R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #91
Tech Elite

Do you save your speeds for big races or do you club race with them?

I've seen a few guys now running Speeds at club races on a very slippery track. On a slippery, dusty track, with only 1 stop-15 minute mains, wouldn't it make sense to run a RB Junior 9 or similar?

$450-500 to go clubbing for 10 gallons seems like a waste? I draw the line at $350, but if a Speed could really give me ahuge advantage at big races..... That really isn't the case though. Its really not any better than a +4 or Jx21 or WS9?

The speed IMO is what the Vspec should be, but I guess thats where the Ninja comes in?
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #92
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad91 View Post
my speed has about 4 gallons through it and when cold has good pinch but when it warms up it loses most of it ,makes me worry a little about life expectancy but runs good and cool
You do not need pinch to run, only compression, mechanical pinch will only slow your engine down... if has good compression when warm then it is good, if it still has pinch then it is still not run in.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #93
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Do you save your speeds for big races or do you club race with them?

I've seen a few guys now running Speeds at club races on a very slippery track. On a slippery, dusty track, with only 1 stop-15 minute mains, wouldn't it make sense to run a RB Junior 9 or similar?

$450-500 to go clubbing for 10 gallons seems like a waste? I draw the line at $350, but if a Speed could really give me ahuge advantage at big races..... That really isn't the case though. Its really not any better than a +4 or Jx21 or WS9?

The speed IMO is what the Vspec should be, but I guess thats where the Ninja comes in?
The os speed is the ultimate race engine. It balances mileage with top end and tons of bottom end. All that plus the super ohh so smooth powerband that only a speed can deliver. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. Will owning a speed alone make you win more prob not, but if you want the latest and greatest tech packaged into one he'll of an engine then the speed is for you. I was at a 2 day harvest fest this weekend and my pit guy said it best. My buggy is crazy fast. Only a speed will give you crazy fast.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #94
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

whats the difference between the 21J and 21JS carb's I know ones for the world II Im talking about performance / parts.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #95
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
whats the difference between the 21J and 21JS carb's I know ones for the world II Im talking about performance / parts.
I think it might just be where the idle screw is one is below the carb (older version) and the other is above the carb, for easier adjustment.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #96
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
The os speed is the ultimate race engine. It balances mileage with top end and tons of bottom end. All that plus the super ohh so smooth powerband that only a speed can deliver. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. Will owning a speed alone make you win more prob not, but if you want the latest and greatest tech packaged into one he'll of an engine then the speed is for you. I was at a 2 day harvest fest this weekend and my pit guy said it best. My buggy is crazy fast. Only a speed will give you crazy fast.
This is one of the funiest post I have ever read, OS should use it as an add for their engine!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #97
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
The only difference I know of is the aluminum carb insert. Other than that the two carbs are exactly the same. They both have the updated idle location and use the same carb body. I think the S is just to indicate it is for the speed engine. Even the body on the 21JS just has 21J molded into it. So yeah, there is no difference.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #98
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Thanks everyone