R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #46
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 295
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Sounds about right.

You have more time on it than I thought. How often do you pull out the diffs and add fresh oil? The center is under the most stress so it needs to be done a little more frequently that the front or rear. When you pull the diff's it's the best time to check those bearings, as well as the pinion bearings on the front and rear gear boxes.
John Schafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #47
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,771
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schafer View Post
Sounds about right.

You have more time on it than I thought. How often do you pull out the diffs and add fresh oil? The center is under the most stress so it needs to be done a little more frequently that the front or rear. When you pull the diff's it's the best time to check those bearings, as well as the pinion bearings on the front and rear gear boxes.
He got the buggy used.
__________________
Losi 8ight 1.5 ~ 8T ~ XXX Buggy ~ Mini-Baja

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 777
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

ya I got the buggy used. I pulled the center last week but the font and rear havent been done for about 3 weeks? I am thinking every 2 to 3 weeks for the center and 1 a month for the front and rear?? I would have checked the bearing but I couldnt get that gear off. Also How do I know if a bearing is bad or not?
rgrassey@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #49
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,771
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrassey@me.com View Post
ya I got the buggy used. I pulled the center last week but the font and rear havent been done for about 3 weeks? I am thinking every 2 to 3 weeks for the center and 1 a month for the front and rear?? I would have checked the bearing but I couldnt get that gear off. Also How do I know if a bearing is bad or not?
When it doesnt roll smoothly......

I wouldnt do it by weeks. If that was so, I might rebuild the diff twice before running it once! Try 30 runs for front and rear, and whenever you have extra time (like sooner) for center.
__________________
Losi 8ight 1.5 ~ 8T ~ XXX Buggy ~ Mini-Baja

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #50
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 295
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
When it doesnt roll smoothly......

I wouldnt do it by weeks. If that was so, I might rebuild the diff twice before running it once! Try 30 runs for front and rear, and whenever you have extra time (like sooner) for center.
I would agree. Maybe every 1-2 gallons for the center and 2-3 gallons for the front and rear.
John Schafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 777
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

ok great. I did the center 1 week ago and the rear last night. Once I get my 5000 I am going to do the front. Also When you fill the diffs how high should I go. I did it so that it was about 4 mm from the top??
rgrassey@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nitro Pit Dbackmasta Arizona-New Mexico Racing 18732 09-13-2012 08:27 AM
My opinion on Losi vs Mugen gameholic2 Nitro Off-Road 79 09-13-2009 03:08 PM
8ight 2.0 vs 808 vs O'Donnell jpas Nitro Off-Road 66 10-14-2008 09:31 AM
Shaft Vs. Belt drive Little_Mike Electric On-Road 57 06-14-2007 12:31 PM
Lost 8ight/8T vs Mugen MBX5R/MBX5T brent98rt Electric Off-Road 32 05-20-2007 08:59 PM
Belt Driven vs. Shaft Driven Allen Sondej Electric On-Road 69 11-05-2004 07:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net