Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
DIFF QUESTION ???????? >

DIFF QUESTION ????????

DIFF QUESTION ????????

Old 04-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default DIFF QUESTION ????????

I am rebuilding the diff on my associated gt2. It being a ball type is it ok to use grease on the balls and pads instead of diff oil? When i got it back together it was super smooth but if you hold the out drive hubs the diff gear still turns. I don't remember it being like this when i took it apart, but the balls were melted into the gear. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

You have to use a special diff grease that is sold buy associated for your diff.
When you hold your out drives the gear should not spin if it spins you need to tighten the diff more. If the gear spins it will just melt again.
Once you rebuild it and run it a couple times check to make sure it hasn't loosened it self to much and re tighten as necessary.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 You have to use the special greases from Assosiated for the thrust bearing and diff balls. Black grease (thrust bearing) and clear silicone grease (diff balls).