R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I live in NorCal, and I am jealous of the guys in Florida and Texas, I don't know the names of their tracks, but I have seen pics of some amazing blue grooved tracks in Florida, and a beautiful blue grooved covered track in Texas.
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah you are right, I have seen a lot of nice tracks in texas, come to thnk of it
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #18
Tech Master

I would have to say the East Coast (of course). I live in Norfolk Virginia and there are a ton of tracks within driving distance. There are 4 off road tracks within a couple hours, one indoor (carpet) track and plenty of places to rock climb. There is also plenty of tracks in North Carolina (The Farm II) and Maryland. We have a beach too!!! Plenty of active hobby shops and lots of great drivers. Plenty of events on the East Coast (Psycho Nitro Blast, Motorama...) The last race at RC Pro Racing (http://www.rcproracing.com) had over 80 sign-ups. The cost of living is relativity inexpensive (more cars/parts). I would love to go to SOCAL but I have yet to go there with my RCs.

@carcrazy That track is sweet. We have a nice backyard track here in Norfolk but that is just sick!!
EastCoasterVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Austin, TX

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My vote goes to TAMPA. Racing all year, Great beaches, fishing and lots of other stuff.

BMI 1/10 & 1/12 Copperhead
Scapel, Losi 22, Jammin SC10, Wraith
rdcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

so*cal.....the fastest drivers race in socal
Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #22
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Hull View Post
so*cal.....the fastest drivers race in socal
No, the best known, most popular drivers race in SOCAL..the fastest drivers race in AZ...
Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #23
Tech Master

You do understand why their the best known & most popular....right Jaz?

I unlike most do not like racing at some of our famous Socal tracks.I mostly dont like people in general & really dont like big crowds,over a 100 people at a weekly club race aint fun for me. I must admit we do have all 3 criteria of the original poster,1 highest quality tracks(people here are spoiled & cry murder if track isnt maintained perfectly).2 Best racers in the world,minus that D8 guy(best known & most popular for a reason jaz live here).3 Highest level of support(before whorizion bought every body all their headquarters were 45 min up the 5 frwy)well all except the MFG I use.If you go by the posters 3 requirments Socal is where it is.

I would prefer Mlbracings description but I wont leave living on the beach making great money doing what I love with an ave year round temp of 75 deg till they make us all speak spanish,so Mlbracing I may move down there next week or the one after keep a look out for me.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch man View Post

I unlike most do not like racing at some of our famous Socal tracks.I mostly dont like people in general & really dont like big crowds,over a 100 people at a weekly club race aint fun for me. I must admit we do have all 3 criteria of the original poster,1 highest quality tracks(people here are spoiled & cry murder if track isnt maintained perfectly).2 Best racers in the world,minus that D8 guy(best known & most popular for a reason jaz live here).3 Highest level of support(before whorizion bought every body all their headquarters were 45 min up the 5 frwy)well all except the MFG I use.If you go by the posters 3 requirments Socal is where it is.

I would prefer Mlbracings description but I wont leave living on the beach making great money doing what I love with an ave year round temp of 75 deg till they make us all speak spanish,so Mlbracing I may move down there next week or the one after keep a look out for me.
If you dont like a big crowd, head up to Thunder Alley in Beaumont. There is only like 5-10 people there on a race day, but it is an really goodand very challenging track.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to imaxx21

So Cal
Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think Colorado has a pretty cool rc scene. During the winter months alot of guys race indoor electric at MHOR raceway. Its like the supercross season. Shorter mains, more techy. Then when spring and summer hits the nitro season gets under way. Just like outdoor motocross! You have Rat Raceway right in down town denver. Then there is a track out east in Burlington that is a part of the Colorado offroad Pro series. The third track in the series is Colorado Fast Track in Colo springs. Ive heard people call it the mini pit, but it is certainly an impressive track. Then there is a track on the south side of town that runs its own races right outside a hobby shop, called RMH, or littleton. There is some really good talent out here as well with guys like Matt Chambers, Dustin Evans and Kody just to name a few. I think the seasons are cool as it kinda gets you into both Electric and Nitro and has that anticipation of two different seasons. Although this year you could have ran nitro almost all winter long.
motosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #27
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch man View Post
Yes, Because they are to scared to race with Ryan Maifield, Billy Fischer, and Casey Peck every week..lol

I'm just playin..you know I have mad respect for you Butchy..but I witnesses my AZ boys take down your Cali boys at the Nitro Challenge..and Thanks to my boy Marcus.....everyone on RCTECH got to witness it also...
Old 03-20-2009, 02:04 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now I'm gonna cry. I thought So. Fla. was all good.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #29
Tech Addict

NorCal is where it's happening guys! We've got a ton of tracks up and down the valley from Madera to Redding, a short trek over to the Bay area, GREAT local racing at 2 tracks here in Sacto and all within a couple hours from Sacramento. Like SoCal, our beautiful weather affords us a longgggggg racing season, and then we race all winter at a covered track in Antioch. RC racing is alive and going strong in NorCal!!
Team RcRenew...visit us at rcrenew.com!
Triton RC Alpha Plus Engines
rcgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

If you ask for the best track in north america, i answer you the best track in NA is in Quebec... but only for 6month a year
Xchange is offline   Reply With Quote