Wiki Posts
Search

Chassis Braces

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Chassis Braces

Ok well i've asked this question a few times in the last week and i don't know what to think. I've got a set of aluminum chassis braces and a set of plastic chassis braces. Which should i run? I have a race flex chassis on my buggy and truggy. Do they really take flex out of the chassis when running them? Are there any real advantages to running plastic over aluminum? I just took one of the plastic braces out of the package and noticed its pretty damn stiff, i don't see how it will allow anymore chassis flex vs the aluminum brace, but on the other hand the aluminum is going to be stronger.

I know i can run both and find out for myself but i won't get a chance to get back to the track until next week, so in the meantime i'd like to figure out which set is better and why. Thanks for your feedback in advance!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The alu won't offer any advantage unless you run a super smooth track.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

You don`t want to run the aluminum braces with the 2.0s . They made the 2.0 chassis flex for a reason .
Old 09-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Actually I think the rear alu brace might do more harm than good, it's so stiff the chassis cant' flex behind the engine and as a result the flex moves forward of the engine. It's just a theory for now.