R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Of course I'll pit for you too. You'll only have to pit once in a 10 minute main anyway.
Ouch!! If I was in a 10 min main, and I do mean "If", I think I can make it without pitting on the new layout.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #32
Tech Rookie

Nice looking truck, it's nice to see some local Texans on here. I just started visiting this site and have made it to Indy a few times whenever I get the chance away from work. Anyways again nice looking lid for your truck.
Maxpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
Ouch!! If I was in a 10 min main, and I do mean "If", I think I can make it without pitting on the new layout.
Hmmm... u running Sportsman?

Correction to what I said before... I'm in. So... I'll be a big bright yellow rolling obstacle for all the expert guys... (there is no sportsman truggy class... who came up with THAT brilliant idea?) The "powers that be" let me in. Hmmm... must have needed some comic relief!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpwr View Post
Nice looking truck, it's nice to see some local Texans on here. I just started visiting this site and have made it to Indy a few times whenever I get the chance away from work. Anyways again nice looking lid for your truck.
Thanks... I run at Indy quite a bit too. I'm sure you've seen me out there. Stop by and say hi... (I don't exactly blend in... and you can't possibly miss that truck. lol)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Wow, I just looked at this thread! I saw that truck peg some kid in the back 10 feet out of the intended lane!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks... I run at Indy quite a bit too. I'm sure you've seen me out there. Stop by and say hi... (I don't exactly blend in... and you can't possibly miss that truck. lol)
don't blend in???? that's an understatment. He will be the only one waring the "Wife Beater"

Old 03-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #37
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta View Post
Wow, I just looked at this thread! I saw that truck peg some kid in the back 10 feet out of the intended lane!!!
LOL!!!! That would be Brad

Old 03-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:

What are you talking about Rocco? I backsided his back perfectly.

And if they didn't want us to cut corrugated there, they shouldn't put a turn in the landing area. (Yes, I was jumping into the corner there, JUST LIKE YOU WERE.) :P (I marshalled your race, remember?)

You'll be happy to know I have an XT8 now. The Jammin is no more. I needed something that would last a bit longer. And yes, that body will fit.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
You'll be happy to know I have an XT8 now. The Jammin is no more. I needed something that would last a bit longer. And yes, that body will fit.
Rocco, I think the RC America should buy Brad a different truck. Having him saying that he has a Xray can only hurt the company..

Old 03-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
Rocco, I think the RC America should buy Brad a different truck. Having him saying that he has a Xray can only hurt the company..
What are you babbeling about Doug? I'm the best crash-tester in the sport. "XRay's are TOUGH! Even DOMIT can't break one!" They should pay me to drive it.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #41
Tech Master

Quote:
What are you babbeling about Doug? I'm the best crash-tester in the sport. "XRay's are TOUGH! Even DOMIT can't break one!" They should pay me to drive it.
Ah,,,,,,Touche'???

Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr04 View Post
What's up, T? I went to Indy yesterday and got some good practice in. I think I'm coming up on you a bit. I got some 30 second laps in with my buggy.

I also ended up getting hired there, lol. It's a day or two a week... Sundays in particular. I'm supporting my R/C addiction and they're a great bunch of guys to work for, too.
wow thats great man, i think i need to try to get a spot on working their too. 30sec is good, just a little more and you will be giving me hell. i think the best i got was 28's and averaged 29sec.
bastard dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Quote:
What are you talking about Rocco? I backsided his back perfectly.

And if they didn't want us to cut corrugated there, they shouldn't put a turn in the landing area. (Yes, I was jumping into the corner there, JUST LIKE YOU WERE.) :P (I marshalled your race, remember?)

Well right on! Hit up the XRAY forum www.teamxray.com to get a my latest setup on your truck, I'd be careful of who you listen to about that truck and getting it running right...

Yeah, I was jumping over the PIPE, you jumped into the next LANE!!!!! LOL!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:43 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well right on! Hit up the XRAY forum www.teamxray.com to get a my latest setup on your truck, I'd be careful of who you listen to about that truck and getting it running right...

Yeah, I was jumping over the PIPE, you jumped into the next LANE!!!!! LOL!!!
Thanks Rocco, I'll go check it out. I wanted the XT8 when I got the Jammin, just nobody had them in stock... and I needed it quickly so I could run the last round of RC Pro last season to be able to run at the finals in Truggy.

And yeah... perhaps I'm a BIT less accurate than you are. I was landing that pretty consistantly though, just past the curve in the pipe.

The new track layout is better- a little more "breathing room" for us less skilled guys to think about what we're doing, and more room for the marshals. It is safer and probably a little easier on the equipment.