Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
how often to change bearings for buggy engine? >

how often to change bearings for buggy engine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how often to change bearings for buggy engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default how often to change bearings for buggy engine?

hi all,

recently heard from friend that periodically change engine bearing can longer the engine life. Can anyone tell me how much run time(how many gallons of nitro) i should change my engine bearings?

thanks

Mira
Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mira5489
hi all,

recently heard from friend that periodically change engine bearing can longer the engine life. Can anyone tell me how much run time(how many gallons of nitro) i should change my engine bearings?

thanks

Mira

There is no set amount of run time, or gallons of fuel..It all depends on what fuel you run, if you use ARO how well you store your engine, how you broke it in, if you start it cold, etc, etc..The only real way to know when and if they need changing is to tear it down and check em..you will see/hear if they need to be trash
Old 03-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mira5489
hi all,

thanks

Mira
you can hear the rear main when it is going out , it will sound like its rattling when it is idling . when you grab the cooling head it will stop . change them soon . byrons fuel is great for bearing longevity . i recommend rbmods full synthetic after run oil . it is the best