Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MT2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default MT2 questions

I just bought an HPI MT2 3.0. It is my first nitro car. I had it for two days and lost comm(runaway) which lead to the left front lower arm breaking off and the tire flying off. The day before it broke I spent about $150 on fuel, a good glow plug ignitor, glow plugs, and a few other misc items. Since it broke I have purchased new arms and the bulk(plastic replacements), a 6v HPI hump pack, and a Futaba mini failsafe. All that was only about $50. So right now I have about $600 in something I only got to mess with for 2 days... I dont want that to happen again.

Im wondering if anyone sells aluminum steering/suspension kits. I really just dont feel like buying everything seperate.

Does anyone make a larger fuel tank? 100cc's sure does go fast haha.

Could anyone recommend any other upgrades or parts in general to get?

Thanks,
Wade
Old 03-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

I really wouldn't go alum, parts are expensive and they can bend just as easily as the plastic ones break. Look at RPM's products. They make some really tough suspension parts and such. Also you need to invest in a failsafe so you don't have the runaway problem. The OFNA one is small, cheap and easily found.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I already ordered a Futaba failsafe(in original post).

RPM didnt have anything for the MT2. Anyone else have any suggestions for durable steering and suspension parts and where to buy them?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

That was my first nitro car as well. I dumped so much money into that thing. I finally gave up and it's now on a shelf.