R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm1126 View Post
because its old, if you had the 4pk you would most likely say that it was out of date as well

I beg to differ....im not a fan of the 4pk for many of reason's....and ive held it more then the owner has.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

I loved the 3PKS. Had one for a while till the 4PK came out. As stated before see if you can hold them in you hand first and see what works for you. They both perform well.
kasarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I own both and I perfeer the dx3r over the 4pk. The spectrrum does feel. Cheap compared to the 4pk but the weight and ease of me he use on the specktrum is far easier than the futaba. The futaba does have cool options like servo speed. Control and the backlight in the menu is off the hook. The bateries in the dx3r last forever. My vote is the dx3r best price and easiest to use.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

i try different radio of the market, end of 2008, i sell my old Ko Propo Ex1 Mars from 1999 hehe for a new KoPropo Ex1 UR with 2.4 module...

The radio is great and amazing fast.. but 2week ago, i buy a Futaba 3PKS new with Fasst module and i love the 3PK!!!

With the 3PK i feel the car naturally and i m more precision with 3PK than the EX1.

And all functionality of the 3pk are incredible! (but ex1 have a lot of same function of the 3pk) If you use all, you are more fast than without especially in 1/8 Offroad (exemple, ABS when you turn the steering wheel, Traction control)

Recently i try the Spektrum radio DX3 Model and never i change my radio for this shit! Plastic are cheap, precision is approximatly, feeling is strange and not natural at all...) BUT the menu is easy....

Finally, for me, the best radio ever, is 3PK/4PK(if you like the design) with Ko Propo 2.4Ghz receiver (because is extra small)

If you want to go with the DX3 S or R, try the Ko Propo EX-1UR Before or the Futaba 3PM better than the Spektrum.
Xchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #20
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
i try different radio of the market, end of 2008, i sell my old Ko Propo Ex1 Mars from 1999 hehe for a new KoPropo Ex1 UR with 2.4 module...

The radio is great and amazing fast.. but 2week ago, i buy a Futaba 3PKS new with Fasst module and i love the 3PK!!!

With the 3PK i feel the car naturally and i m more precision with 3PK than the EX1.

And all functionality of the 3pk are incredible! (but ex1 have a lot of same function of the 3pk) If you use all, you are more fast than without especially in 1/8 Offroad (exemple, ABS when you turn the steering wheel, Traction control)

Recently i try the Spektrum radio DX3 Model and never i change my radio for this shit! Plastic are cheap, precision is approximatly, feeling is strange and not natural at all...) BUT the menu is easy....

Finally, for me, the best radio ever, is 3PK/4PK(if you like the design) with Ko Propo 2.4Ghz receiver (because is extra small)

If you want to go with the DX3 S or R, try the Ko Propo EX-1UR Before or the Futaba 3PM better than the Spektrum.

you can bind a Ko Rx to the Faast module ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 03-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

doubt it. Even if you could why? They are expensive.
XT8 Hobbywing 150a esc/2000kv combo KILLER! Full rc-monster e conversion. 4s
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #22
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaytanic View Post
doubt it. Even if you could why? They are expensive.

but you can run direct lipo on KO rx's And if the issue with the Faast Rx's is heat....im sure the Ko's have dealt with it already and have found a solution.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #23
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

thank you so much guy...
Hyperhyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Go DX3R

I had the 3PK for about 2 years and I just recently switched to the DX3R ad I love it

the only thing that is bad about the DX3R is the foam on the wheel is to fat but it's all good with the lightness
Old 03-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #25
Tech Master

my dx3r is on ebay right now, going back to m11. the 3r performed flawless, but it is just to lite. it's the same with my heli radios, (jr 10x has metal as part of the case), i like the heaver feel. i ware a neckstrap with my m11, so the weight of radio doesn't bother me.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #26
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
but you can run direct lipo on KO rx's And if the issue with the Faast Rx's is heat....im sure the Ko's have dealt with it already and have found a solution.
All specktrum receivers can handle 9v more than any 2s lipo it's the servos you have to worry about.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #27
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
All specktrum receivers can handle 9v more than any 2s lipo it's the servos you have to worry about.

thats not what i was inquiring about....i know spek can handle 9v and that only specific servo's can take true 2 cell lipo power....thats pretty common knowledge.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DX3R is the shiz! I have owned 3PD, 3PJ, 3PK, M8, M11, and now DX3R. I feel more connected to my vehicle now than ever before. The DX3R is so consistent, fast, and tough that I can't imagine running anything else now.