. Its the lords day and I sacrificed that day for him. Dont wanna be religous guys buts thats the way I roll.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240
My wife is really cool about it. As long as my priorities are in order. I don't drink, or gamble, I quit smoking and I gave up Golf for RC. I get all the time I want to tinker and race my buggy..My wife and daughter know that they both come before my RC addiction, and they will come and watch me finish last in the big races I tried buying my wife a Nitro Buggy, but she didn't want to do any of the work..then we had a baby, and she doesn't have time any more. She is still very supportive though..I guess if I started neglecting my family or my responsibilities for RC she would get a little pissy, but I would never let that happen, and frankly I think anyone who puts RC before their family or loved ones, kinda deserves to be alone
well said! my wife and kids always come first ,and always will! i myself only race once, maybe twice a month.with the economy the way it is, sometimes none but playing around the house with one of my electrics and the kidsis fun too.they love to see my brushless slash run in the backyard. and sometimes they get a go at it, with the throttle turned wayyyy down of course!

my son really likes my crawler when its out back on my course. as for my nitro truck, that only sees the track
Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default I am truly lucky

My wife bought my 8ight Truggy RTR for me for our 20th wedding anniversary. No shit I swear. I bought her a really expensive diamond necklace ($1500.00) and she asked me what I wanted and I honestly couldnt think of anything, She knew that my son had just bought himself an 8ight Truggy RTR for himself and she saw me drooling over his so she conspired with my son and ordered one for me behind my back and surprised me with it. I nearly shit myself. I guess that she understands how much I love the smell of nitro!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guess I am one of the lucky ones as well. Used to race onroad back when I was younger (10 years ago or so) and fell out of it once my uncle in law closed his shop & track. Fast forward to last year and my fiance and I were out doing Christmas shopping. Pulled into a parking lot of a store to find they had racing going on next door at the hobby shop. Next thing you know my fiance is sitting trackside watching the races, lets just say we didn't make it to the store we were headed to that day! As the races wound day for the day she looked over and said, "Honey, I want to try this!"

After that, we found the local offroad track and the Slash spec class they were running. Asked around and found it was a great vehicle to get back into the hobby with so we picked one up and started racing. She started practicing on non race days and now that I have my 8ight-T she has started racing the Slash every week and loves it.

I've even been given permission to spend as much as I want as long as bills are paid and she gets to go with me to the track whenever I go.

Gotta love it.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

This is a true story that happened to me a few months ago:

When I started with RC my wife showed some interest, but the more time and money I would spend on RC, the more she started getting upset. I only race 2/ month. I stopped telling her how much I spent because she started b!$(#$*ng too much about it. She started getting to the point where she would look through my rc stuff and that really pissed me off. She got upset one day and hid my cars using them as leverage for an argument that quickly got very heated. I was outraged and left work, she wouldn't let me in the house so I literally knocked the door down. I grabbed all her freaking clothes from her closet, her laptop, and threw it in her trunk and took her keys away. Needless to say I had my rc stuff within an hour and since then she doesn't even go near my stuff anymore. I think women just need to be broken into the hobby.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rainman1
This is a true story that happened to me a few months ago:

When I started with RC my wife showed some interest, but the more time and money I would spend on RC, the more she started getting upset. I only race 2/ month. I stopped telling her how much I spent because she started b!$(#$*ng too much about it. She started getting to the point where she would look through my rc stuff and that really pissed me off. She got upset one day and hid my cars using them as leverage for an argument that quickly got very heated. I was outraged and left work, she wouldn't let me in the house so I literally knocked the door down. I grabbed all her freaking clothes from her closet, her laptop, and threw it in her trunk and took her keys away. Needless to say I had my rc stuff within an hour and since then she doesn't even go near my stuff anymore. I think women just need to be broken into the hobby.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rainman1
I think women just need to be broken into the hobby.
Or in your case just broken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.