R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #76
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
ill give you $500 for everything
Yea nice try, just stay the hell out of my thread please.

All of you would be singing a different tune if you were in my shoes
Old 03-13-2009, 06:02 AM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrosty View Post
Yea nice try, just stay the hell out of my thread please.

All of you would be singing a different tune if you were in my shoes
im sorry to tell you but ive been unemployed since last July, ive got over $400 worth of dead servo's sitting on my desk and i have to pay more money to have them fixed.

youre not special. dont talk to me about "your shoes"
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:05 AM   #78
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Its cool your daughter has a c6, but is it necessary? Maybe you could buy her a go 3 port sport for $99 and install the c6 in your car...........and yes, its very cool to see PSR sending you some free filters, good luck in getting going again man.
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #79
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
Its cool your daughter has a c6, but is it necessary? Maybe you could buy her a go 3 port sport for $99 and install the c6 in your car...........and yes, its very cool to see PSR sending you some free filters, good luck in getting going again man.
It's a 5 gallon C6 that I picked up used for $100, the guys I'll be running with are running fresh Ninjas and Speeds, I don't like racing to lose.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:13 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

all I can say is wow. I know you run an rc8, but the best filter I have ever run is a losi 8 air filter. I run an Xray, and I still use the 8 filter because it works so well! I also use this stuff called co-flex around my filter as a 3rd line of defense!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:19 AM   #81
Tech Champion

Quote:
It's a 5 gallon C6 that I picked up used for $100, the guys I'll be running with are running fresh Ninjas and Speeds, I don't like racing to lose.
if you can drive, you can still place decent.......its not the fastest motor that wins races bud, there are a TON of variables to be considered, but whatever......good luck
Old 03-13-2009, 06:26 AM   #82
Tech Fanatic

Like I said, I'm not trying to demand a free engine or anything (well after having a day to cool off anyway) I'd just really appreciate it if they covered the cost of repair. Hell, I'd be thrilled and they'd earn a customer for life. I'm sure their products are awesome, and I've heard great things about them. That's why I bought them. Yes I made a mistake, but if the damn things had been labeled or they had ANY instructions ANYWHERE I wouldn't be in this position.

And, yes I can drive very well. I raced for many years when I was a teenager, both on and offroad electrics. But there's only so much you can do if you don't have the power to keep up, especially on my home track. It's a big, fast one where top end is king.

Anyone wanna buy a RTR MLST?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #83
Tech Champion

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not trying to demand a free engine or anything (well after having a day to cool off anyway) I'd just really appreciate it if they covered the cost of repair. Hell, I'd be thrilled and they'd earn a customer for life. I'm sure their products are awesome, and I've heard great things about them. That's why I bought them. Yes I made a mistake, but if the damn things had been labeled or they had ANY instructions ANYWHERE I wouldn't be in this position.
Well, unfortunately thats not going to happen. It was a honest/simple user error, and in no way, shape, or form should P-S-R be responsible for your mis-use of their product line. It is quite well known amongst general users of the correct applications to be used. Mistakes happen all the time, we misuse products daily at our OWN expense, NOT the manufacturers. I lost two engines before I learned to tune(and I am still not great). Start burning energy on getting a new mill, and get past this grueling learning curve you experienced, read that AE Manual man, that would have saved your engine alone...you must know how to maintain/service these cars before you get dirty with them, if you try to wrench/learn at same time, you are going to have probs like this all the time. Get to know the car better Frosty, it will all come together man

Oh BTW, im still a n00b too.....its all good
Old 03-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Quote:
frosty, it's too bad you lost your job. I hope you'll find something soon. Meanwhile, being you have children, maybe you should "SAVE" your money in an attempt to keep a roof over your families heads rather then worrying about getting a engine fixed for toy car. What I don't get is, you say you can't race without a engine and that you don't race to lose. I can tell you, the engine isn't what wins the race, it's the driver. With that said, you should be looking for a job to support your family rather then spending what you have on a toy car engine. Your beef with PSR wouldn't hold water if I owned the company. I would do as they are and offer you a pack of filters. Good luck finding a job dude. Keep the family first.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:45 AM   #85
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
frosty, it's too bad you lost your job. I hope you'll find something soon. Meanwhile, being you have children, maybe you should "SAVE" your money in an attempt to keep a roof over your families heads rather then worrying about getting a engine fixed for toy car.
Let me worry about my bills, and yes they are covered. I'll find something soon, but I'm just SO pissed right now, racing season starts next month and I'm without a mill.

And for you to assume that I would let my family go without for some toy cars is really ignorant of you.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Well your acting like your broke as a 3 dollar bill because of all of this. If you have everything covered, go buy a new engine and be done. You would have never had this happen had you read the AE manual first.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #87
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Well your acting like your broke as a 3 dollar bill because of all of this. If you have everything covered, go buy a new engine and be done. You would have never had this happen had you read the AE manual first.
Broke, no. Could I go out and buy a new OS Speed today if I so chose? Yes, but I would never do something that foolish not knowing when my next paycheck is coming, and trust me I DID read the manual. I got the car used and stripped it down, every single piece. I went through the manual front to back more than once. As you can clearly see from the picture on one of the earlier pages of this thread it show the inner filter as simply cut down the center and wrapped around the inner fittings of the filter. So what did I do? I cut the inner piece of the filter down the center as it show in the manual and installed it. Keep in mind this was after searching several forums and the companys website for any kind of instructions.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:22 AM   #88
Tech Champion

Frosty,
NOTHING in the rc8 manual illustrates/nor eludes to the fact that one must "cut" filters. Pg.41 is the air filter assembly steps, its VERY straightforward, not much info there to confuse IMO. Bottom of the line is this bro, you did'nt do your homework, you lost an engine.......big deal............its part of learning, but it was YOUR fault. As far as the instructions on the P-S-R products, they probably assume that anyone that is buying a "competition grade" filter assembly is going to be knowledgable enough to install the correct elements in the correct places, they are just making good stuff for us to use, this isnt rocket science, its an air filter......hence no directions................good luck and warm regards to you getting back up and running Frosty
Old 03-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes I made a novice mistake and I DID admit that, but it was because of no label as to what filter they were and no instruction either in the packaging or on their website that caused me to make this mistake. Like I said before, the manufacture has to take responsibility if their incorrect or missing instructions cause damage to your property, it's upheld in the court system every day.
Dude, I would accept the free filters and be done with this. It seems like all you want is someone to tell you what you want to hear and thats not happening. All I can say is try to go and fix your real car truck suv etc with a part you buy at your local parts store. No instructions or label with the package just a random part #. Does this make the parts distributor liable for installer or users mistakes...........NO.
bcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:33 AM   #90
Tech Adept

Are you sure the engine is broken to start with? You said everything looked okay inside. Before I worried about fixing it I would see if it is broke first.
rc-mike is offline   Reply With Quote