Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Jammin' X2 Buggy >

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Old 03-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Jammin' X2 Buggy

I was looking for a post related solely to the newest version of Jay's buggy on here, and the latest thing I could find was over a month old, and all but dead already. I think there should at least be an official post in regards to the car, and maybe there is on another forum somewhere, but why not here?

Last edited by NsideLine; 04-15-2009 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Pic Added
Old 03-29-2009, 05:58 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dude I don't know. But we can get this one started. I will be getting the x2 at the end of this season. I already have the x1 buggy and this is my second season with it. I'm very pleased with it but I hear the x2 is even better!!! So anyone with the x2 buggy let's here your likes, dislikes, etc. We would like to hear from you.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just finished the build of my new x2. I can't wait to run it! It looks amazing and the first race of the season is supposed to be next week (if it will stop raining and we can get the track built). They just came out with the aluminum shock towers and I will be ordering them as well as an aluminum b-block. The build went really smooth.

I'll give an update after I drive it...

-Keith
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been running the X2 for about four months, good setup, I struggled with the twitchness of the new layout, I am currently running 10-20-5 in the diffs, that help me keep the rear end Behind the front where it belongs, with 5-5-2 it was real easy to loop it out, I used to run my clutch real snappy on the X-1 but have it set soft on the X2 the car accelerates like a rocket! ZTurns better and jumps better, I race one a week and so far this year raced the Nitro challenge with it, I did crack a front shock tower at the pit, (Jammin Jay hooked me up with a replacement) but that was on a whiskey throttle save attemt over Joe Mountain, Chassis wear has been acceptable, I am still running the Carbon towers, the seem to be really durable, just CA the sides. I went to Neg 3 Deg. all the way around on camber, and have settled on 3.25 deg. rear toe in. 1 deg toe ut in the front, BB caster blocks, 2 deg anti squat, 2.5 mm fronont sway bar 0 pre load,2.8 rear 2mm pre load, I just "eyeball" the Rest!!! Its a good platform, I really like that 80% of my X-1 parts still work!!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast11970
I am currently running 10-20-5 in the diffs, !
Man, thats a unique set up for the buggy
Old 03-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by killerX2
I just finished the build of my new x2. I can't wait to run it! It looks amazing and the first race of the season is supposed to be next week (if it will stop raining and we can get the track built). They just came out with the aluminum shock towers and I will be ordering them as well as an aluminum b-block. The build went really smooth.

I'll give an update after I drive it...

-Keith
Yeah, my friends' son, Kaulin, just got picked up and has invested a lot in getting his setup dialed. He loves the car from what I hear, and he just switched from the D8 which was so so... for him anyways... And they were fed up with not having parts.

I'm running for HB right now too, but have been fairly successful with it. I have a special situation with them, but it means a lot to have the stuff you need and the support, and I'd have to say I'm looking for a little more in both categories. I was checking out Kaulin's X2 at last weeks' Tamiya Spring Challenge, and although it was his first race with it, and he had practically zero track time on it, it looked sweet! I like the overall build of the car, and the parts quality is top notch. But the number one thing has to be the fact that Jay cares so much about his products and races them too.

The car looks to be practically bulletproof too - which is a definite advantage it has over a lot of brands

I'm sure that any ideas, concerns, feedback will be taken very seriously, and translated into future developments in the car/parts. I just thought this would be a good forum for people to get their thoughts expressed and get the information out there for others to see.

If you know of another thread on a different forum, or source of information, please refer them to this one and let's see if we can get more people to get involved right here...

Thanks you guys!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, and one more thing... A lot of shops carry the parts, which is fantastic considering that like you said... a lot of the x1 parts fit.

In addition, it uses a lot of "standard" sized equipment, so if you don't have a replacement, you can usually find something else that'll fit temporarily.

I really like a few things that make a big difference... And the car already has most of the hop-ups that one would be interested in possibly upgrading to... which eliminates the need to spend more money. It surely justifies the price point being a bit higher than some other brands.

For instance... to get a D8 like mine, you'd have to spend close to or more than double the original kit price, for sure, and I haven't even spent as much as a lot of people considering I don't even have all of the lightened parts just yet, and now there's a couple other companies' getting new aluminum chassis' and driveshafts on the market. All in an attempt to get the car to the level a top-notch racer wants it to be at, regardless of price.

It just seems the X2 is stacked with most of the quality parts that would be an upgrade to anything else...

To prove my point:

1. Hardened Steel Alloy Universal Drive Shafts front and rear. ...(No cvd's)
2. Lightened out drives
3. Captured Hinge Pins - with locknuts - not like HB or Assoc. where they pop out in a bad accident...
4. Light weight Hardened Aluminum upper shock Stand-offs. (Afterthought to reduce weight on every other car...)
5. Light weight 7075 Aluminum Center Drive shafts. Lower rotating mass and less overall weight
6. Carbon Fiber shock towers
7. Carbon fiber radio tray
8. Front & rear hard anodized billet aluminum chassis braces
9. The Ring gears on the diffs have been re-geared and are lightened to help rpoduce one of the lightest drivetrain's on any car available.
10. The 16 mil shocks are fantastic too...

