Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Truggy Shootout

I want to see a truggy shootout with all new race kits. I think it will be a good buyers guide... The truggies I wish to see in it are:

AE RC8T
Hobao Hyper ST
XRAY XT8 '09'
Hot Bodies D8T
Team Losi 2.0
Mugen MBX6T
Hong Nor/Jammin X2 CRT

Without the judges being biased towards the truggies they own or brands they like.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Addict

TBH Im not sure, many people have the $ to do that. As its exspensive or the time. The only people that could would be a Rc magazine. But Im doubting anyone on here could do it..
Old 04-28-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RUF-VK
I want to see a truggy shootout with all new race kits. I think it will be a good buyers guide... The truggies I wish to see in it are:

AE RC8T
Hobao Hyper ST
XRAY XT8 '09'
Hot Bodies D8T
Team Losi 2.0
Mugen MBX6T
Hong Nor/Jammin X2 CRT

Without the judges being biased towards the truggies they own or brands they like.

Of course people are going to be bias on what they like and dislike..... That would be part of the shootout.....

Hobao - sucks - you dont see these at big races
AE - ok tho if you are a hard driver - the ybreak - "expericence"
XRAY are dope, but expensive to maintain nad parts are not easy to get
HotBodies - the truck you buy is not the same as the pros drive - they are ok for newbies not for the seasoned vet
2.0, awsome - they fixed the problems from the 1.0 and the thing is dialed - upgrades not needed - durble and proven - parts are avalible at almost every LHS in the country
Mugen - a very ver ygood truck - just make sure you can get parts when you need them
Jammin - sucks - IMO - not very stable

I own one of each except the Jammin - my fav is the 2.0 and mugen trucks

1 Losi 2.0
2 Mugen
3 Xray
4 AE - with hop ups
5 jammin
6 hoboa
Old 04-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Let's see what everyone elses opinions are ay bud
Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Of course people are going to be bias on what they like and dislike..... That would be part of the shootout.....

HotBodies - the truck you buy is not the same as the pros drive - they are ok for newbies not for the seasoned vet
2.0, awsome - they fixed the problems from the 1.0 and the thing is dialed - upgrades not needed - durble and proven - parts are avalible at almost every LHS in the country
Mugen - a very ver ygood truck - just make sure you can get parts when you need them

1 Losi 2.0
2 Mugen
3 Xray
4 AE - with hop ups
5 jammin
6 hoboa
Hot Bodies- The truck you buy is EXACTLY the same truck the pro's drive
Old 04-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

losi or the new mugen 6t. I lone my losi 2.0 but the new mugen
Mugen looks very nice.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

1 Losi 2.0
2 Mugen
3 Xray
4 AE - with hop ups
5 jammin
6 hoboa

Don't forget Maified is a very hard drive and that AE truck has been in the winners circle a lot!! Same with Cav!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

You have to remember that those guys are getting paid to run what they run... Cav and maifield are some of the 2 best drivers right now, and before the ae truggy came out they both ran Kyosho St-rr's which they chose to be their ride (not paid to run them)...

Just cause a car isn't showing up in the podium every big race doesnt make it crap...

and your missing IMO one of the best truggies there is - Kyosho ST-RR
Old 04-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

WHATTT??????????

I run the same truck and buggy as what Hara, Tessman, Robbers, and Amezcua run and you can buy the SAME exact thing as what I run. You are sadly misinformed.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I disagree about the AE being fragile. I dont run truggy anymore but like the AE never was a Losi guy but do like the 2.0 not the 1.0 the Mugen looks cool from what I have seen. Not a Jammin fan either Hobao needs to make a new 1, And the D8T looks sweet and if its like my buggy then its a winner. And the X-ray I wish they would have made a 808 spin off so its a loser to me sorry XRAY guys. the BOB is sick.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

1 Losi 2.0
2 Mugen
3 Xray
4 AE - with hop ups
5 jammin
6 hoboa

I only have 2 problems with the above... 1. The Jammin is probably one of the most stable/ durable trucks out. If you have never owned one how can you say it sucks?

2. NO KYOSHO STRR... Great truggy in its own right, the reason the AE guys were driving those is because the RC8T is losely based(geometry) off the STRR... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Hot Bodies does not have some secret bin of "special" parts that only the Fast team drivers get. If thats the case then all companies would do it... So do you believe that the same 2.0 that truhe/Drake drive is different from your truck that you bought? That is a long time "MYTH", it used to be that way with engines but nowadays 90 percent of motors have more power than most pilots are able to put to the ground anyway...
Old 04-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by underway
I only have 2 problems with the above... 1. The Jammin is probably one of the most stable/ durable trucks out. If you have never owned one how can you say it sucks?

2. NO KYOSHO STRR... Great truggy in its own right, the reason the AE guys were driving those is because the RC8T is losely based(geometry) off the STRR... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Hot Bodies does not have some secret bin of "special" parts that only the Fast team drivers get. If thats the case then all companies would do it... So do you believe that the same 2.0 that truhe/Drake drive is different from your truck that you bought? That is a long time "MYTH", it used to be that way with engines but nowadays 90 percent of motors have more power than most pilots are able to put to the ground anyway...

So ur saying the strr should or shouldnt be up in the list?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Missing one of the newest truggies. The Z01-T
Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
So ur saying the strr should or shouldnt be up in the list?
It should MOST definitely be on that list of truggies......
Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by underway
It should MOST definitely be on that list of truggies......
Thats what i was hoping you were saying lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.