Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC ANTENNA

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RC ANTENNA

I SEE GUY'S WITH SHORT ANTENNA'S AND IT LOOKS GOOD LIKE TO DO IT ALSO BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DOING ARE THEY JUST CUTTING IT OR SOMEONE IS SELLING THEM DOES IT SHORTEN YOUR DISTANCE OF CONTROL
Old 03-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The short antenna is due to drivers running 2.4 ghz radio systems, the 2.4 systems come with a very short antenna as it is all they need. Under no circumstances should you ever cut a radio antenna, it will damage the frequency that the radio operates on and severely damage reception.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

thxs do you now were i can get one of those short ste ups since i cant cut it
Old 03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have the spektrum DX3r and the manual says do not cut the antenna because it has a coaxial end on it. But the specktrum dx2 manual says you can cut that antenna to 2-3 inches as the manual says . Please read the manufactures recomended lengths before cutting.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by laser_cart
thxs do you now were i can get one of those short ste ups since i cant cut it
Look for 2.4ghz radios. On the cheap end, there is the Spektrum dx2.0 and airtronics 2.4ghz (forgot the name). I wouldnt go to 2.4ghz soley because of the short antenna though.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if you are still running crystals you can take a piece of lexan about 2-3 inches wide and about 5 inches long and wrap your reciever antenna around it. (this will give you that nice internal antenna) for added "safekeeping" cut small notches in the lexan to kep you antenna wire seated in the lexan.
MAKE SURE YOUR ANTENNA WIRE DOES NOT CROSS ITSELF ANYWHERE!!!
(it will contribute to glitching) then just bend a small tab at the bottom of the lexan and double side tape it to the chassis or whatever you need to.

they sell the lexan cut with notches already in it but its easier to do your self and costs about 20x less.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by jaredmausteller
if you are still running crystals you can take a piece of lexan about 2-3 inches wide and about 5 inches long and wrap your reciever antenna around it. (this will give you that nice internal antenna) for added "safekeeping" cut small notches in the lexan to kep you antenna wire seated in the lexan.
MAKE SURE YOUR ANTENNA WIRE DOES NOT CROSS ITSELF ANYWHERE!!!
(it will contribute to glitching) then just bend a small tab at the bottom of the lexan and double side tape it to the chassis or whatever you need to.

they sell the lexan cut with notches already in it but its easier to do your self and costs about 20x less.
Thank's never thought of that and i already have lexan but you said something that got my attention if i still run crystals how do i run without them
Old 03-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you have to buy a complete 2.4 dsm radio and receiver system to run without crystals