Not to mention it comes with wheels and tires too... But that obviously does change the bottom line pricing.

I was also checking out Chad's car and it is a clean layout that works well, and I like the fact that the car has been well-refined, and doesn't need a whole lot to get it up to speed. No leaky diffs... No breakage issues...

And I heard that they might be coming out with a newly designed front end??? Similiar to the new xray update, and the 1/10 scale 4wd front end design that changes the geometry slightly and lessens unsprung weight at the front wheels? Anyone heard anything?
Old 03-29-2009, 12:02 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Man this is cool!!!! Keep this thing going!! 10 20 5 does sound different for the diffs. Guess it is something to look into.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

10-20-5 in buggy is crazy. next time you hit the track try 5-5-5 thats what i have liked lately i used to run 5-5-3 but with 5 in the rear it locks it in under acceleration.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I run Bradleys setup with 553, but I use a carbon clutch w/ 1.0 springs and that helps with controlling the snap/ torque from the motor and keeps the rear inline when getting on the gas out of the corner. The right tires for the track also helps. The one thing that I love about the Jammin is the RELIABILTY. I dont ever have any issues with the car and finishing races.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by underway
I run Bradleys setup with 553, but I use a carbon clutch w/ 1.0 springs and that helps with controlling the snap/ torque from the motor and keeps the rear inline when getting on the gas out of the corner. The right tires for the track also helps. The one thing that I love about the Jammin is the RELIABILTY. I dont ever have any issues with the car and finishing races.
I always start with 5-7-2 with any car and usually stick to it too. It just seems like the best starting point where all cars do well and usually work best. Does anyone run this with this car, and if so, what have been your results?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NsideLine
I always start with 5-7-2 with any car and usually stick to it too. It just seems like the best starting point where all cars do well and usually work best. Does anyone run this with this car, and if so, what have been your results?

Yeah 10-20-5 is nuts, But I have Ran, 5-5-2 , 5-5-3, 5-7-3, 5-7-2, THen I went...30-30-30 Then went 20-30-10, 10-20-7 , 10-20-5, has been working for me, I will probably go lighter, next 7-10-5 trying to work backwards into a lighter setup, or I might give 7-7-3 a shot??? I understand tires, With all these setups, I have tryed differant compounds, and Brands, AKA, Pro lines, JC, GRP,DLD, and Panther depending on the track. When I first built the X2, I was 3 seconds slower than the X-1 But the X-2 drives Differant, finally I have surpassed my old fast lap, by a second with the X-2, it just took me time to figure how to drive it, and thats what it needs, to be driven! But its a good car, and yes reliable, I think in two years of running Jammin, I have only had one DNF (Broken Shock Tower -Fioroni?) In 2007 I smacked pit wall in a Q at the Nitro Challenge, I finished the race, when I checked it out, I had broke one of the lower arm mounts, (Where it goes around the C Hub) Still finished, Didnt even feel too much handling go away....Raced alot of brands...and that hit would have DNF'ed many other cars! WHACK!!! Jammin is good stuff.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have had this buggy for about 2 months and have over 1 gallon on it. And it has been my favorite buggy so far! havent broke a thing!.... I am Very impressed with the durablility and overall performance.. Turns, jumps and handles AWSOME.. I am also running the 5-5-3 combo and i have not had any issues.. It seems people over look this buggy and would rather buy a WC car or a Losi.. With all the upgrades and hop-ups you dont have to invest money into it... I came from running a TQ SX8 last summer, Sorry but those are GARBAGE, broke every race and couldnt find a good set-up... I find my self a better driver overall with the X2.. So if your thinking about getting one DO IT!!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've had the X2 for a couple of months now and am finally able to drive the thing halfway decent. X1 and X2 are completely different animals. I too struggled with the rear end twitchiness, something the X1 never had. I'm running Chad's setup pretty much. I softened the clutch a little and switched to AKA City Blocks and last race rear end stayed planted. Buggy jumps, steers, and accellerates better than the X1. It also rolls with a lot less friction so you can just roll a lot of jumps and turns that you had to power through with the X1, something that was hard for me to get used to.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sugs
I've had the X2 for a couple of months now and am finally able to drive the thing halfway decent. X1 and X2 are completely different animals. I too struggled with the rear end twitchiness, something the X1 never had. I'm running Chad's setup pretty much. I softened the clutch a little and switched to AKA City Blocks and last race rear end stayed planted. Buggy jumps, steers, and accellerates better than the X1. It also rolls with a lot less friction so you can just roll a lot of jumps and turns that you had to power through with the X1, something that was hard for me to get used to.
It was reallly hard for me to adjust, so I just slowed it down a bit, Its fast, sometimes to fast! For me, But as I said Eairler, Just coming into race trim...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.