Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 2.0T RTR front cup and bone problem. >

Losi 2.0T RTR front cup and bone problem.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 2.0T RTR front cup and bone problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Suspended

Default Losi 2.0T RTR front cup and bone problem.

Can't figure this out, I have had the whole front end apart, replaced the bones, cups, hinge pins, HP holders ETC. but the bone only goes into the front cup a couple MM even with 110% droop. The chassis is new as well. The arms are not rounded out at any corner either. Next step is to replace the spindle and carriers but would like some insite or a possible thread linked if you know what my problem could be please.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orijen
Can't figure this out, I have had the whole front end apart, replaced the bones, cups, hinge pins, HP holders ETC. but the bone only goes into the front cup a couple MM even with 110% droop. The chassis is new as well. The arms are not rounded out at any corner either. Next step is to replace the spindle and carriers but would like some insite or a possible thread linked if you know what my problem could be please.

post a picture, we can tell you if its not right.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Suspended

Yeah, the pic taker is M.I.A at the moment.

I'm telling ya, I have had this thing apart a million times and can't seem to get this one. If it lands just a bit off, something is tweeking and the bone pops out. Tha plastic is all good. It's literally in the cup about 3mm, thats it. Am I overlooking something?

Thanks man!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah, the pic taker is M.I.A at the moment.

I'm telling ya, I have had this thing apart a million times and can't seem to get this one. If it lands just a bit off, something is tweeking and the bone pops out. Tha plastic is all good. It's literally in the cup about 3mm, thats it. Am I overlooking something?

Thanks man!
Have you had it pop out on you ? How much droop Are you actually running ? We need a picture in the end.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

mines is the same way, it looks like it will pop out with contact but I tell you what it has never popped out yet, I have read in one of the other threads that it is a common thing but I don't recall many having problems with it popping out, its just that it doesn't go any further in. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There has been a running change on the bones. The new one are a little over 2mm longer. I bet if you measure them yours are right around 148mm. The new ones are just a tad bit over 150mm. Call Losi, not all of the tech guys know this. This comes from Adam Drake on the Losi forum.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

just bought a roller and had the same issue.
replaced the bones and now i can actually run the 110mm droop from the set-up sheets. before i changed the bones i could only run 105mm droop or the bone would pop out at the diff outdrive.
going to contact the distributor in Australia and see if they will supply the new ones.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by menzo
just bought a roller and had the same issue.
replaced the bones and now i can actually run the 110mm droop from the set-up sheets. before i changed the bones i could only run 105mm droop or the bone would pop out at the diff outdrive.
going to contact the distributor in Australia and see if they will supply the new ones.
Nice!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by l3asher
There has been a running change on the bones. The new one are a little over 2mm longer. I bet if you measure them yours are right around 148mm. The new ones are just a tad bit over 150mm. Call Losi, not all of the tech guys know this. This comes from Adam Drake on the Losi forum.
Thank you!

Yes at 110% they were only barely in the cups. If it was to land just a bit off they were popping out.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Appreciate if you could give us the part number so we could check on this new dogbones.

Cheers
Old 04-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asaraneta
Appreciate if you could give us the part number so we could check on this new dogbones.

Cheers
Running change = same part number.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Running change = same part number.
Thanks for the info, I'll consider changing mines too.