R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   What is the main difference between these tires? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/282542-what-main-difference-between-these-tires.html)

Krawl 03-16-2009 11:19 AM

What is the main difference between these tires?

I already visited their website but still no clue:

The Bowties, Crimefighters and Holeshots.

What are these tires intended use for?

Also...is the LPR series really performs well?

thanks. ;)

As usual...pardon my english.

DOMIT 03-16-2009 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Krawl (Post 5557492)
I already visited their website but still no clue:

The Bowties, Crimefighters and Holeshots.

What are these tires intended use for?

thanks. ;)

As usual...pardon my english.

ALL of those are for racing, not bashing.

Holeshots are for hard packed/blue groove. They are a very small pin tire.

Crimefighters and Bowties are for looser tracks... where there is some loose dirt or it isn't all hardpacked. Bowties are a rounder profile, not as likely to catch an edge if the track is rutted and bumpy. Crimefighters have a flatter profile so the give better overall side-bite if the track is reasonably smooth.

Hope that helps.

Owen RaCing 03-16-2009 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 5557524)
ALL of those are for racing, not bashing.

Holeshots are for hard packed/blue groove. They are a very small pin tire.

Crimefighters and Bowties are for looser tracks... where there is some loose dirt or it isn't all hardpacked. Bowties are a rounder profile, not as likely to catch an edge if the track is rutted and bumpy. Crimefighters have a flatter profile so the give better overall side-bite if the track is reasonably smooth.

Hope that helps.

He's pretty much got your answer here. But sometimes people like HoleShots on a Loamy surface too. Just cause they act like little pirana teeth and get into the packed stuff. But It depends a lot on the driver.

And by loamy surface, I mean a soft, top soil type dirt.

Hope that helps

markr04 03-16-2009 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Krawl (Post 5557492)

LPR = Low Profile Race and is for truggies. You need to have LPR type wheels.

Krawl 03-16-2009 11:41 AM

That really helps! Thanks...

Since I can only afford a set of truggy tire...which one do you think is the best all-round performers?

Jaz240 03-16-2009 12:27 PM

get 2 lpr bowties for the rear of you truggy, and 2 lpr crimefighters for the front..M2 compound will last longer...M3 compound will hook up better under most condidtions

losi_racer 03-16-2009 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 5557719)
get 2 lpr bowties for the rear of you truggy, and 2 lpr crimefighters for the front..M2 compound will last longer...M3 compound will hook up better under most condidtions

jaz were u at the nitro challenge? for some reason the m3 bow fighter set up didnt work for me on the 2.0 so i went m2 bow ties up front and m3 bow ties in the rear and holy crap i had traction like no other

PTP Racing 03-16-2009 01:22 PM

Crimefighters would be the best all around of those 3.

Jaz240 03-16-2009 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by losi_racer (Post 5557899)
jaz were u at the nitro challenge? for some reason the m3 bow fighter set up didnt work for me on the 2.0 so i went m2 bow ties up front and m3 bow ties in the rear and holy crap i had traction like no other

No I did not race, I couldnt get the 3 days off...Joeys track was loose and wet at first, then hard packed and wet, and then it blue grooved badly, so you should have had 3 different tire set ups, but I'm glad it worked out for you.. I got all the details from other racers......How did you do?

AngLeo 03-16-2009 07:36 PM

I think it depends on the truggy mostly....for racin-LPR rims.On a kyosho STR-RR,mugens(basiclly heavier trucks)they love the bowties...Lighter trucks like losi's,X-ray's need a little more, like crimes or grips...unless on a packed clay,slightly loose/very grooved/flat track....holeshots by far.Best overall......M2 BOWTIES ON LPR RIMS seem to work good to great on most tracks.

Integra 03-16-2009 08:59 PM

Screw the Crappy Proline Crime's and Bow's...get a quality tire that will last more then a weekend or 2....Ive seen soo many set's of bowtie's Bald out the center after very little run time its ridiculous....all in all proline needs to step it up imo.

AKA are the tire's your after. :nod:

Sam-E 03-16-2009 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 5560045)
Screw the Crappy Proline Crime's and Bow's...get a quality tire that will last more then a weekend or 2....Ive seen soo many set's of bowtie's Bald out the center after very little run time its ridiculous....all in all proline needs to step it up imo.

AKA are the tire's your after. :nod:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sylvain 03-16-2009 11:36 PM

Maybe this can help you -> http://www.myrcbox.com/tire_guide.htm

losi_racer 03-17-2009 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 5558009)
No I did not race, I couldnt get the 3 days off...Joeys track was loose and wet at first, then hard packed and wet, and then it blue grooved badly, so you should have had 3 different tire set ups, but I'm glad it worked out for you.. I got all the details from other racers......How did you do?

i had problems left and right, i only finished one race which was my third qualifier but i wasnt gettin traction, this was when i was using m3 bow fighters.. i switched to the bow tie set up for the main but had motor issues

Krawl 03-17-2009 02:08 AM

thanks guys! your help much appreciated...I'm going for the fighters...hope this is the right choice...