R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdpower View Post
Hi.
I'm using plastic brace in front and stock rear, but i to noticed a little scratch on the chassi, it was a one time only, never happened since.

As for the pin wear i mentioned above, well today i just repaced them for new pins, and the bones are race ready again!

Cheers

P.S. I was going to post some pics but a forum rule don't allow me to do so just yet....
where did you get the pins? and do you have a part#? how did you replace them?
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've never seen this pin wear issue, but I'll double check mine tonight.
Marz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #123
Tech Master

I have not seen it either. on any of my ofna products, and I still own and drive an original lx-pro. with the original mach .25. about12 gallons through it now? I pretty much stopped counting at 10. mine on the lx-pro show very little wear, but since I bought it xmas 2003? I think thats when they first introduced it. If it blows who cares after all these years of service. But I have been reading this is a big flaw in the jammin x2. I have a brand new hyper 8.5 that I thought was the tit but bought a rtr jammin x1 from a kid down the street for next to nothing. and the jammins handle perfect for my driving style. the 8.5is also a good car but feels skiddish to me.

Last edited by bigmatt; 04-15-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: added content
Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #124
Tech Addict

The quality of HN / Jammin products is 2nd to none - so any unusual wear would seem outta the ordinary to me.

I also notice the USA version has titanium lightened t/buckles. Our Aussie version doesn't.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #125
Tech Master

I think the titanium is a little overboard for my taste. also you can get them separate for 59.00? I do not see the need myself. but some people like the bling bling.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #126
Tech Addict

As a 'sponsored' driver, I get my stuff at cost, and yeah, with the conversion rate, Lunsfords are about $50-$60.

They are less than half the weight of the steel OEM ones I was told, but I don't worry about them on the buggy. On the truggy tho, I have lightened CVs, TBs, and chassis coming, to make the car closer to the XT8 weight.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #127
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
where did you get the pins? and do you have a part#? how did you replace them?
Hi,
Well the pins i just cut them from on Kyosho arm Shaft.
Its real easy to replace them, just hammer it down until flush with the bone then insert the new one with the hammer again, and it just forces the old one out, simple!

On the other X2 topic here, there are others that have the same wear i had.
Shame that i cant post pictures for you guys to see.
Pdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #128
Tech Adept

Ok.

I figured a way to post this for you.

I think its a little to much, for 3 gal only on those parts.

Check it out
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin' X2 Buggy-cardan01.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-cardan1.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-cardan02.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-cardan2.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-cardan03.jpg  

Pdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #129
Tech Master

Quote:
Ok.

Check it out
dam, that is some wear for only 3 gallons!
where did you get the replacement pins? part#? sorry I see you already posted the fix.

Last edited by bigmatt; 04-16-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: already answered
Old 04-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #130
Tech Addict

Man that looks toasted...

Maybe try the unis instead?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #131
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Ok.

Check it out
Yep, that's about what mine look like as well. Same notch in the rear outdrive too.
- Mugen MBX6 Alpha F850 -
- Nomadio Sensor - Hitec servos - Panther tires - DE Racing -
sugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 AM   #132
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow, I'm not looking forward to that. BTW, the pins for the bones - are they the same as that of the ones for the F/R CVDs ? My LHS helped me change out the rear CVD bones with some pins from Thunder Tiger. I have/had TT S3 as my last series of buggies & never had any issue with wear of the cups & pins.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Savage FLM ext. 5S MMM 8XL, E REVO Medusa 1600KV 6S MMM
Thunder Tiger ST Neu 1515 2000KV Lutach esc 5S 4800mah
joeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #133
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to NsideLine

Quote:
Ok.

Check it out
I guess that looks to be a little extreme, more like 5 gal than 3... But I don't know if you've had a D8, or the losi cars... I know I was changing out my front center at least every gal to every gal and a half because of the extreme angle on it, and the level of wear. On the D8, I would literally want to switch all of the cvd drive parts (i.e. - barrel, pin) out every gallon and a half on the whole car. The little barrels would get rounded off and loose in no time. The pins would be notched so bad it wasnt funny, and the entire driveline would become a sloppy mess. I have to say, the universals on this car are much much better and I have no concerns with one of them breaking randomly on me, which is nice. They seem to last a long time, and so, I'd rather change out the center driveshafts once every 3-4 gallons, than have to worry about all of them all the time. And I know that they offer the hardened universals if weight is less of a concern, and you just want them to last. I'd personally like to get a set just to weigh and feel the difference

I went out to Rev last night and broke in a jpx .21 a little bit, and ran my Sirio .21 EVO4 as well... It was ballistic. With a fresh pinch and new cer. bearings - it was almost undrivable at 220 deg. I had to bring it back to the realm of normal control around 200. One time I pinned it wide open off the big triple step-up and tried to clear the whole table-top, and I did, but landed like a lawn dart on the front corner of the car, and the thing pole-vaulted up 8 feet into the air after hitting the ground, and landed on the back straight. I mean, this accident had the right to break my entire car in half if so be it, but to my astonishment, it was sitting on the straightaway, running, with NO damage whatsoever!. I am still baffled by this. I've landed the same exact way 15-20 times with my D8 and almost always, the front hub carrier on that side breaks and you can hear it crack from the driver stand. (And usually the driveshaft goes with it because of the new angle of the driveline after impact....) I still can't believe that the car stayed in one piece. Later, after switching to a diff. set of front shocks with slightly thicker oil, I caught a landing crooked and it somehow broke the shock shaft right off at the start of the threads near the bottom, and one of the upper shock mounting positons/standoffs came loose a bit and then bent in a crash, but that's it on the night. And I was driving pretty balls-out due to the motor being insane, and me seing if I could breakk it. I'm pretty impressed overall.

One thing I'm a little concerned with, is the angle of the front end. Not really the geometry of the suspension/chassis, but the fact that the bumper and front kick up plate are snub-nosed and slightly low to the ground. Is there anyone who makes a bumper for the car that has a smooth angle to it, and would allow the car to recover a little better if it lands front end down and digs in a bit? The stock setup seems to want to dig a hole in the dirt and flip the car when landing at an acceptable angle, where my old car would recover and continue without a problem. It caused me to go from first to last after a crash on the second lap of the main last we.

Thanks for your ideas... J
TKO Comp. Development - www.tkocompetitiondev.com
NsideLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #134
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to NsideLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast11970 View Post
I use the one piece mount, are you using the two piece? I have not seen that on mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
I use the one piece also. on my x1 rtr I noticed that until i put the chassis brace on. now I use the one piece on the x2.
Quote:
Hi.
I'm using plastic brace in front and stock rear, but i to noticed a little scratch on the chassi, it was a one time only, never happened since.

As for the pin wear i mentioned above, well today i just repaced them for new pins, and the bones are race ready again!

Cheers

P.S. I was going to post some pics but a forum rule don't allow me to do so just yet....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugs View Post
Mine does this too. I think it actually caused me to flame out on one of my quals last weekend, and then I noticed the dent while working on my car this week. I'm using the two piece mount. May have to pick up the one piece mount.
I never got to post a pic, but I am using the two-piece stock mount, as I didnt upgrade from the X1, remember... I have all X2 stock parts. It seems kind of weird how they use aluminum braces to stiffen the car yet leave the thing so flexible in the middle you can bend it by hand and see the change in mesh and its really dramatic! I would almost say that plastic braces might be better, but the ones that came with the kit, were almost like cheap toy-plastic, not hobby-grade nylon... They seem like they were'nt the right size, either... Like they were for the X1 shorter chassis. I will stick with alum. for now, but I'd like to try that 1-piece mount. Can anyone post a pic/link?

This is what I have been using...
TKO Comp. Development - www.tkocompetitiondev.com

Last edited by NsideLine; 04-17-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Pic added
NsideLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #135
Tech Master

I do believe that the front chassis brace is different from x-1 compared too x-2.