Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
5 cell battery hump pack high MAH >

5 cell battery hump pack high MAH

5 cell battery hump pack high MAH

Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 5 cell battery hump pack high MAH

Where can I find 5 cell hump pack with high rated MAH.

It seems the most common one is at 1,600 mah. The only thing I could find is the ones from venom but it is for the baja. Dont think it will fit in my losi 8 b or will it. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/30550

I did see the stickman but I dont want to mess with the radio tray for fit.

Do I really need something higher than 1,600. I just picked up a higher end servo and I understand that it will drain the power much faster than the 1,100one that I have right now.

Thanks everyone
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This is the problem we all face. With the newer servos, they draw alot more power than the older ones. Thus the receiver battery goes down so much faster. The larger micro C cells max capacity I've seen is 1600nimh from ofna. Reedy, orion and a few others make some 1500nimh packs. The ones like from stickman you mention are from AA style batteries. I've seen them as high as 2500 nimh. I've run a set of 2000's in my truck, and haven't really had a problem with capacity, but sometimes I think the draw is too much for the pack. I've picked up a few 1500 nimh packs, but haven't really had a chance to test run time in my trucks yet. But I've also thought about either picking up the AA battery packs or a switch to Lipo. The only thing about lipos is the need for a regulator and the failure rates of the regulators. For the modifications to your losi, all you would need is to trim the foam right?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gotspeed_2000
This is the problem we all face. With the newer servos, they draw alot more power than the older ones. Thus the receiver battery goes down so much faster. The larger micro C cells max capacity I've seen is 1600nimh from ofna. Reedy, orion and a few others make some 1500nimh packs. The ones like from stickman you mention are from AA style batteries. I've seen them as high as 2500 nimh. I've run a set of 2000's in my truck, and haven't really had a problem with capacity, but sometimes I think the draw is too much for the pack. I've picked up a few 1500 nimh packs, but haven't really had a chance to test run time in my trucks yet. But I've also thought about either picking up the AA battery packs or a switch to Lipo. The only thing about lipos is the need for a regulator and the failure rates of the regulators. For the modifications to your losi, all you would need is to trim the foam right?
It is suposed to be just the foam but based on the reviews its still a really tight fit and people are breaking the lids and putting holes into the bottom of the radio tray due to fit. Plus with such a tight fit any little bump or small crash and the lid is going fly off from the strain. Just not worth the extra headache.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
It is suposed to be just the foam but based on the reviews its still a really tight fit and people are breaking the lids and putting holes into the bottom of the radio tray due to fit. Plus with such a tight fit any little bump or small crash and the lid is going fly off from the strain. Just not worth the extra headache.
I have been running the stickman 2500 pack in my Losi 2.0 and all I had to do was remove the foam and the pack fits nice and snug inside the box. I didnt have to force anything or mod nothing. Its just a nice tight fit and NO HEADACHES. I use one pack all day without having to recharge. 3 5min quals. and 30+ main.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just get a lipo and don't even worry about charging at the track.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have been running the AA packs in my losi's for almost 2 years with great success. I have used the stickman and ballistic versions designed for the losi. Both are great. You can't beat the stickman for it's price. I run all day with these batteries running 2 good digital servos and a transponder without one single problem the whole time I have used them. I just charge it up the night before I go racing and they have never let me down. They are a pretty snug fit into the losi box, but all you have to do is remove the foam and make sure all of the connections/wires are outside of the battery box.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Stickman 2500's

Stickman here. There are 2 issues here. The sub A cells are pretty much maxxed out at 1600mAh. Their size just limits them to that capacity. I make packs using the 1600 sub A cell now and they are matched and hand soldered so they are the best you can get for their capacity and size.
The lipo's are great and I am working toward getting a lipo receiver pack to offer. They do require regulators however unless you convert your servo's to the newer higher voltage ones available. You will need a bit of cash to do all that however.
The 2500's AA packs were designed to remedy the capacity issue of running long races with high torque servos. They are larger and that presents a problem. The losi pack was specifically designed for that car and it is a very tight fit I admit. I know many people who swear by it however and once you get it in your car you need not worry about it again. It will last you all day unless you have some crazy high drain servo's and race 10 tanks of practice then run the C, B, and A mains. Truggy's tend to be the only vehicle that can drain a pack in one afternoon of racing. The other style of 2500 I offer will fit many 1/8 vehicles. The specs on these batteries including their size and weight can be found on my website. www.stickmanrc.com
I am willing to answer any questions you may have as well. Just drop me a line from the website contact page.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If you're not running Lipo, run Stickman
Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Try the stickman 2500mah. I've run them in my Mugen MBX5T, RC8T, and now my Z01-T. They come in three different configurations. You can get the stick pack, 3/2(three bottom/two top) or the 2/2/1. It will run all race day and have a lot charge left. The customer service is excellent. If something happens to your battery, the guy will send new battery out the same day before he even receives the defected item. I live in Austin, TX and I have received my replacements in two days.

Last edited by jaywax; 03-27-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Stickman 2500's are badass!!

I ran the same battery ALL year last year.....several 1hr mains with juice left over to play after the race.

And it was used when I got it!!

Plus he's a cool guy.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Wow nothing but fans with Stickman...... Im in. Gonna order one!!!!!!!

Anyone who takes time to reply to a forum and is in buisness for themself has to be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

do any of the stickman packs fit in the D8?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
do any of the stickman packs fit in the D8?
yes..He makes a stick pack, and a hump pack that are just like what ever you are using now, just better quality, and longer run times..Stickman packs can be found on A-main here are two links to the most popular ones:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/34173

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/34174
Old 03-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

plus one on stickman, nice work
Old 03-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Stickman,
I was wondering if the AA battery packs are able to handle the same amount of draw that a standard style pack can? I'm seriously looking into changing out my older AA pack to your packs that are sold on amain. Also, do you precycle the cells in the pack or would I have to do that on my own? Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.