R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #76
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
It's really not an expensive hobby at all. Ever priced a mountain bike (2K$), or a fishing boat (1K to 100K$ + 1K to 100K$ for beer +50-100K$ for divorce settlement), or a uranium enrichment centerfuge, or a motocross bike (6K$). Pricey hobbies indeed.

Not to mention the hospital bills involved with those hobbies.

Alot of people spending big $ in RC are doing it because thier previous hobby was insane expensive.

1/8th can be done on a fair budget. By quality and buy once. Especially servos, chargers, radios. those can last for many race seasons.

You don't really have to spend alot on race engines. Most tracks don't require much power. Seems the really fast guys have their engines toned down alot so they can get on the power sooner, smoother, and with less fishtailing/wheelspin.

Engines like the Rb Hobby9, RB Junior9, Nova N21bl, are plenty for most buggies in club race conditions.
When do you end up in hospital after fishing!!! come on, tell us the story!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
It's really not an expensive hobby at all. Ever priced a mountain bike (2K$), or a fishing boat (1K to 100K$ + 1K to 100K$ for beer +50-100K$ for divorce settlement), or a uranium enrichment centerfuge, or a motocross bike (6K$). Pricey hobbies indeed.

Not to mention the hospital bills involved with those hobbies.

Alot of people spending big $ in RC are doing it because thier previous hobby was insane expensive.

1/8th can be done on a fair budget. By quality and buy once. Especially servos, chargers, radios. those can last for many race seasons.

You don't really have to spend alot on race engines. Most tracks don't require much power. Seems the really fast guys have their engines toned down alot so they can get on the power sooner, smoother, and with less fishtailing/wheelspin.

Engines like the Rb Hobby9, RB Junior9, Nova N21bl, are plenty for most buggies in club race conditions.
Just wanted too add my too sense I've been in the hobby for about a year 1/8 scale but when I was young I enjoyed building and tinkering so I bought a grasshopper and then a hornet years passed and i was looking too get back in the hobby but also enjoy buying items off individuals at a very good price. I did my research and ended up buying a used 8T 2.0 kit for about 6 hundred buck but it was a RTR so I broken it down and sold all the items which I had not interest final price for the roller was 275.00 but it had a gallon (almost New) saved the 7955TG and BLS throttle off the purchase.Then I bought a OS world II with a 2060 pipe combo (was a gamble turned our too be almost new great pinch) deal for 300 hundred shipped which was the money I saved off the prior sale. The a bought a new OS .28xz for 200 bucks off a guy in Canada US dollar is more. I started small and moved up buy selling and upgrading over the last year and now my kit sports all the quality equipment>> not necessary its a addiction including a 3PK with a fast system for 165 shipped sold my PM for 140 craigslist thats 20 buck for this upgrade. All these deals have been off ebay and craiglist but I'm on it three times a day picking up things right away. The moral of the story is start with what you can afford and move up as you progress If you spend a tad time searching and buying you can build yourself a kit for a great discount which makes this hobby very affordable.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree that the Losi 2.0 feels incredibly connected to you. The slightest steering input and the car will respond instantly and intensely.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-E View Post
When do you end up in hospital after fishing!!! come on, tell us the story!!!
Fishing is boring without halucinagenic drugs. So I jumped overboard and swam closer to shore. Was just snorkiling, and found some little sharks to play with. Was even able to pet one. Kinda like sandpaper leather feeling As I was fooling around with those a weird fish swam up and bit me! I kicked a rock trying to get away from a flock of killer bluegills. Cut foot on rock=nasty infection.

Who would have thought that Saterwater fishys the size and look of a bluegill only silver with a yellow and black stripe could get me medical time.

Should have seen the look on the nurses face: " I was playing with sharks, they didn't seem to mind, when some weird fisheys chased me into some sharp rocks."

Would have been cheaper by far to spend the whole weekend racing.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #80
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Fishing is boring without halucinagenic drugs. So I jumped overboard and swam closer to shore. Was just snorkiling, and found some little sharks to play with. Was even able to pet one. Kinda like sandpaper leather feeling As I was fooling around with those a weird fish swam up and bit me! I kicked a rock trying to get away from a flock of killer bluegills. Cut foot on rock=nasty infection.

Who would have thought that Saterwater fishys the size and look of a bluegill only silver with a yellow and black stripe could get me medical time.

Should have seen the look on the nurses face: " I was playing with sharks, they didn't seem to mind, when some weird fisheys chased me into some sharp rocks."

Would have been cheaper by far to spend the whole weekend racing.

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote