R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Florida has quite a few tracks. Plus the FSORS series which is going on now. If Avon Park ever really gets organized, that would be one of the biggest tracks around. Last time I checked, the truggies were running a second faster laptimes (track was rutted badly) and the fast lap times were 52-53 second laps, so its not small.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale1974 View Post
(oh, how is the Denver/Boulder area?)
Closest off-road track to Boulder is the Hobbytown in Longmont, CO, about 20 or so mins from Boulder. I have not been there in a while, but I've heard they are going to do some re-vamping on the outdoor track this summer, which is good for the guys that live up north. That HTown has been around for a while.

As far as Denver goes, the longest standing nitro-offroad track is Rat Raceway, just north of LoDo/Coors Field. They always have good technical layouts, covered pits and covered drivers stand, and a great central-Denver location. www.ratraceway.com

The other tracks in the area are R/C Hobbies in Littleton - website here - the track is small right now (no pics), but is about to go under the knife for some massive, positive, change. Should be a good time there this summer. The next closest are in Colorado Springs - Link Here - and Burlington, CO (on the KS border). Those 2, and Rat, are hosting the 6-race Colorado State R/C Pro Series this summer, starting May 9 in Burlington. RCTech Thread here.

I've heard there are more tracks in the works in CO, but nothing definite yet. Although we do have a pretty diverse selection right now, and 300 days of sunshine a year This helps too - Denver Tops List of Favorite Cities
Old 03-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Choice - So Cal or Colorado - - AZ ? ? Just to hot to live weeew

Here in Colorado we have a bunch of good tracks, that are now working together to bring on series. We have Rat - Downtown Denver, Fast Track - in the Springs, Burlington - in Burlington, Remote Control Hobbies - Littleton - which is getting a major overhaul right now. Hobbytown out north is opening, there is a small track for 10 scale - down townish AND TWO (2) free Ctiy owned tracks....... Race indoor electric at Mhor, That is the Metro area, there is a few more dont in Grand Junction...... Its not to hot here, we have good/sponsored drivers here tooooo. Plus we got very good ski/boarding here too.

or what lars said
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Default puerto rico

we @ puerto rico island have more than 15 tracks but landfill is the best here

puerto rico is part of usa you dont need passport to visit

check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSuOffgC5XI
alexzone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
No, the best known, most popular drivers race in SOCAL..the fastest drivers race in AZ...
umm more drivers in the worlds main came from socal than any other place
Old 03-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #36
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Hull View Post
umm more drivers in the worlds main came from socal than any other place

I'm only playin guys..Stop taking me so seriously
Old 03-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #37
Tech Adept

I never been outside the dfdub racing, racing is hot here also. but me and my boy are planning a trip to the nitro pit next spring. For 2 reasons, 1) From all the tracks I have seen and read about on the net, the pit takes the cake hands down. 2) Surprise Az. Tx Rangers spring training!!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #38
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Racing 1 View Post
I never been outside the dfdub racing, racing is hot here also. but me and my boy are planning a trip to the nitro pit next spring. For 2 reasons, 1) From all the tracks I have seen and read about on the net, the pit takes the cake hands down. 2) Surprise Az. Tx Rangers spring training!!!!
Woodchuck is coming out soon..he got an invite to crash at my pad..and race at my "PIT"
Old 03-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Quote:
Woodchuck is coming out soon..he got an invite to crash at my pad..and race at my "PIT"
Very nice, we gonna have both our wives and my 2 yr old daughter and Daves 2 boys!I'm getting excited about running on the pit baby!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #40
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Racing 1 View Post
Very nice, we gonna have both our wives and my 2 yr old daughter and Daves 2 boys!I'm getting excited about running on the pit baby!
Let me know when your coming! Always fun to meet new people and make new friends, plus I'm a Cowboys fan as you know.

Last edited by Jaz240; 03-20-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I live in Texas and while the racing is great I could definitely see myself in either SoCal or Arizona and being totally happy!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa View Post
I would have to say the East Coast (of course). I live in Norfolk Virginia and there are a ton of tracks within driving distance. There are 4 off road tracks within a couple hours, one indoor (carpet) track and plenty of places to rock climb. There is also plenty of tracks in North Carolina (The Farm II) and Maryland. We have a beach too!!! Plenty of active hobby shops and lots of great drivers. Plenty of events on the East Coast (Psycho Nitro Blast, Motorama...) The last race at RC Pro Racing (http://www.rcproracing.com) had over 80 sign-ups. The cost of living is relativity inexpensive (more cars/parts). I would love to go to SOCAL but I have yet to go there with my RCs.

@carcrazy That track is sweet. We have a nice backyard track here in Norfolk but that is just sick!!
That private track is a weekday spot for many pros out here in CA, such as Mike Truhe (National Champ), Kody King (Worlds A-main driver), Poh, Pierce, and more. Very few people are on the invite list for that track.

Post some pics of your Norfolk track..
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yes, Because they are to scared to race with Ryan Maifield, Billy Fischer, and Casey Peck every week..lol

I'm just playin..you know I have mad respect for you Butchy..but I witnesses my AZ boys take down your Cali boys at the Nitro Challenge..and Thanks to my boy Marcus.....everyone on RCTECH got to witness it also...
Ya, I guess it matters who's backyard your playin in. LOL! Our current national champ put the smack down on those AZ boys at Thunder Alley at last years Nationals. LOL! Like I said its all about where the big race is held. This year at the Nationals, some local Chicago IL racer will probably step up. I would place my bet with either the CA boys or AZ for the Nationals.
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
Let me know when your coming! Always fun to meet new people and make new friends, plus I'm a Cowboys fan as you know.

Will do Jaz! I'm a cowboys fan fo life, but man it's getting as hard to watch them as it has been watching the Rangers last 10 years!!!! This year should be better for both teams.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man! I sure wish I live in socal or arizona. Washington state needs more racing action
omarwashington is offline   Reply With Quote