Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTX-27 motor issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RTX-27 motor issue

I have two buddies that both recently bought the duratrax rtx-27 off tower. They both broke them in at different times by themselves yet both came up with the same porblem. They won't run worth a crap until they get the temps over 300 degrees, then they start shifting and running like they should And thats with the bodies off. Its only been 70 degrees tops around here right now and i'm fresh out of ideas. Tried new glow plugs, returning to factory settings and keep getting the same outcome. Could it jus be that thats how they run? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i bought the same truck about a month ago i had the same problem i still dont think it got broken in right the temps were as high as350 i took the motor out and sealed the carb and backplate. the backplate bolts were very loose when i tried the motor im now getting temps at about 280 with the body on. i also cut the rear window out and a hole in the front window. the truck has been putting out pretty good power now but i think i going to put a new motor in it . i was going to race this truck but i might just buy something else now
Old 03-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Unfortunately the people that make that engine mainly make airplane engines. As a result they are designed to be cooled by moving ALOT of air over them. I had the warhead with the same engine and it got scary hot! My advice is tell them to dump those heaps as soon as possible. They are nothing but heartache that will empty your pocket and all you will have to show for it is frustration. Plus they are a BITCH to work on. Sorry but it's the truth.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default rtx-27

i just bought one because there so cheap but the motor would get to hot and the quick start broke, so i sent it back but im trying to find a different motor but not having any luck. i think the roller is pretty good but the motors are junk.can anyone tell me the motor that will fit in it.