Regards,
Joe Ling
Savage FLM ext. 5S MMM 8XL, E REVO Medusa 1600KV 6S MMM
Thunder Tiger ST Neu 1515 2000KV Lutach esc 5S 4800mah
joeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:43 AM   #47
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to NsideLine

[QUOTE=" Kaulin";5625345]Just follow the general directions but we run for the diffs 5,7 2 the car is very tight with that set up but I recommend to calm it down by using a composite clutch 2 shoes and one aluminum with 1.0 springs, This is for the brave at heart, it makes the car feal really stuck. We also run the AKA tires not sponsored by them and we are still running those tires, they are strapped.I like the car to run lighter shock fluid with 1.4 pistons in the shocks,depending on the track and weather determins the fluid choice.I like the car to feel light and to have good timing over he jumps snd and try to stay smooth to save the car ,hope that helps. K.V.H.[/QUOTE]

Great. Thanks you guys. Post a couple pics of Kaulin's car if you get a chance. I use Flickr to host pics online. But with a free acct, you can only upload 100MB worth of photos a month... You might want to upgrade, and/or get a photobucket acct too! Here's the links, and just call me if you can't figure it out...

[url]http://www.flickr.com[/url]

[URL="http://photobucket.com/"]http://photobucket.com/[/URL]

I know these aren't very good pics, but I only got a few of Kaulin's car at the Tamiya race... I figured I'd post em anyways...

I take it back, that last one's pretty cool
TKO Comp. Development - www.tkocompetitiondev.com

Last edited by NsideLine; 04-01-2009 at 09:01 AM.
NsideLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #48
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeling View Post
Here's mine :

One is full of titanium. It's about 200g lighter than stock.

If u want the diff internals to last forever, use the hardened ones for HB lightning (I also heard that the HPI Savage ones fit too)

I run 5-5-1 in my diff & I'm quite pleased with it. Being a lead handed person, this car (together with an OS speed) helped me to graduate from middle 'B' main guy to middle 'A' main guy at my local track .

Regards,
Joe Ling
Hey Joe, where do you get the ti screws from, and how much do they cost? I wanted to get a set for my D8 but they were going to cost me more than a whole kit at my price! THAT'S RIDICULOUS! I used to work for my dad at his machine shop, and I wish I still had all of the inventory from there - (T6 alum. stock, titanium stock, etc...) and equipment... I'd be running off all kinds of stuff all the time. Oh well. Let me know if you can score a good deal on the titanium hardware dood!

Oh, BTW, I spoke to Steve and Jay, and I will be getting my buggy next week, and I'll be back out at rev in time for the last round of the losi series it looks like... April 11th. Hope I can get it together in time to lay down a few tanks before we run... Maybe Thurs. night next week. Just depends on when they get their shipment in... But, I'll definitely be runnin' a Jammin' from now on anyways, and I can't wait to see how it goes...
Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #49
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi NsideLine,

There is no 'kit' set of screws like what Tony is selling. I had to buy the screws piece meal & that's why I came up with the screw table. The 4mm ones are especially hard to find if at all. All in all I think I spent about USD80+ for the screws but not all the 4mm ones were available. I bought most of my screws from :

www.rc-mushroom.com

www.rcmart.com

However, last I check about 2 weeks ago, they were mostly out of stock I guess from my previous purchase more than a month ago . Probably not a fast moving item I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NsideLine View Post
Hey Joe, where do you get the ti screws from, and how much do they cost? I wanted to get a set for my D8 but they were going to cost me more than a whole kit at my price! THAT'S RIDICULOUS! I used to work for my dad at his machine shop, and I wish I still had all of the inventory from there - (T6 alum. stock, titanium stock, etc...) and equipment... I'd be running off all kinds of stuff all the time. Oh well. Let me know if you can score a good deal on the titanium hardware dood!

Oh, BTW, I spoke to Steve and Jay, and I will be getting my buggy next week, and I'll be back out at rev in time for the last round of the losi series it looks like... April 11th. Hope I can get it together in time to lay down a few tanks before we run... Maybe Thurs. night next week. Just depends on when they get their shipment in... But, I'll definitely be runnin' a Jammin' from now on anyways, and I can't wait to see how it goes...
Regards,
Joe Ling
Malaysia
Savage FLM ext. 5S MMM 8XL, E REVO Medusa 1600KV 6S MMM
Thunder Tiger ST Neu 1515 2000KV Lutach esc 5S 4800mah
joeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mine
Old 04-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #51
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by " Kaulin" View Post
Just follow the general directions but we run for the diffs 5,7 2 the car is very tight with that set up but I recommend to calm it down by using a composite clutch 2 shoes and one aluminum with 1.0 springs, This is for the brave at heart, it makes the car feal really stuck. We also run the AKA tires not sponsored by them and we are still running those tires, they are strapped.I like the car to run lighter shock fluid with 1.4 pistons in the shocks,depending on the track and weather determins the fluid choice.I like the car to feel light and to have good timing over he jumps snd and try to stay smooth to save the car ,hope that helps. K.V.H.

