R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Jammin X2 CRT RTR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/285967-jammin-x2-crt-rtr.html)

Chris__RC 03-29-2009 11:16 AM

Jammin X2 CRT RTR

My friend is going to get his first nitro rc car, and im helping him out find one. At first, we looked at the Hot Bodies Lighting Stadium, but those are discontined. Then he was looking at the Muggy, and now I seen the Jammin X2 CRT RTR. Since this is his first nitro, would it be easy to maintain and not need any or little hopups to keep running good? Is the Force .28 easy to tune and reliable? I see it is $550 at Tower, minus $60 from the $300+ coupon code. So is it worth about $510? All it needs is fuel. Ive been researching them and they sound very good. Thanks!

Manufacturercup 03-29-2009 12:01 PM

that truck is tough and the force 28 is easy to tune and runs pretty good for a RTR.

Chris__RC 03-29-2009 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup (Post 5613113)
that truck is tough and the force 28 is easy to tune and runs pretty good for a RTR.

Thanks for the response! Are parts easy to find if he breaks? He says he wants to go to he track a couple times (Thunder Alley) but I doubt he will race.

JUD 03-29-2009 12:09 PM

With a machine like that, he will race!!:nod::nod: I have the kit version and it is tough as nails. He will probably just need to upgrade his steering servo. Dont lean out that Force engine too much, its just a bashing-type engine.:DGood luck.

[email protected] 03-29-2009 02:34 PM

why not the 8ight rtr?

Chris__RC 03-29-2009 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 5613475)
why not the 8ight rtr?

Jammin is more durable, less maintence, etc. for a beginner. Also, the 8ight is discontined.

cary 03-29-2009 02:53 PM

a main hobbies has the 8rtr the new one starter box controler looks
like a good deal
sorry just looked there on back order

Chris__RC 03-29-2009 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by cary (Post 5613515)
a main hobbies has the 8rtr the new one starter box controler looks
like a good deal
sorry just looked there on back order

That is the 8ight 2.0 RTR and it is $700, WAY out of his price range, especially for waht he will be doing with it.

Greg B 03-29-2009 04:08 PM

I did the review on the Jammin' X2 RTR for RC Driver Magazine. I found the truggy to be extremely durable and fitting for an all around truck. The Jammin' is happy on the track. Future upgrades should include replacing the servos and radio.

OfnaKing 03-29-2009 09:09 PM

i had an ofna crt truggy and i loved it.. stock motor was powerful and had good top end! Great intermediate truggy and also with new servos and tires its a great race truggy

Chris__RC 03-29-2009 09:15 PM

Greg B, do you happen to have a link to where I can find the review? It is on the newerr, X2 RTR right?

So servos need immediate replacing? Like they wouldnt be fine for just the average joe?

I see some ebay servos, .13 speed, 208 torque for $25, and you get 2 of them! They are ALL metal geared, so are they worth it as an upgrade?

Greg B 03-30-2009 05:49 AM

Chris,
The review for the Jammin' X2 RTR is in the new issue of RC Driver. The O'Donnell truggy is on the front cover.

Like I said earlier, the Jammin' is a fine truck. I think anyone would be pleased to own one. The servos will do just fine and I don't think I would replace them just for the sake of doing so. Most factory servos are slow and plastic geared so they usually don't have a long life but I would run them till they die.

Chris__RC 03-30-2009 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Greg B (Post 5616236)
Chris,
The review for the Jammin' X2 RTR is in the new issue of RC Driver. The O'Donnell truggy is on the front cover.

Like I said earlier, the Jammin' is a fine truck. I think anyone would be pleased to own one. The servos will do just fine and I don't think I would replace them just for the sake of doing so. Most factory servos are slow and plastic geared so they usually don't have a long life but I would run them till they die.

Well, what do you know! I had my latest issue of RC Driver, and it was in there!!! :D

uberalles 03-31-2009 08:30 AM

i went from a muggy to the x2..... night and day....

x2 is worth every penny and will run as good as any 2.0... just have to be a good enough driver