R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile AA pack

Stickman here. The AA packs can handle any current draw that a receiver and a couple of servo's can throw their way. As for motors in electric vehicles that is where they show a weakness. I experimented with AA's in a Mini-T and they get a little warm and don't last as long as the 2/3 A packs.
I recommend charging all my AA packs at 1A. This enables them to charge fully without building up heat. If you charge them at at higher rate they heat up and will peak out sooner. They will also not last as long.

The D8 is one of those cars that can't handle the size of the 2500's and with its separate battery box its tough to make alterations to fit it. The 1600 hump pack is the answer I have for it. It will run over an hour with normal servo's. If anybody has fit a 2500 in their D8 I would love to see how it was done.

Thanks for the kind words as well. I love to race as much as anyone on here and I know this is one of the best ways to get information from other racers.
Stickman!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ofna makes a 1700 mak hump pack.

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman!! View Post
Stickman here. The AA packs can handle any current draw that a receiver and a couple of servo's can throw their way. As for motors in electric vehicles that is where they show a weakness. I experimented with AA's in a Mini-T and they get a little warm and don't last as long as the 2/3 A packs.
I recommend charging all my AA packs at 1A. This enables them to charge fully without building up heat. If you charge them at at higher rate they heat up and will peak out sooner. They will also not last as long.

The D8 is one of those cars that can't handle the size of the 2500's and with its separate battery box its tough to make alterations to fit it. The 1600 hump pack is the answer I have for it. It will run over an hour with normal servo's. If anybody has fit a 2500 in their D8 I would love to see how it was done.

Thanks for the kind words as well. I love to race as much as anyone on here and I know this is one of the best ways to get information from other racers.
Stickman,
thanks for the heads up, and also for noticing my signature. I actually was thinking of getting aa packs for all my vehicles including replacing the ones in my LSP, ST-RR, and my Kyosho core conversion. You've saved me a bit by thinking of it before I bought. I should be ordering it sometime early in april so I'll be set for the rest of the season. I will see if the aa pack can fit, but since you've tried it I'm pretty sure I wont be able to fit one either.
Thanks for the info.
HB D8T with BCE Chassis, ACE Shock towers and motor mounts, M2C Rear Suspension system, KH front steering plate and chassis braces, Lunsford Ti-turnbuckles & hinge pins, OS Speed motor, Hitec 5995TG steering, Futaba 9351 throttle/brake, OS 2060 pipe, and J concepts Punisher Body.
HB D8: CEO Mods Novarossi P5K with JP4 tuned pipe, JR 9000T steering, JR 8800T throttle.
gotspeed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman!! View Post

yeah, its an awkward layout. thanks for the response. next pack i get will be one of yours.
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote