Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My opinion on Losi vs Mugen

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default My opinion on Losi vs Mugen

I'm not looking to start a flamme war between mugen and Losi fans, i'm just giving my opinion and i hope to help anyone looking to get either of these cars.
Here's my story, i got a 2.0 in december unfortunately after a couple of practice sessions I broke my front shock tower in an unfortunate encounter with another car... head on...
anyway i had some cash and decided to get an MBX6.
After a couple of test sessions and one race i have to admit i'm gald i didn't sell my 2.0.

don't get me wrong both cars have strong points but the losis pros suit my style of driving better.
The 2.0 felt like it was directly conected to my fingers in every sense of the word while the mugen felt like it was ridding on a cloud the streering felt detached and everything just happened with a bit of a delay (the same radio equipement was used on both cars)
one area where the mugen litteraly kicked the Losi's a** is in the stability department i could drive the car like a madman and it would never get upset, I found myself accelerating full throttle in areas where the losi would just get kicked around and spin out incontrolably.

Driving the mugen agressively allowed me to run comparable laptimes to the Losi unfortunantely I don't feel comfortable driving like this and after one year with The 1.0 and a couple of months with the 2.0 i'm convinced the Eight is the car for me not to mention my runtimes with the Mbx6 droped significantly and i had a much harder time clearing the tripple that i could easily pass with the 2.0 while holding the inside line...

well that's my honest opinion on both cars hope you guys appreciate.
Peace.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

that why they make diff cars... they fell different.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

fell= feel
Old 03-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

not really necessary to make ur own thread... you could've jus wrote this in Microsoft Word and copy and pasted it to all 10 of the "Which Car" threads that appear each day...
Old 03-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the compairison.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Some say Losi's handle loosely, I actually prefer that. I find it more fun to drive and I like cars that feel like they are always on the edge of traction. I'm not all about faster lap times, I prefer to have fun. A loose car gives me that fun feeling that I do this for. I sold my MBX6 before I ever even drove it, now I just drive a Losi 8ight-E and 8ight-T which suit my driving style perfectly.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I like my cars a bit loose too, it's the Losi's inconsistency that made me switch. Well, that and about the million durability issues they have........
Old 03-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

IMO, the Losi is still crappy compared to the Mugen quality-wise, no matter how much they pay or promote in the US. Keep buying HD and "Smart" parts if you want to. Simply put, its a U.S. company ready to throw out there anything people are wiling to buy. IMO, it should sell for no more than $350 based on parts and materials used.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ezveedub
IMO, the Losi is still crappy compared to the Mugen quality-wise, no matter how much they pay or promote in the US. Keep buying HD and "Smart" parts if you want to. Simply put, its a U.S. company ready to throw out there anything people are wiling to buy. IMO, it should sell for no more than $350 based on parts and materials used.
I drive Losi's and I agree with you. I like them because they are simple and drive quite well. I disagree with the durability statement, they can take a beating with the rest of them out there. I don't like the slop the arms and other suspension components get, but honestly it doesn't seem to affect their handling too much. From a sheer parts availability and popularity aspect running a Losi around here is a win because there is a lot of experience in the paddock and parts are easy to come by.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

I drove a MBX5T for awhile and I am now running a Losi 8ight-T. Haven't hit the track with the Losi yet (damn rain!) but just driving it around the lot I can tell a big handling difference that is more to my liking. The other thing that caused me to switch, as rearview has mentioned, is parts support and kit knowledge. Our home track has almost everyone driving either Losi or Associated and the shops hardly carry any Mugen stuff.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

so what the mugen for 351$
Old 03-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I look forward to your Avatar Changes Veedub
Old 03-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So your saying the MP9 is worth $750?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
so what the mugen for 351$
Actually, look aorund. You'll find some good used ones for about that, LOL!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
So your saying the MP9 is worth $750?
Nope. Priced too high. Quite a few people have paid far less than that for an MP9 new. Its would be the same arguement if you compared say a Corvette to a Ferrari. One is way more price-wise, but both can get the same results performance wise.

Last edited by ezveedub; 03-29-2009 at 09:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.