R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am currently dating twins, they enjoy the hobby as much as I do... they paint my bodies, help with wrenching on the cars and when I am racing one steers and the other works the throttle, its a great partnership!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-E View Post
I am currently dating twins, they enjoy the hobby as much as I do... they paint my bodies, help with wrenching on the cars and when I am racing one steers and the other works the throttle, its a great partnership!!!!
I don't think Rosy Palm and her sister count
BCG INDUSTRIES= Absolutely the best paint on the planet.
TEAM TERRIBLES
SPEED37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #48
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Smileyboy

My wife is cool with it as long as I spend time with her and take care of her (emotional spiritual physical) needs.

Also, as long as I clean up too. Our garage is still a mess so I get to use the Entertainment room for now.

I even bought her a mini cooper, which she uses some, even when I'm not home sometimes.
Smileyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #49
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-E View Post
Yeah right...... Post pics.

This thread is worthless without pics
Old 04-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileyboy View Post
Yeah right...... Post pics.

This thread is worthless without pics
you still couldn't believe the pictures dude anyone can put fake ones
Old 04-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
i didnt think nitro guys had girlfriends...

R
Did you know Gloria Estafan is running rc nitro vehicles?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnlimited View Post
Did you know Gloria Estafan is running rc nitro vehicles?
really?? Wouldn't strippers make more money at a R/C race??
Old 04-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #53
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have to say I feel very lucky to have the wife I have, but I also have to work at it so everything stays fair. My wife never complains about the cost because I keep a log of what I spend and then she gets to spend the same amount on what ever she wants. My parts cost double but no fighting about R/C costs. I manage my time w/her so there is never a feeling of neglect, and I bought her an 1/8 scale buggy to race with. Then I made it brushless for this year so it was more plug-n-play for her. As long as I do all the tuning, wrenching, and marshalling (she drives and that's it ) she is happy to come out w/me on racedays and watch our kid for the day. And it is about the only thing I do hobby wise. I have a blast watching her race too.
03racefan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #54
Tech Adept

first off you guys that tell your wife how much this shit cost are crazzy and if you dont have the brains to keep that side money then you dont have no need playing with this stuff theay gonna get mad over any thing you do thats not about them any way and you never know what kind a wife you gonna get tell you say i do cuz theay all save some shit tell after that you diddent know theay could do so if it comes down to rc or my wife i say its cheaper to keep her then rc and by the way wer do i get one of them sugar mommas for the side so she can pay for my shit but i got better things she can buy than rc stuff like a new house truck harley
tom slick 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #55
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom slick 50 View Post
first off you guys that tell your wife how much this shit cost are crazzy and if you dont have the brains to keep that side money then you dont have no need playing with this stuff theay gonna get mad over any thing you do thats not about them any way and you never know what kind a wife you gonna get tell you say i do cuz theay all save some shit tell after that you diddent know theay could do so if it comes down to rc or my wife i say its cheaper to keep her then rc and by the way wer do i get one of them sugar mommas for the side so she can pay for my shit but i got better things she can buy than rc stuff like a new house truck harley
Did anyone else NOT understand what he just said?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #56
Tech Adept

waht i just said was rc versus divorce /child support waht do you pick
tom slick 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 AM   #57
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyb View Post
My Wife left me for good because of RC Addiction....She made me pick between RC and her I picked rc coz my wife drive me nuts,,,before she left she smash my rc with a hammer...dont laugh it,s not funny...what;s your story...
This is a sad and ruthless act of selfish behavior. And you would be wrong if you gathered all her shit and put it in a pile and burned it. Or pawned all her jewelry. Its kind of hard, in some cases, to adopt this addiction of RC if your already married. For the single guys its easy for them to find someone who will accept you hobby. But for us married guys who get into it after we get married, its a challenge. They don't understand this is something we love. Its not a game. We as men have a competitive nature that goes back probably to accient times. Whether it be chess, fishing, basketball, Having the loudest sound system, or whatever, we are competitve by nature. This RC thing is the next best thing to actual racing full scale cars, just a whole lot cheaper. They don't understand that it makes us happy to even compete win or loose! Sure it wouldn't be a bad thing to win every now and then. But at the end of the day, it's all in fun. My wife doesn't like it. but she accepts what I do because I could be doing a lot worse!!! And to give a husband an altermadome(sorry if I spell that wrong) between RC and a marriage is a low blow!! So the next time ur wife or girlfriend gives you problems with RC just remind her about what you used to do or what you could do to have fun(Strip club!!!!) and she will leave you alone!!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #58
Tech Adept

mine comes with me on long race trips, washes my tires, my bodies, fills my fuel bottle. yea sure she likes to sleep in the car when pratice is going on in the morning. but as soon as qual starts she will fill my car and start the stop watch.. man ain't love grand
Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #59
Tech Rookie

Default Nobody could say it better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash View Post
Pretty much anyone who makes you choose between them and something you are passionate about is selfish and the wrong person for you. The right person would be supportive and you should be of them. However, you should also make sure their needs are being met and not in conflict with your hobby.
I agree 100% I'm new to this forum and I've been married for 8 years I'm 33 and my wife who supports me and my HOBBIES 100% is 28. Not one time since we've known each other has she ever HATED or shown a great disgust for anything that I've been very passionate about. In fact we are moving into our first single family home this week and she has given me the green light to build my own DIRT TRACK !!! We have 2.3 acres so my options are pretty wide open. But she said she thought of me when she saw the bacyard and thats what made her decide on getting it-and thats really cool to me at least.
Ronnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

my wife don really disturb me as long i don overdo it. usually play once a week on sat, suday usually keep for my 2 kids and wife.

but frankly speaking u must have a understanding wife or a wife that play rc, if not it will be difficult for them to understand rc this sport

just my 2 cents
Wenbiao is offline   Reply With Quote