Wiki Posts
Search

carberator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Smile carberator?

hi i have a ofna force .28 and i rebuilt it with a new piston and sleave but when i whent to rebuild the carb it whent ok and put it together but now the father in the idle screw the harder it is to open the throttle and if it is far enough in it gets stuck i need serious help thanks.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the slide lined up properly. There is a slot the idle speed screw is suposed to ride in. If you forced anything you may have caused some dammage. best to pull the slide out and inspect it for scratches and burrs.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

the slide does spin in there.also why is it hard to start and blows gas out the carb it has great compesion so im lost does someone have a baseline on the needle setings?

Last edited by rc 18t; 03-29-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

The slide should not spin in the carb body.

If you get the slide lined up properly and set the idle gap. Also have the needles reset to factory break-in settings. you'll need to rebreak-in the engine. Sometimes the engines do start hard when fresh and tight. Are you sure you have the piston and sleeve installed corectly?

Spitting small ammounts of fuel up out of the carb is normal for some engines at idle. It's because of the crank port timing. If it's spitting lots of fuel out of the carb I would look to see if the piston and sleeve are installed properly and that the engine is rotating the correct direction.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks. The idle screw was out of the slot. I got that fixed and it slides nicely. The sleeve was installed and there is a notch that must line up with the sleeve in order for the sleeve to be seated. So I know the sleeve is in properly. I am useing the same starter as I always have had. I had the engine running last night, however it seemed to blow alot of raw fuel out of the pipe. I went to the Ofna website to find the proper settings, but they show a different carb. Does 3.5 to 4 turns out on the HSN sound correct. Also the LSN is flush with the casing. Does this sound correct. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

I though you were saying it was blowing fuel out of the carb.

If you have lots of fuel or oil coming out of the pipe, that is a sign that things are looking good. A very rich setting will cause this and for break-in it's a good thing. Just continue with break-in and as you start leaning out the carb you'll get less mess coming from the pipe.