R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Unhappy Sportwerks Chaos won't start

i have a sportwerks chaos that doesn't want to start anymore i don't know if anyone might be able to help me.especially since this is my first nitro buggy
it is broken in already with 6 tanks ran threw it and it doesn't want to start anymore.i changed the one way bearing and once done is when all the problems started. i also replaced the glow plug and still nothing. the speed needle and idle needle are where they need to be also.the glowplug ignitor is fully charged and still nothing.i broke it in with traxxas 20% fuel and when i try to start it, it just won't. now you can smell the fuel burning but won't just start.
any advice is well appreciated
thank you
nlbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlbum View Post
i have a sportwerks chaos that doesn't want to start anymore i don't know if anyone might be able to help me.especially since this is my first nitro buggy
it is broken in already with 6 tanks ran threw it and it doesn't want to start anymore.i changed the one way bearing and once done is when all the problems started. i also replaced the glow plug and still nothing. the speed needle and idle needle are where they need to be also.the glowplug ignitor is fully charged and still nothing.i broke it in with traxxas 20% fuel and when i try to start it, it just won't. now you can smell the fuel burning but won't just start.
any advice is well appreciated
thank you
probably have something stuck in the high needle inlet or the tank isn't sending fuel if you have new plug installed and a charged ignitor open up the high speed needle while turning over and see if you then get fuel . take off pressure line from pipe and outlet from tank to carb , blow into pressure line and see if fuel runs through the line .
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
probably have something stuck in the high needle inlet or the tank isn't sending fuel if you have new plug installed and a charged ignitor open up the high speed needle while turning over and see if you then get fuel . take off pressure line from pipe and outlet from tank to carb , blow into pressure line and see if fuel runs through the line .
its getting fuel i mean it even floods if you keep pulling the pullstart.i was told that it might be the fuel. that it is shimmed for 30% and not 20% which is what i'm using.do you think that it can be the fuel?
nlbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlbum View Post
its getting fuel i mean it even floods if you keep pulling the pullstart.i was told that it might be the fuel. that it is shimmed for 30% and not 20% which is what i'm using.do you think that it can be the fuel?
there are only three things fuel , compression and heat that make these engines run , heating element to start . if it was shimmed for 30% it would still run . you got something going on if you are saying that you have all this and it still wont start . you are wrong somewhere
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
there are only three things fuel , compression and heat that make these engines run , heating element to start . if it was shimmed for 30% it would still run . you got something going on if you are saying that you have all this and it still wont start . you are wrong somewhere
could it be something internal? because it has really good compression.the hobby store i took it to tried to start it also and they couldn't and couldn't tell me what it was they said that the chaos was to small and they had never worked or seen something like that.so the compression is good and like i said it smells like its burning the fuel but just won't start.
nlbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlbum View Post
could it be something internal? because it has really good compression.the hobby store i took it to tried to start it also and they couldn't and couldn't tell me what it was they said that the chaos was to small and they had never worked or seen something like that.so the compression is good and like i said it smells like its burning the fuel but just won't start.
what kind of engine is it ?

if it was something internal you would hear it or feel it
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
what kind of engine is it ?

if it was something internal you would hear it or feel it

it is the .05 engine on the spertworks chaos.and still no luck getting it started.
nlbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
scwrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,421
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

sounds like it is getting to much fuel.
Try to prime it then pull the fuel line off the carb and see if it wants to fire.
Just something to try....
__________________
hbracing.com tritonrc.com raceaka.com
scwrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
chaos, engine, problem, sportwerks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:59 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net