R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 07:37 AM   #436
Tech Addict
 
smb17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smb17
Default

I don't have the car anymore but when I did... Yeah I wanted to put 3 in the rear. I liked the way it felt with 5,5,5 but it only ran really well with the track wet. Then with that Arm adjustment the car was more predictable and recovered faster.
__________________
-
smb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #437
Tech Fanatic
 
David_Aw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Posts: 837
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb17 View Post
I don't have the car anymore but when I did... Yeah I wanted to put 3 in the rear. I liked the way it felt with 5,5,5 but it only ran really well with the track wet. Then with that Arm adjustment the car was more predictable and recovered faster.
I tried diffs 7,7,7 here in Malaysia weather very hot. I fell good and it just planted on the floor with very stable in and out all corners. Just one thing it taking bigger corner and slower down in each corner compared to before 5,5,3. Haven't got the 5k diff oil yet, when it come going to try 5,5,5 with the same setting you mentioned before.
__________________
TEAM HONG NOR MALAYSIA / AE TEAM ASSOCIATED / T-WORKS RC / VP POWERMASTER FUEL / PROLINE RACING / LAP PARADISE RC RACEWAY / WWW.AWHOBBY.COM
HONG NOR X3 SABRE(V2) 1:8 SCALE PRO BUGGY WITH OS, S-POWER & NINJA .21 TURBO ENGINE
HONG NOR / JAMMIN X2-CRT 1:8 SCALE PRO TRUGGY WITH RB BXR .21 TURBO ENGINE
RACE DIRECTOR: MYLAPS RC4 DECODER & SPARC 2 SOFTWARE (H/P: +6016-7855848)
David_Aw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #438
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,414
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Got a couple questions regarding the X2 shocks. Are you guys using the short shockends or the long ones. And also how many mm or rod is showing between the shock body and the shock end when fully extended on front and back in mm please. Thanks.
mcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #439
Tech Fanatic
 
RobS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chatham, Ontario
Posts: 860
Default

Been a while since I have seen this thread... TTT!!
__________________
Rob Say
Action Hobbies Kingsville
"In racing you never really lose. You either win, or learn."
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #440
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcion View Post
Got a couple questions regarding the X2 shocks. Are you guys using the short shockends or the long ones. And also how many mm or rod is showing between the shock body and the shock end when fully extended on front and back in mm please. Thanks.
do not run the long shock ends, the droop will be way off and next to impossible to set. and for shock body to shock end i always just screwed my shock ends till the top of the shock end just barely ran out of thread.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #441
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 22
Default Shock pistons and Bumpy track setup

Hey Guys I'm from Alberta Canada and my local track is hard clay which gets pretty bumpy and the jumps get blown out.
I've tried 1.35 with 35f 25r and my car feels bouncy even at 15-20 degrees celcius? now I'm using 37.5f and 30r and it's still bouncy. But the worst part is during takeoff on the blown out jumps. The car twitches sideways off the takeoff and hard to recover.
The best I have found is silver and yellow rear springs with 1.35.
I tried 1.2 pistons but I think it's too much pack for the takeoffs, mabe lighter sway bars will help? What do you guys think?
Running 2 antisquat, 3 Rear toe, 5,5,3-5 Diffs
Uptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #442
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,863
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I've ran 1.3 holes front and rear for awhile. for 15-20C weather I'd be using about 30F and about 25R. So your oil choice seems pretty good. Thats weird about your take offs. No bent shock shafts or...??
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #443
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown View Post
Hey Guys I'm from Alberta Canada and my local track is hard clay which gets pretty bumpy and the jumps get blown out.
I've tried 1.35 with 35f 25r and my car feels bouncy even at 15-20 degrees celcius? now I'm using 37.5f and 30r and it's still bouncy. But the worst part is during takeoff on the blown out jumps. The car twitches sideways off the takeoff and hard to recover.
The best I have found is silver and yellow rear springs with 1.35.
I tried 1.2 pistons but I think it's too much pack for the takeoffs, mabe lighter sway bars will help? What do you guys think?
Running 2 antisquat, 3 Rear toe, 5,5,3-5 Diffs
run 35 all the way around in shocks, make sure they move freely and get full travel. also make sure all of your arms droop the same. and run 1.2 pistons. the reg say bars are fine. just make sure everything is equal. i had the same problem with mine and i found out one of my shocks wasnt moving the same, the piston was warped and the other time the blatter had a hole in it. hope this helps some.

