Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight-t Swiss Cheese Racer

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi 8ight-t Swiss Cheese Racer

I was breaking in my OS 28 this weekend and noticed the engine ran perfect at 200-220 without the body on. Once I put the body on it ran up to 280. I have half of the windshield cut out, 5-6 holes on each side of the body... only thing I can think of is using my body reimer to put more holes in it. So now, my truggy will look like swiss cheese on the track to help with the temp. Anybody else running into overheating problems with your 8ight-T (1.0)
Old 03-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evolrider
I was breaking in my OS 28 this weekend and noticed the engine ran perfect at 200-220 without the body on. Once I put the body on it ran up to 280. I have half of the windshield cut out, 5-6 holes on each side of the body... only thing I can think of is using my body reimer to put more holes in it. So now, my truggy will look like swiss cheese on the track to help with the temp. Anybody else running into overheating problems with your 8ight-T (1.0)
why dont you tune your car with the body on? making a few hour adjustments on your high and low speed needles with do the trick.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i would fatten it up around 3 hours, then try it with the body, if you are gonna be running it on a track you should be tuning it on the track with the body and everything on it
Old 03-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If it was 200 plus while at idle I would think that was alreardy too hot , when you do break-in they should be aroung the 160-180 degree mark and should operate around 190-200 in slow drive mode, if you start running it early after the break-in and the taper of the piston and sleeve is still tight then your going to get hot temps when running hard. I would think that that engine would need almost a gallon before it properly seats itself.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

I did the heat cycle break in have about 7 tanks through it. I always run my engines on the fat side and this one is realy fattened. My V-spec runs perfect at 200-210 on my 8ight buggy but the head is sticking up from the body for more cooling. Its just when I put the body on the truggy does it really heat up.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default 210º to 230º

That's what mine runs when I'm riding it hard like a cheap whore. When I am just putzing around and bashing it hardly sees 200º. You are way too hot!