R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-20-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default slayer

I am looking at possibly getting a slayer, what are some thoughts on the truck. If anyone of you fellow rc,ers have one, please give me some feedback on the likes and dislikes, thanks.
cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Get the SC8

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Do you homework, I can't comment on the Slayer because I don't own one (don't you wish everyone would say that on here) but from my experience with the Slash I'm sure it's good fun. Depending on your skill level the Slayer might be good from a Traxxas customer service standpoint. Plus they have that engine replacement warranty, not sure of the details, but it might be worth looking into.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, the sc8 is out of my price range and I am not a serious racer, so I dont think the sc8 would be good choice for me. I like the slash but I want a nitro, and I like the realistic looks of the corr style trucks
cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
Well, the sc8 is out of my price range and I am not a serious racer, so I dont think the sc8 would be good choice for me. I like the slash but I want a nitro, and I like the realistic looks of the corr style trucks
I had a slayer before my sc8 and it was alright in a straight line (fast) but other than that it was a joke way to narrow and all it did was traction roll !!

I kept watching ebay and found a brand new never had fuel in it sc8 that was listed wrong instead of sc8 they had listed it sc 8 I got it for 450 shipped priority mail to my door So my .02 cents is save your money and go sc8 or find a used 1/8th scale and convert it to an Short course truck
dravengary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dravengary View Post
I had a slayer before my sc8 and it was alright in a straight line (fast) but other than that it was a joke way to narrow and all it did was traction roll !!

I kept watching ebay and found a brand new never had fuel in it sc8 that was listed wrong instead of sc8 they had listed it sc 8 I got it for 450 shipped priority mail to my door So my .02 cents is save your money and go sc8 or find a used 1/8th scale and convert it to an Short course truck

X2

all they do is roll over and over and they are Nothing like a SC8 as far as durability and performance goes....save up another couple weeks and get the SC8....you wont regret it...while the slayer i can almost guarantee you will regret it.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
X2

all they do is roll over and over and they are Nothing like a SC8 as far as durability and performance goes....save up another couple weeks and get the SC8....you wont regret it...while the slayer i can almost guarantee you will regret it.
+1

I was not happy with the slayer at all. I have the slash and it's great but the slayer...ugh. I had to get rid of it for money reasons last fall, but I'm not sorry it's gone. I was able to get an SC8 about 2 weeks ago and it is so much better.

Just like the others have said, save your money and get an SC8. You'll be much happier.
Joekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

if you want a 1/10 look at this one..
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/37128
helivaguy is offline   Reply With Quote