R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

32 degrees out side? Do you have it wrapped in foil so it get s up to temp? If you are tyring to tune a cold engine then thats your problem. It needs to get at lest to 195* before the engine even gets close to being ready to being tuned. Set the carb settings back to factory, wrap that puppy up and start there.

From mey experience when an engine runs like you described is because its running lean. Like mentiond before it could be an air leak or a faulty working crab. The 427 in my LST2 does not like the Sporkwerks carb that I bought as an upgrade. It acts just like you described. I know of many people who run that carb with no issues but I must of got a bad one because the engine runs awsome with teh stock carb.

Hope my $.2 helps
losifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I haven't come across a mach yet that did not have a loose back plate.Remove rotostart and check backplate, better yet, remove backplate and reseal with HT sealant an locktite screws cause if it's not loose yet then it will be later.
benamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

Default hello

whats up guys new to the forums. Anyway I have a losi 8t truggy with the Mach 427 engine. The engine has lots of power and runs great. I am wondering what the running temps should be after tuning? I am running around 210f to 230f but it is still laying down the smoke. I am just wondering if I could lean it out more or just leave it be and is the smoke normal. Also you guys running the 427 does your engine stay idleing mine dies out around 10 seconds. She acts like she loads up but when she stalls she will fire right back up again no problem. Thank for your time and any info would be some help thanx.
sckootter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

these have no problem running warmer but you have to temp quick cause they cool down fast so you could be running a bit hotter than you think. If temped right away I could see 240-245 and I got 8 gallons on both mine. Mine idled forever and I never had flameout issues, maybe you are still rich on bottom, actually at 210 deg probally a little rich on top too. I used the OS A5 plug and 30% o'donnell with stock shims.

really strong inexpensive motor
benamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #20
Tech Rookie

Hey thanx for the info. I am runnin Mcoy #9 plug with 30% tinity monster power fuel and stock shims. I will try lightning up the bottom and maybe tweek the top alittle too and see what happens.
sckootter is offline   Reply With Quote