5-5-3 in diffs works great but what springs are you running? blue front white rear? if the track is rough and blown out put the silver/crome one on the rear and that will help a ton.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #444
Tech Elite
 
looper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DFW area of Texas
Posts: 2,224
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to looper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown View Post
Hey Guys I'm from Alberta Canada and my local track is hard clay which gets pretty bumpy and the jumps get blown out.
I've tried 1.35 with 35f 25r and my car feels bouncy even at 15-20 degrees celcius? now I'm using 37.5f and 30r and it's still bouncy. But the worst part is during takeoff on the blown out jumps. The car twitches sideways off the takeoff and hard to recover.
The best I have found is silver and yellow rear springs with 1.35.
I tried 1.2 pistons but I think it's too much pack for the takeoffs, mabe lighter sway bars will help? What do you guys think?
Running 2 antisquat, 3 Rear toe, 5,5,3-5 Diffs
try this

5-7-2 diffs
1.4 pistons and 32.5-35wt all around
2* antisquat
2.5 rear toe in
blue front silver rear or silver all around
b block mounting up front middle hole upper center arm mounting
middle upper hole or inner upper hole shock mounting
2.3 f 2.5 r swaybars mounted on the end (flush with ball)
__________________
Looped Designs Paintwerks
http://ldpaint.webs.com/ Email: Looped.designs@gmail.com
looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #445
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by looper View Post
try this

5-7-2 diffs
1.4 pistons and 32.5-35wt all around
2* antisquat
2.5 rear toe in
blue front silver rear or silver all around
b block mounting up front middle hole upper center arm mounting
middle upper hole or inner upper hole shock mounting
2.3 f 2.5 r swaybars mounted on the end (flush with ball)
one question do you run the Jammin X2?? i ran that same set and that thing was like driving one ICE!! you must have some great traction tracks.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #446
Tech Elite
 
looper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DFW area of Texas
Posts: 2,224
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to looper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
one question do you run the Jammin X2?? i ran that same set and that thing was like driving one ICE!! you must have some great traction tracks.
Yeah it does like to be Lutz'd around the corners with this setup but it does grip good, mine is a x1.5
__________________
Looped Designs Paintwerks
http://ldpaint.webs.com/ Email: Looped.designs@gmail.com
looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #447
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,863
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown View Post
Running 2 antisquat
Try 1 antisquat. Not for the jumping problem, just general handling
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #448
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by looper View Post
Yeah it does like to be Lutz'd around the corners with this setup but it does grip good, mine is a x1.5
yeah i it was just too loose for me, i only like 5-5-3 or 5-5-2. and i never ran anything but the 3 or 3.5 toe in and and 2 anti squat and ran the stock sway bars, but i had mine on the tight side and it worked well but switch to HB and all the aggravation was over
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:44 AM   #449
Tech Elite
 
looper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DFW area of Texas
Posts: 2,224
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to looper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
yeah i it was just too loose for me, i only like 5-5-3 or 5-5-2. and i never ran anything but the 3 or 3.5 toe in and and 2 anti squat and ran the stock sway bars, but i had mine on the tight side and it worked well but switch to HB and all the aggravation was over

Should have seen when i put the 3* block on back and ran 5-8-1 that was fun to drive. although just a wee bit twitchy 5-7-2 is my preferred diff setup
__________________
Looped Designs Paintwerks
http://ldpaint.webs.com/ Email: Looped.designs@gmail.com
looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #450
Tech Lord
 
SuperEk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 10,333
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

its good to see Jammin or hong nor cars are still popular here. They are not so popular in my country anymore.

although i am racing 1/8 ep only i still prefer jammin as its very tough n not too expensive.
__________________
Hobbywing-Acorn Racing-ManiaRC-UpgradeRC-Hong nor-Rc monster-Blackbeard-Rc-MoosDesign-SweepRacing-Boca bearings-Tresrey USA-Velociti raceware-Tekno Rc-Team J-JPL Models-SNR Graphite (RETIRED)
SuperEk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SH Z CAR easyryder Nitro Off-Road 4909 07-28-2017 08:22 AM
Jammin X2-CR ?? (buggy?) orzel24 Nitro Off-Road 441 05-13-2015 06:34 AM
JAMMIN X2 CRT!!!! luis carballo Nitro Off-Road 1009 02-07-2015 02:53 PM
R/C Stuff Selling Kenneth Tan Singapore R/C Racers 45728 09-09-2009 07:19 AM
Jammin X2 CR beta bob Nitro Off-Road 14 08-12-2009 05:40 PM
Jammin X2 CRT Truggy hlpressley R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 04-14-2009 06:10 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net