I might try your clutch..How is the low end? What springs?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Anyone know if Jammin will release a RTR CR X2 ?
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #53
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Anyone know if Jammin will release a RTR CR X2 ?
Maybe but I doubt it. Costs would be too high with all of the upgraded parts.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

here's my x2. just starting to break in
http://picasaweb.google.com/mrdee01/...eat=directlink
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin' X2 Buggy-jammin-x2-004.jpg  
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #55
Tech Master

A Few Months ago..
Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #56
Tech Master

Brand new..
Old 04-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #57
Tech Master

All Jammin for now...Anyone had a Z car???
Old 04-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #58
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast11970 View Post
Brand new..
Very cool bro. What is the big washer on the transponder all about?
Not too sure about the filter securing method... That steel hose clamp might not be the lightest thing in the world, but I highly doubt that filter is coming off any time soon! Did you run outta zip-ties and steal it off your real car's filter, or is it simply a personal preference?

And are you having trouble with run-time with that O.S. or are you just running two fuel filters in case you get stuck without a marshall for too long? does the car have a problem with flaming out if noone gets to it right away? I hate running external fuel filters, and would rather not, if I can help it. Does a little extra fuel line help enough, or do you really need extra like that? They're just extra weight, they have the ability to pop loose, or get an air leak, or split in the line at the entrance... all kinds of things that you can avoid by skipping them altogether. Does anybody else run a fuel filter? Does the car come with a dual-fuel filter setup like that? Isn't the spring-type pipe-mounting wire really heavy compared to just a straight wire? It does give you a kinda cool place to route your fuel line (if you use it...) Does anybody have a good photo of Chad's car without the body on? I'd just like to see a couple things.

I don't want you to think I'm picking apart your chassis or setup too much just to be a dick> I'm just a little paranoid about extra weight now, coming from the D8. I'm always looking for ways to drop a few grams if possible...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Well, I found out yesterday that the RTR X2 buggy is right around the corner. So I guess that answers that question.

I would like to see more Jammin' cars in the top 5 every week.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:33 AM   #60
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NsideLine View Post
Very cool bro. What is the big washer on the transponder all about?
Not too sure about the filter securing method... That steel hose clamp might not be the lightest thing in the world, but I highly doubt that filter is coming off any time soon! Did you run outta zip-ties and steal it off your real car's filter, or is it simply a personal preference?

And are you having trouble with run-time with that O.S. or are you just running two fuel filters in case you get stuck without a marshall for too long? does the car have a problem with flaming out if noone gets to it right away? I hate running external fuel filters, and would rather not, if I can help it. Does a little extra fuel line help enough, or do you really need extra like that? They're just extra weight, they have the ability to pop loose, or get an air leak, or split in the line at the entrance... all kinds of things that you can avoid by skipping them altogether. Does anybody else run a fuel filter? Does the car come with a dual-fuel filter setup like that? Isn't the spring-type pipe-mounting wire really heavy compared to just a straight wire? It does give you a kinda cool place to route your fuel line (if you use it...) Does anybody have a good photo of Chad's car without the body on? I'd just like to see a couple things.

I don't want you to think I'm picking apart your chassis or setup too much just to be a dick> I'm just a little paranoid about extra weight now, coming from the D8. I'm always looking for ways to drop a few grams if possible...
Large washer on PT- I do not wants the aliens to get my PT number (I also Wear a Tin Foil Hat so they cannot read my Mind) No Really the mount eyes broke, and I made due with what I had on hand, Its the same radio tray from my X1, been like that for over a year...

Fuel- still spec under 125 -9 min run time easy, The filters are empty(No Stone) I seal them up like the engine. They are just lil fuel tanksCurrently running Tuned GRP, 10 min Run time

Hose Clamp- Yep, It is from my service truck (Diesel Mechanic) never had one come off yet!

Weight- 7.6oz Dry..It is a lil heavy But I am not very diet freindly in my eating habits, or car set up.

Tube...I just change it and do not have many issues with splits and such. I buy those 100' rolls, I do a complete tear down every three races, new line goes on.

Pipe- The spring ones seem to not snap if you get kidney punched, or used as a berm Nothin worse than trying to finish a heat with your pipe floppin round...

I like durability...weight aside...To finish first, First one must FINISH.

I do not take much personal, I play with my cars cause they are fun, I race to have fun, wining is just an added bonus...I chitty chat on here cause its also fun, sure as heck beats workin...