R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default What is the best novarossi .21 truggy engine?

I want good power just like my OS Vpec engine.
Thanks
mrramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrramirez View Post
I want good power just like my OS Vpec engine.
Thanks
ballz out power , 21-7fms or toro nero . if you can find a p5xs those are excellent and very tuneable to all different track styles and surfaces
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i dont have the toro..but i do have the FMS...and like Houston said...it is strong. and revs quick

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2

Plus28-7port
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntok2 View Post
Plus28-7port
not trying to be a D , but doesn't it say .21
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 04-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
Tech Regular

421BX...it's an old motor but it's a stump puller. I can't wait to see a toro nero or FMS on the track

Cruizin With R/C, RCBZ, Xray, Hudy, Novarossi USA, Futaba, Avid RC
Poppin Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Not to hijack thread, but since we are on the topic of .21's in truggy....what do you think is the smoothest/most controllable Novarossi for truggy....+4? I was thinking I want Toro, then friend pointed out Im just learning, and my driving style is smooth and steady, im not strapped at all. So now I'm thinking +4.....what do you think Monty? thanks TW
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
Not to hijack thread, but since we are on the topic of .21's in truggy....what do you think is the smoothest/most controllable Novarossi for truggy....+4? I was thinking I want Toro, then friend pointed out Im just learning, and my driving style is smooth and steady, im not strapped at all. So now I'm thinking +4.....what do you think Monty? thanks TW
+4 or the plus 21-5k. Both very smooth engines. Although I would go with the OS based ninja over both of them.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:

Plus 21-5K would be suitable and it won't break the bank at $250 and that's without the discount coupon code.

Cruizin With R/C, RCBZ, Xray, Hudy, Novarossi USA, Futaba, Avid RC
Poppin Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

21-5K was a pile. Plus 4 would be waaaaay better.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

after running a buddies toro nero,i would say maybe the p5.only because you are learning.the toro had an insane top-end that a newer driver would most likely be better off without.i havent ran a p5,but a motor with a rep for strong bottomwould be best,imo.something strong and consistent.if i have to compensate with my driving for a soggy bottom end,my consistency suffers.on a side note,a toro should net you at least 11 minutes of run time.more if you dont hammer the throttle.either way,i am sure i will be happy with my own toro nero,which is waiting to be broke in.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
Tech Prophet

Quote:
that would all be fine and dandy but i already paid for a toro nero for ya had to order them to get em here or else i would have missed the boat . if i find somebody that wants i will get ya plus4 though , or you could find someone who wants it since you ordered it
Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #13
Tech Prophet

21-5k was a good engine and still is , it lives and breathes as a siim engine
21-5k was a very solid running engine smooth all the way thru w/ a little extra bottom end

plus 4 is extra smooth but would be good with an 8mm restrictor in truggy w/ a 53 short header combo
Old 04-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #14
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
21-5k was a good engine and still is , it lives and breathes as a siim engine
21-5k was a very solid running engine smooth all the way thru w/ a little extra bottom end

plus 4 is extra smooth but would be good with an 8mm restrictor in truggy w/ a 53 short header combo
I agree about the 21-5k although they definately had thier share of bearing problems. I loved the engine, but hated having to always keep an eye on the bearings. It was/is definately a smooth but powerful engine.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #15
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I agree about the 21-5k although they definately had thier share of bearing problems. I loved the engine, but hated having to always keep an eye on the bearings. It was/is definately a smooth but powerful engine.
always switched the bearings out with the boca stainless not a problem 1
plus engines= boca ss rear and tko ceramic front