R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Sportwerks Chaos won't start (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/283774-sportwerks-chaos-wont-start.html)

nlbum 03-20-2009 07:58 PM

Sportwerks Chaos won't start

i have a sportwerks chaos that doesn't want to start anymore i don't know if anyone might be able to help me.especially since this is my first nitro buggy
it is broken in already with 6 tanks ran threw it and it doesn't want to start anymore.i changed the one way bearing and once done is when all the problems started. i also replaced the glow plug and still nothing. the speed needle and idle needle are where they need to be also.the glowplug ignitor is fully charged and still nothing.i broke it in with traxxas 20% fuel and when i try to start it, it just won't. now you can smell the fuel burning but won't just start.
any advice is well appreciated
thank you

houston 03-20-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by nlbum (Post 5576829)
i have a sportwerks chaos that doesn't want to start anymore i don't know if anyone might be able to help me.especially since this is my first nitro buggy
it is broken in already with 6 tanks ran threw it and it doesn't want to start anymore.i changed the one way bearing and once done is when all the problems started. i also replaced the glow plug and still nothing. the speed needle and idle needle are where they need to be also.the glowplug ignitor is fully charged and still nothing.i broke it in with traxxas 20% fuel and when i try to start it, it just won't. now you can smell the fuel burning but won't just start.
any advice is well appreciated
thank you

probably have something stuck in the high needle inlet or the tank isn't sending fuel if you have new plug installed and a charged ignitor ;) open up the high speed needle while turning over and see if you then get fuel . take off pressure line from pipe and outlet from tank to carb , blow into pressure line and see if fuel runs through the line .

nlbum 03-20-2009 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 5576859)
probably have something stuck in the high needle inlet or the tank isn't sending fuel if you have new plug installed and a charged ignitor ;) open up the high speed needle while turning over and see if you then get fuel . take off pressure line from pipe and outlet from tank to carb , blow into pressure line and see if fuel runs through the line .

its getting fuel i mean it even floods if you keep pulling the pullstart.i was told that it might be the fuel. that it is shimmed for 30% and not 20% which is what i'm using.do you think that it can be the fuel?

houston 03-20-2009 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by nlbum (Post 5576871)
its getting fuel i mean it even floods if you keep pulling the pullstart.i was told that it might be the fuel. that it is shimmed for 30% and not 20% which is what i'm using.do you think that it can be the fuel?

there are only three things fuel , compression and heat that make these engines run , heating element to start . if it was shimmed for 30% it would still run . you got something going on if you are saying that you have all this and it still wont start . you are wrong somewhere ;)

nlbum 03-20-2009 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 5576896)
there are only three things fuel , compression and heat that make these engines run , heating element to start . if it was shimmed for 30% it would still run . you got something going on if you are saying that you have all this and it still wont start . you are wrong somewhere ;)

could it be something internal? because it has really good compression.the hobby store i took it to tried to start it also and they couldn't and couldn't tell me what it was they said that the chaos was to small and they had never worked or seen something like that.so the compression is good and like i said it smells like its burning the fuel but just won't start.

houston 03-20-2009 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by nlbum (Post 5576933)
could it be something internal? because it has really good compression.the hobby store i took it to tried to start it also and they couldn't and couldn't tell me what it was they said that the chaos was to small and they had never worked or seen something like that.so the compression is good and like i said it smells like its burning the fuel but just won't start.

what kind of engine is it ?

if it was something internal you would hear it or feel it;)

nlbum 03-31-2009 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 5577420)
what kind of engine is it ?

if it was something internal you would hear it or feel it;)

it is the .05 engine on the spertworks chaos.and still no luck getting it started.

scwrod 03-31-2009 09:32 AM

sounds like it is getting to much fuel.
Try to prime it then pull the fuel line off the carb and see if it wants to fire.
Just something to try....