R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #46
Tech Rookie

I noticed you are all waiting for Hitecs new high voltage servos when JR's are already out. The JR Z9100HVS and Z9100HVT are specifically made to run with unregulated 2s lipos @ 7.4 volts. They also have better specs then the Hitecs (faster response and higher torque). I think the Hitecs are great but I am just wondering why everybody is waiting when we already have JR high voltage servos availabe now. Any input will be great since a local hobby shop has the JR's on order and should be here by the end of the week. I am thinking of picking a set of the speed one for my throttle and the torque one for my steering, if you have any reasons for me to wait for the Hitec's please let me know.
superk636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #47
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk636 View Post
I noticed you are all waiting for Hitecs new high voltage servos when JR's are already out. The JR Z9100HVS and Z9100HVT are specifically made to run with unregulated 2s lipos @ 7.4 volts. They also have better specs then the Hitecs (faster response and higher torque). I think the Hitecs are great but I am just wondering why everybody is waiting when we already have JR high voltage servos availabe now. Any input will be great since a local hobby shop has the JR's on order and should be here by the end of the week. I am thinking of picking a set of the speed one for my throttle and the torque one for my steering, if you have any reasons for me to wait for the Hitec's please let me know.

Hitec's Ti gear set is BOMB proof....Not to mention i have NEVER EVER seen a Hitec top case fail...where as ive seen JR gears and Top cases fail...and Alum servo cases do not appeal to me very much....and not to mention they are 200$ a pop....where as the hitec's will probably be 150$

FWIW Hitec has officially released a statement saying that after significant testing they found ZERO ill effects to running the 7955 on strait lipo....so in reality there's already a lipo compatible servo on the market that will do the job just fine.....the 7950 seems a little overkill anyways.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk636 View Post
THE NEW HITEC ARE ALREADY OUT THERE BUB SO THEIR IS NO WAIT FOR THE HITECS NEW LINE BECAUSE AS I SAID I JUST BOUGHT BOTH ALREADY!!!
http://www.rcnutshobbies.com/search....to+Search.y=11

that Z9100HVT steering servo is .03 faster than the 7950 but .09 oz torque less and I am not about to pay $60 more that difference so that is not worth it....
Z9100HVS is .08 more torque than the 7940 and .01 faster and again not worth the extra $60 for that one either... I think IMO that the hitec will be selling better as $400 is another whole NEW truggy or buggy or MT.. Heck the price for the hitec are too but with that extra $120 I can buy new rims and tires or hop-ups or heck even a good hyperion charger.
Not trying o get into a heated discussion on this just stating the facts of why I bought the hitecs and as the other member just said the Jr's seem to fail alot more. JR does make good servos and have a perfect CS Dept but just the price and power of the hitecs seemed a lil more appealing!
jldjlaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #49
Tech Lord

the Hitec's are not out yett....dispite you forking over $$ to an online shop....all you did was back order it....and the fact that dont tell you is kinda shady imo....they are claiming June on Hitec's site.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 03-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjlaudio View Post
THE NEW HITEC ARE ALREADY OUT THERE BUB SO THEIR IS NO WAIT FOR THE HITECS NEW LINE BECAUSE AS I SAID I JUST BOUGHT BOTH ALREADY!!!
http://www.rcnutshobbies.com/search....to+Search.y=11

that Z9100HVT steering servo is .03 faster than the 7950 but .09 oz torque less and I am not about to pay $60 more that difference so that is not worth it....
Z9100HVS is .08 more torque than the 7940 and .01 faster and again not worth the extra $60 for that one either... I think IMO that the hitec will be selling better as $400 is another whole NEW truggy or buggy or MT.. Heck the price for the hitec are too but with that extra $120 I can buy new rims and tires or hop-ups or heck even a good hyperion charger.
Not trying o get into a heated discussion on this just stating the facts of why I bought the hitecs and as the other member just said the Jr's seem to fail alot more. JR does make good servos and have a perfect CS Dept but just the price and power of the hitecs seemed a lil more appealing!
Like Integra said, I really don't think they are out.

As for the specs the hitec 7950 is actually only .01 sec slower than the JR at the same voltage. At 7.4 volts the hitec speed drops down to .13 sec.

