R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default where do i send my motor to get modded??

so i got a rb s5 and a nova p5xs and i really want to get both of them modded. i've never had a modded engine before. is there a big difference? runtimes,power,life etc? anyways please give me some input. thx guys!
Mark Erce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Can people please look around for a little before posting?
beginner4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

hmmmmm, let's see.

PTM, Powerhouse, Murnan, Massive, Houstons.................there are many.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

eb mods have them break it in for u and your engine will tune perfect till its death, trust me on this iv had a grip of engines and not one has lasted longer then the one he set up for me!
jeff alessi 801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Pro Twister Mods....Brian does great work, fast turn around and he is on this forum daily. Unlike some engine modders, he is very easy to deal with and most important, he will communicate with you.

He has a thread going here and his Screen Name is Mr. Twister.

http://protwistermods.com/
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Mark at powerhouseperformance.com has been my new best friend. He turbo modded a tuned GRP .21 for me and before he did the work I talked to him on the phone and told him how I wanted the engine to run and where I wanted it to be strong. He did exactly what I asked for increase the low end and have a strong mid range. This is my fav engine. I also purchased a race mod GRP from powerhouse at 260.00 NIB how could I go wrong. This engine is a great little engine too. I like the personal care I get with Mark hes the guy on the phone and hes the guy doing the mod. Mark can work on any engine out there and dial it in just as you request. I send all my engines to Mark now he's the man. Also check out the powerhouse thread
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So many choices. . .I would say you should see what racers have in your area. See how they feel about the motor modifier, and also here on the site you can do some research. Hard to say, especially when you consider you're sending your motor away to someone that once they make a cut, grind, etc it will never be the same for better or worse. Good luck.
HB D8T with BCE Chassis, ACE Shock towers and motor mounts, M2C Rear Suspension system, KH front steering plate and chassis braces, Lunsford Ti-turnbuckles & hinge pins, OS Speed motor, Hitec 5995TG steering, Futaba 9351 throttle/brake, OS 2060 pipe, and J concepts Punisher Body.
HB D8: CEO Mods Novarossi P5K with JP4 tuned pipe, JR 9000T steering, JR 8800T throttle.
gotspeed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercerc8 View Post
so i got a rb s5 and a nova p5xs and i really want to get both of them modded. i've never had a modded engine before. is there a big difference? runtimes,power,life etc? anyways please give me some input. thx guys!
If you are looking for huge gains in preformance it's not gonna happen. You can get modest gains in power, fuel consumption, and tunability. Engine life should not really change much. Then again it depends on who is doing the work. The engines you want to start with are pretty good already. The engines will run better no doubt but don't expect to much.

Since you are asking the question, I have to question whether your tuning and trouble shooting skills are up to it. What are you looking to improve over the stock engines preformance? How much experience do you have racing and tuning 1/8 scale?
John Schafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

rbmods is one of the best in the biz ........ hands down

he makes some stupid fast engines !!!

and rick will talk to ya when he has the time

the few things i do to engines makes the best results with least effect on engine longevity , remember you need to have a useable powerband in your engine
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

www.powerhousercperformance.com
www.protwistermods.com

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Before you make a decision, you need to talk to Mark with PowerHouse. I have 4 engines that Mark has done for me - two were new and two were used - and I am pleased with all of them. Like Frank says above, Mark will talk to you and get an idea of what you are looking for and mod the engine in such as way as to give you what you asked for. I don't know about you, but I say you have to really know what you are doing to be able to custom mod an engine, as opposed to doing the same thing to every engine and hoping that it meets some of your customers' needs. Give him a call, you'll be a customer for life.

Check out his links in my signature. Find one negative post in his rc tech thread - I bet you can't. That alone speaks volumes for his work and customer service.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
Pro Twister Mods....Brian does great work, fast turn around and he is on this forum daily. Unlike some engine modders, he is very easy to deal with and most important, he will communicate with you.

He has a thread going here and his Screen Name is Mr. Twister.

http://protwistermods.com/
+1 you will not find better customer service anywhere else.. he has answered phone calls while on family vaction .....while eating dinner..lunch break..and yes it doesnt matter who you are......look on all the help threads mugen46/Mr twister has helped alot of racers who dont even have a PTM motor!
RCP Customs
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:01 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner4life View Post
Can people please look around for a little before posting?
Nope, why should they, it is an open forum, people can discuss or ask what ever question they like!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 02:07 AM   #14
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08 View Post
Nope, why should they, it is an open forum, people can discuss or ask what ever question they like!!!

where can i send my engines to get modded ???? LOL
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:12 AM   #15
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

where can i send my engines to get modded ???? LOL
Send them to me I can mod them for you, what would you like out of your engine.