R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
i have been getting a lot of interferance on my 2.4 of late and thats why i have raised this question. I run the nomadio react which is the fastest on the market but thats of no use to me when my breaks dont work and i overshoot a corner or cant drop the nose over a jump.

So I want to get an FM radio but i dont know who makes the best one
Get Futaba 3PK with R303FHS works good on HRS on a DIGITAL servos.
doubletap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #17
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

can you run a digital and an anolog servo at the same time.
I have Ace 1015's on the steering and sanwa erg-vx's on the throttle
the nomadio has no problems doing it but i know that spectrums have trouble with it and you have to run one of the other

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNastyEk9 View Post
you might have seen some running spektrum modules, but I also have seen a whole lot of pros running FM radios still with FM Modules. I have heard that they say they are just better than a 2.4ghz system, but I think alot of it has to do with reaction differences between the 2 systems. Most of the Pros today have been using non spektrum systems for a long long time, and making the switch would cause the need to adjust driving some. The FM system works fine for them, why change? I made the switch to spektrum, I had to learn to drive a bit different, but it is all preference mainly!!
i seen pleanty of pros using fm as well but i seen just as much with 2.4. sorry if i was mis understood

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Cordless phone may say 2.4Ghz but they really don't use that.

I got in a hugh arguement about if you can really tell the differents in speed from spektrum vs pro vs Fasst vs nomadio in speed. The speed vs each one you can't blind your eyes faster than that. They can sit there say they can see it.

I use spektrum pro in my FM KO radio only because it never fails some a-hole seems to turn there radio on while racing is going on. By god if someone does it to them all hell breaks loose. Most glitches are caused by connection plugs
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:01 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
the nomadio has no problems doing it but i know that spectrums have trouble with it and you have to run one of the other
This is something i was wondering also...

Also i will be getting a radio soon and i am going 2.4 but not sure about which one ... i heard Futaba 3pm is a really good radio for the price and i also hear specktrum is also but seems to feel alittle cheaper .. (just what ive been told so far) .... i know nothing about any of the other radios.. im sure i can spend 400 for a radio but im not going too... in the 200 range is better....
Tcaputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:09 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
i have a digital steering servo, and an analog throttle servo on an M8 with the Spektrum Pro system, and it worked fine, until i fried it because i set the brake endpoint wrong
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #22
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

I use a Futaba 3pks with the synth setup with Futaba s9351 servos @ both positions.........In my 2nd race ever on my 2nd qualifier I had a spektrum module die and it ended my day waaaay early and it ended my relationship with DSM..........never again.......synthed FM in HRS mode is just as fast and I feel safer on the FM band.

this is setup I just got, I sold a dx3s(junk) to get it
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6111
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:16 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
My former DX3R had no problems with analog and digital servos together.

There's a setting in the controller that you can change between 11ms or 5ms latency. In order to run the 5ms setting, both must be digital. Use 11ms if they're not both digital.
markr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

People use HRS mode to try to make the analog servo perform faster. All it does is kill them. Dont not use hrs if you have an analog servo, even if you have 1 digital. Must manuals state this in the instructions. Trevor I was running a 3PKS before I picked up the 4PK.
Outlaw420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw420 View Post
People use HRS mode to try to make the analog servo perform faster. All it does is kill them. Dont not use hrs if you have an analog servo, even if you have 1 digital. Must manuals state this in the instructions. Trevor I was running a 3PKS before I picked up the 4PK.
SERVO - SYS
ANALOG = PPM
DIGITAL = HRS
MIX = PPM as the digital servo can work with it.

if you switch to HRS your Analog SERVO will glitch the hell of it. that's my experience. But if you go with PPM your analog you're gonna shine like a star at the TRACK.
doubletap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I ran for Nomadio for a year and went through all the ups and downs. Their system was pretty fool proof and worked really well.

One thing I noticed going from Spectrum to Nomadio was the speed. Nomadio was hands down faster in reaction time from my hands to the car.

Then....... I got a hold of a 3PKS with their 2.4 and felt more connected with the car as the proportion was smoother.

With the 3PKS came problems so I looked for an alternative.

I found the KO Propo Helios and my lap times immediately fell .2+ a lap and have never looked back. As a matter of fact I customized it with the smaller C2 wheel, drop down and larger hand grip and it feels like it was custom made just for me.

Best of all....... no problems!

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #27
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

When I first put the Spektrum system in my good ole M8, I didn't notice any real difference in feel. The system seemed to work just fine. After a full year of onroad racing with it however, I did notice a few things. My driving seemed to have gotten worse. I was clipping more boards, my lap times were less consistent and my race results had suffered (I went from nearly making the A at the Winternats one year to not even being able to get out of the F the next). I went back to FM and now my driving abilities seemed to have magically returned.

That being said, I still occasionally use the Spektrum stuff for offroad and dirt oval without any problems. I think maybe 1/8th and 1/12th onroad is more demanding of a first rate radio system.

Then again, maybe I just had a really bad year.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
KO Propo 2.4Ghz is your best bet.

No run aways, no glitching, no bluetooth or cordless phone problems.
Best radio around....I can't see me running anything else. LOL
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #29
Tech Rookie

I have a Futaba 3PM in my 4wd buggy. I had my cell phone on my the entire time and it didnt glitch.
RC8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #30
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to TripleA9D2 Send a message via Skype™ to TripleA9D2

I'm putin a losi 8ight20 buggy soon, and will be racing , I have absolutely no clue what radios are good/decent, which radio would you guys recommend me for starter ?
TripleA9D2 is offline   Reply With Quote