And as others have said the hitec servos are better quality at a cheaper price and they have to weigh less than the all aluminum JR cases. IMO the hitecs are just a much better value.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
the Hitec's are not out yett....dispite you forking over $$ to an online shop....all you did was back order it....and the fact that dont tell you is kinda shady imo....they are claiming June on Hitec's site.
that site actually says how many they have in stock so I dunno man I already plan on calling tomorrow to confirm for sure and then I'll update with the news. but I'll be super pissed if that is the case and they put em out there like that and I gotta wait over another month.
SKU: 37940S
Hitec HS-7940TG High Speed Ti Gear; Digital Dual BB
$ 134.89 1 $ 134.89
Sub-Total: $ 134.89
Tax: N/A
Shipping & Handling: $ 4.95
TOTAL: $ 139.84

Packaging Instructions
Shipping Info:
Priority Mail
Box 1: 7.00 x 7.00 x 6.00 1.00 lb.

Payment Information
Method: PayPal
Amount: $ 139.84

History Information
Date Comments Amount
22-Mar-2009 21:01:10 CDT - Ready to Process - Not Yet Completed by Customer
22-Mar-2009 21:02:06 CDT - Authorized: "Completed"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
7940tg on the way now too so I got em both... now the next million dollar question,, will my sr3000 spektrum receiver handle it? I mean handle the lipo without the regulator?
+1, the receiver should handle the voltage per specs from Spektrum. The only thing I'm not sure about is your transponder. What the operating voltage range is for the AMB's I'm not sure about.
HB D8T with BCE Chassis, ACE Shock towers and motor mounts, M2C Rear Suspension system, KH front steering plate and chassis braces, Lunsford Ti-turnbuckles & hinge pins, OS Speed motor, Hitec 5995TG steering, Futaba 9351 throttle/brake, OS 2060 pipe, and J concepts Punisher Body.
HB D8: CEO Mods Novarossi P5K with JP4 tuned pipe, JR 9000T steering, JR 8800T throttle.
gotspeed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #53
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotspeed_2000 View Post
+1, the receiver should handle the voltage per specs from Spektrum. The only thing I'm not sure about is your transponder. What the operating voltage range is for the AMB's I'm not sure about.

5-8V for the AMB....so i would only assume 8.4v wouldn't hurt anything...the knock off AMB's are rated up to 30v
Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #54
Tech Elite

hey integra I am now saying that the release date is not right as far as June as hitec says because this site here shows they will have them in their store March 31st http://www.clubhobbies.com/index.php...ucts_id=121372 .. So others may have them now I'm guessing! towerhobbies shows march, as well as a few others so we'll see.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #55
Tech Lord

Quote:
hey integra I am now saying that the release date is not right as far as June as hitec says because this site here shows they will have them in their store March 31st http://www.clubhobbies.com/index.php...ucts_id=121372 .. So others may have them now I'm guessing! towerhobbies shows march, as well as a few others so we'll see.

the MFG has the best guess on when its being released....NOT the online shops that decide to jump the gun and get guys like you on board....sorry but its true.

A-main Nor Carolina's have them listed yett...so that means they are NOT released yett...think of it...why would hitec send out stock to the tiny little online shops compared to their 1000+ order's from the BIG stores...it does not make seance.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:54 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
the MFG has the best guess on when its being released....NOT the online shops that decide to jump the gun and get guys like you on board....sorry but its true.

A-main Nor Carolina's have them listed yett...so that means they are NOT released yett...think of it...why would hitec send out stock to the tiny little online shops compared to their 1000+ order's from the BIG stores...it does not make seance.
yup looks like your right man. I just called BMI hobbies who runs that store and those servos ARE NOT IN STOCK YET and Mike the guy I talked to doesn't even know how they got put up for sale when they arent even in yet. He is going to talk to jessie the guy who owns BMI hobbies and see who screwed up and they are refunding my money. So I apologize for saying their in when their not.. their mistake.. Thanks Integra for giving me the low down on it all and thats what spurred me to call and finnd out.. 7955 here I go! Now is their another servo out that can handle stright lipos? 7.4volts
Old 03-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #57
Tech Lord

there are quote's from Hitec Tec's that claim they have done significant testing and found no Adverse effect's on the 7955 from running an unregulated 2 cell. ..so yes the 7955 can handle 8.4 no problems.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Just talked to hitec myself too and they said noone will have those servos until june.. so noone gets their hopes up like I did thinking you'll have those suckers next week if you order them today LOL... 7955tg's are what i am getting... Thanks integra for all your help.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #59
Tech Elite

jr 8711 will give you more that enough power and all the parts are easy to get
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

Last I checked, though, 7955TG's can be found for only $100 Canadian... I don't think I've seen a JR with more than 150oz of torque for that price
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote