R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-22-2009, 05:07 AM   #271
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

car works great with the 1.35 shock pistons and 35wt front/25wt rear.
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #272
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey where can i find a manual online or in print and a stock setup sheet for the x2? Ofnas website will not open the X2 manual.
bjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #273
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjkb View Post
car works great with the 1.35 shock pistons and 35wt front/25wt rear.
are you running the long or short lower shock mounts?
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #274
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I see the conversion kit from the X1 to the X2, but what is the diffrence between the buggys???

i'm geting a X1 CR FTE and was wondering if it would be worth geting the conversion...
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #275
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
I see the conversion kit from the X1 to the X2, but what is the diffrence between the buggys???

i'm geting a X1 CR FTE and was wondering if it would be worth geting the conversion...

Here ya go.

http://jamminproducts.com/x1cr.htm
- Mugen MBX6 Alpha F850 -
- Nomadio Sensor - Hitec servos - Panther tires - DE Racing -
sugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #276
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hello

Was wondering if there is a conversion kit to electric for the X2?

Thanks
ftfl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #277
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

jammin will be releasing a kit very soon. the kit will be a tekno kit sold by jammin.
Tel: (858) 997-0833
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #278
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ok, thanks.
ftfl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #279
Tech Master

has anyone broke the Front hard anodized billet aluminum chassis brace? Is the rear the same lengh or is it the front? To inter change between x1x/x-2
Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #280
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
has anyone broke the Front hard anodized billet aluminum chassis brace? Is the rear the same lengh or is it the front? To inter change between x1x/x-2
Nope, never broke one. Fronts are the same, X2 rear is longer.
- Mugen MBX6 Alpha F850 -
- Nomadio Sensor - Hitec servos - Panther tires - DE Racing -
sugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:58 AM   #281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

Bigmatt: I use the short shock ends on Front and Rears.

Whitrzac: I highly recommend the conversion kit for the X1/X1X. The handling characteristics/performance of the X2 buggy are much better in every aspect in my opinion. I converted my original X1/X1X and am extremely pleased. I haven't even built the X2 kit thats sits in reserve on the shelf. The best place I've found the conversion is www.Nitrohouse.com.

I've put approx 3/4 gal through the new Buggy with 2 races/practice. The X2 buggy does everything better than the older version! I haven't raced in over 1+ years and the new car is on pace with a field full of Losi 2.0, Xray 808, New Associated RC8B and Kyosho MP9. Was able to make the A Main first time out with this car. After complete tear down this week for regular maintenance, I am pleased to see there is very little wear on any parts. Normal wear on the diff gears, drive cups and shafts (extremely minimal on all parts). I used the O'Donnell O'Lube on all external metal to metal points. I did find very small rub marks on rear center drive shaft (believe it touched the rear chassis brace during hard flexing of the chassis, due to me still relearning to drive, lol!). There is more ballooning of the front tires than the older car, but smoother throttle input during corner exits was the fix vs. sacrificing other handling characteristics by going to a heavier diff fluid (5/5/3)...the car still accellerates much faster and needs much less throttle to go faster than the older version. I had a R-Rear lower shock screw back out during last race for the first time in my cars history...went back and installed the set screws in all lower shock screw points to prevent this in the future...costed me several places during the A-Main. Will test slightly heavier shock fluids next, especially in weather above 95 deg. the (keeping 1.35 pistons) Front 35wt/ Rear 25wt may have been a little light for the track and heat. Also during practice noticed the new buggy is especially faster on throttle during cornering. Will post when complete with the shock fluid test and look forward to Chad's upcoming setup changes/recommendations.

Thanks to everyones shared posts on this site, it has definitely assisted me in getting things right the first time and hours of setup/testing with the new X2 buggy.
JB
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #282
Tech Master

I am glad that every one loves the new buggy(x-2) but mine is falling apart. parts broke, and this is just practice trying to get it dialed in.
1-rear dog bone,bent have no clue as to how.
2-front chassis brace broke clean where it mounts to frame. went to have it welded as it is supposed to be aluminum. not pot metal
3-graphite servo saver plate. and yes the front plate pad was installed correctly.
this car seems to me to have a lot of flex, I can twist by hand. Has any one else had any of these problems? This is one of the first conversion kits that came from nitro house.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #283
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
I am glad that every one loves the new buggy(x-2) but mine is falling apart. parts broke, and this is just practice trying to get it dialed in.
1-rear dog bone,bent have no clue as to how.
2-front chassis brace broke clean where it mounts to frame. went to have it welded as it is supposed to be aluminum. not pot metal
3-graphite servo saver plate. and yes the front plate pad was installed correctly.
this car seems to me to have a lot of flex, I can twist by hand. Has any one else had any of these problems? This is one of the first conversion kits that came from nitro house.
MATT: What did you hit? My conversion has been bullet proof. Pretty much standard Jammin durability. I always check to make sure my braces are tight before I put the car out on the track. maybe your braces were loose or you had a head on with a MACK truck You are talking about the rear center aluminum dogbone right?
underway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #284
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by underway View Post
MATT: What did you hit? My conversion has been bullet proof. Pretty much standard Jammin durability. I always check to make sure my braces are tight before I put the car out on the track. maybe your braces were loose or you had a head on with a MACK truck You are talking about the rear center aluminum dogbone right?
yes rear center dog bone. I'll post pics in the morning. I have not hit any thing. that's what kills me. my x1x you could run into a tree and some thing might break,and I mean might. this car I am just cruising around the track. not even doing double's. I haven't had it wide open yet. It's like every time I come in from a run some thing has broken. As far as the braces I do every screw on the bottom of the car every time. I use the losi thread locker on all the screws. I fully understand what you are saying, need to hit some thing, but no not this one. One other thing I noticed was the front and rear shock were rubbing on the cvd's. I am using the short ends. I think I will go to long.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #285
Tech Addict

Our conversion kit has been awesome this year too. Couldn't ask for more durability or reliability out of the buggy or truck.

GREAT PRODUCT JAMMIN and KILLER SUPPORT!!!!!

Jon Whitenton

"YOUNG GUN RC"
jonw is offline   Reply With Quote