Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Marz, Thanks for the recommendations, I'm looking forward to trying it on the new X2 and hoping it will keep things turning free with less overall parts wear.
JB
Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sugs
Well, I tried Matt Gosch's setup this weekend and really liked it. You can find it on jamminproducts.com. Only thing I did different was switch to silver front springs because there was way too much steering for the traction conditions at my local track.
Only thing is... If you switched from the blue to the silver front springs it's not going to take away steering, it wil add to it, because the silver springs are medium stiffness and the blue are hard. The white are soft. I tried the silver springs during practice before jbrl last weekend, and didnt know if that was what was bothering me, or if it was just my diff setup combined with the wrong tires and on a brand new track, but I didnt like it, so I switched the center diff fluid from 7000 back to 5000 and the springs back to blue, and it seemed more stable. Had a hard time liking the one-qualifier setup - sucked that we had to do it because there were 340 entries, but... I did qualify better than a lot of people did, like the other OFNA guys, who had bad luck during that single qualifier... especially with little to no track time prior...
There is three classes at JBRL - Sportsman, Intermediate, and Expert/Pro. I ran intermediate, which is mostly b-team drivers, and a few simply fast privateers... And out of 7 mains, I qualified for the top of the B, then got bumped down to the top of the C after the last two rounds went out... 5 sec seperated me and the A main. One stupid rollover... oh well... It was an extremely long day, and we were beat. I had set up my car for daytime conditions and it had gone well enough during qualifying, so I didnt mess with it, and by the time the 20th main (mine) rolled around, it was night, and quite cold, making my suspension setup way too thick - especially in the rear. I led the first 4-5 laps of the 10 min. main, then had one silly accident, and the kid turn-marshalling watched everyone go by, then flipped me over. After that, I pushed too hard with the oil too thick in the rear, and the motor wearing out, and made a bunch of costly mistakes eliminating me from the bump-up spots. Oh well. Get em next time. I still need more time on the car, and definitely more time out at TA before the next race there. The setup isn't 100% yet by any means, and I've always struggled at that track. Would have been nice to have Chad out there to help with setups etc... Well, hopefully he's out at Rev tomorrow, and if not, maybe the following weekend. Gotta get some track time at ARC before the next jbrl too... Just so far away. I'll try and post a setup sheet once I try a few more things, and let you know what I've been using...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Crap. You're right. For some reason I had it in my head the silvers were harder, and it did still have tons of steering. You know, I did reset my ride height after the spring change, I wonder if the front was a little low with the blues on. I know I was thinking about changing the front droop some as well, for a little more rear weight transfer, but don't remember if I did.

OK, nobody listen to me, I'm an idiot.

Anyway, I'll try it again with the blues and make sure the other settings are correct.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Jammin X2 conversion in progress

Much more work to be done, such as removing the X1 decal (LOL), setting all suspension adjustments, replace fuel line, build shocks, etc after it's been in storage configuation for a year. Replaced all screws with Titanium except at key impact/stress points to save weight and am courious of what the end result will be. One more month before returning home and hope to get it on the track soon to learn how to drive the new X2. The Jammin forum post recommendations that everyone has provided really assisted in building the conversion.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin' X2 Buggy-x2-buggy-left-side-upper-2.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-x2-buggy-right-side-upper-2.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-x2-buggy-front-upper-2.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-x2-buggy-rear-2.jpg  
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Much more work to be done, such as removing the X1 decal (LOL), setting all suspension adjustments, replace fuel line, build shocks, etc after it's been in storage configuation for a year. Replaced all screws with Titanium except at key impact/stress points to save weight and am courious of what the end result will be. One more month before returning home and hope to get it on the track soon to learn how to drive the new X2. The Jammin forum post recommendations that everyone has provided really assisted in building the conversion.
Very cool bro. Nice to see you sticking to a brand and staying loyal. It's always goodto guage your true driving ability vs. the common upgrades of the X2 by converting the car over and testing lap times, wear, overall performance in different conditions, etc... It'll be good to see how you like the new stuff. Make sure you continue to visit this topic and post as much as possible. We need to revitalize the subject and get more people on here that run it.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Looking forward to start running the car the first week of Jun '09, I'll be sure to post results and share with all. There is so many new things about the car and RC Industry since I've been gone for a year +, it seems like I'll be starting from scrach as a beginer, lol! Also, looking forward to seeing how the new DE Racing bump skid will work on the front. Absolutely trust the Jammin brand and it's performance, as it's pulled through every race with no mechanical problems or parts breaking!
JB
Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Whats new guys? Its been kind of quiet lately.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Still Jammin Mon'...

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Whats new guys? Its been kind of quiet lately.
last night my Dad was at OCRC with Jay Halsey and he was there testing a newCRT-5 electric truggy totally cool my Dad said, I couldnt go Im sick with a cold. I did do the Jimmy Babcock 1st round and there was too many people but it was all good the car was perfect. I just bobbled a couple of times and ended up 4th in the D Pro Buggy I was in second but I just got hammered from behind and I instantly went down to sixth and got back to fourth. Got good track time and it was a good weekend ,cant wait to go to ARC and check out the new track.Stay Fast ... Kaulin
Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I know this is for the x2 buggy but I have a x1xcr proline crowd pleazer 2.0 body I would like to sell. 45.00 shipped lower 48 paypal confirmed address. thanks for any help. heres a link to more pic's and if you click on matt's pic's you will see more of my work.
http://picasaweb.google.com/mrdee01/...eat=directlink
Attached Thumbnails Jammin' X2 Buggy-jammin-x1x-001.jpg  
Old 05-06-2009, 09:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Where is the list of the changes made from the X1-CR to the X2?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

from the Jammin site...
The new Jammin X2 Buggy upgraded with New Chassis Layout, Lightweight Drive Line Parts, Carbon Fiber Towers, Super Big Bore 16mm Shocks, Spiral Cut Low Friction Ring and Pinion Gears front and rear, Proline REVOLVER Tires, Top Loading Servo Saver, Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles and the Hi-Down Force Wing.

More specifics- truggy gearing, alu dog bone center prop shafts, center diff mount is plastic-but same geometry and construction as the cnc model
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

So basically... An X1 is just as good, just doesnt have the better shocks.. Good, I wont need to upgrade mine!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BSchorr
So basically... An X1 is just as good, just doesnt have the better shocks.. Good, I wont need to upgrade mine!
I cant answer that yet. You may want to check out the conversion kit though. Great price!
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=20183
Old 05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Naw, Ill be just as fast!

What spring combo you guys like for the 16mm big bores?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Naw, Ill be just as fast!

What spring combo you guys like for the 16mm big bores?
for the x1, the silver springs are the standard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.