R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #31
Tech Master

Go for it.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #32
Tech Rookie

Default What about O'Donnells?

Hey Im thinking about getting an O'Donnell Z01-B, to go with my new Picco P7 Evo 3. Any thoughts on this buggy? Is it a good racer? Does it last long? Etc..
5Toesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Toesss View Post
Hey Im thinking about getting an O'Donnell Z01-B, to go with my new Picco P7 Evo 3. Any thoughts on this buggy? Is it a good racer? Does it last long? Etc..
As far as I know the O'Donnell buggy does not wear out at all.
It sounds like an amazing buggy. I myself am extremely interested in trying one. Maybe Robert Hull will let me try it.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Toesss View Post
The o'donnell buggy is a fantastic buggy. I personally know levi jackson one of odonnells top drivers and all i can say from watching him drive is wow. the car is super durable and the fit and finish are simply amazing. It will last extremely long, and is a great racer. Only thing really to consider is parts support, not like you will need it though, but it is always nice to have. Basically the odonnell is like a d8 but better quality. Handling is very similar.
xpertpredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertpredator View Post
The o'donnell buggy is a fantastic buggy. I personally know levi jackson one of odonnells top drivers and all i can say from watching him drive is wow. the car is super durable and the fit and finish are simply amazing. It will last extremely long, and is a great racer. Only thing really to consider is parts support, not like you will need it though, but it is always nice to have. Basically the odonnell is like a d8 but better quality. Handling is very similar.
Handling like a D8 you say. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Old 03-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D. View Post
Handling like a D8 you say. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
yah it is very similar. easy to drive and it seems to rotate through corners a bit better. I am talking about the new odonnell not the old one.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #37
Tech Master

Quote:
yah it is very similar. easy to drive and it seems to rotate through corners a bit better. I am talking about the new odonnell not the old one.
TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY!? That is the question.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Quote:
TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY!? That is the question.
Lol, if my problems with my d8 are gone for good (will find out this weekend) I won't get one, but otherwise I have been considering making the swap to the odonnell car as well. The quality just gleames, and is soo much better than the d8. Don't get me wrong the d8 is awesome, but I am spending more and more time working on the car rather than driving, not to mention I am babying it around the track for fear of snapping a driveshaft and or stripping out a bulkhead.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Lol, if my problems with my d8 are gone for good (will find out this weekend) I won't get one, but otherwise I have been considering making the swap to the odonnell car as well. The quality just gleames, and is soo much better than the d8. Don't get me wrong the d8 is awesome, but I am spending more and more time working on the car rather than driving, not to mention I am babying it around the track for fear of snapping a driveshaft and or stripping out a bulkhead.
Did you do the evo hinge pin mod I told you about. I broke a shaft last week

Since I saw the O'Donnell buggy I wanted to get it, but I didn't have the money for it. Come to think of it I don't have the money now either.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Quote:
Did you do the evo hinge pin mod I told you about. I broke a shaft last week

Since I saw the O'Donnell buggy I wanted to get it, but I didn't have the money for it. Come to think of it I don't have the money now either.
not yet. I was also think about drilling and tapping the chassis right behind the block. I will probably end up doing that mod soon, just need to gather some money. I got my tax money but I am debating on whether to buy a race motor for JBRL or if i should build me a new computer lol. I have too many expensive hobbies. the O'donnell is awesome though.