R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #46
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys, I am having some problems. It seems this motor is extremely tight and will hardly turn over even after I heat it up to 200 degrees(non-tuned grp). Is this normal?? Also it seems after I heated the engine to 200 it seems when I tried to prime it the fuel would evaporate instantly when it first entered the carbeurater leaving airbubbles in the line and not letting gas in. Is this normal? What should I do?
rgrassey@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i personally blow into the pressure line to prime, i do not use the box to prime. I have heard some people have to loosen up the glow plug to get their motors started then tighten after it fires. I personally have never had this problem. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #48
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrassey@me.com View Post
Hey guys, I am having some problems. It seems this motor is extremely tight and will hardly turn over even after I heat it up to 200 degrees(non-tuned grp). Is this normal?? Also it seems after I heated the engine to 200 it seems when I tried to prime it the fuel would evaporate instantly when it first entered the carbeurater leaving airbubbles in the line and not letting gas in. Is this normal? What should I do?

you heated the carb too much.....take special attention to Not heat the carb so much and it should take fuel no problem's....a Tight motor is normal...nothing outta the ordinary there.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

ok great, I got it started once and on the box it idled nicely and plenty of smoke but then it died when I put it down. Should I lean the lsn a bit?? Also I think I am having trouble getting it to fire because the fuel is evaporating before I get it started so hopefully I get that stopped and it will be good. Also will ha gell cell have alot more power than 2 stick packs?
Old 03-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know if the gell cell will have a noticeable amount of mor power than 2 3000 mah stick packs?
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #51
Tech Lord

Quote:
Does anyone know if the gell cell will have a noticeable amount of mor power than 2 3000 mah stick packs?

stick packs will have more on initial charge...but a gel will last longer then 2 3000's.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher6371 View Post
OK this may sound dumb but would a lower VOLT battery be better than a Battery with a higher Amp (C*mAH/1000)? for instance is a 7.4v @ 5200mAh 25C (130amp) better than a 14.8v @ 2200mAh 20C (44amp)? I'm thinking the 14.8v is better but still not quite sure? thanks again guys.
I don't think that Lipo's are a great idea for a starter box. whats the point of a lighter battery that can catch on fire when all your doing is starting cars

I can see it now, "come on damn thing start" wufffghhh your cars in flames

I would stick to the 12V cell but then again that's just me. You wouldn't have to balance your starter box If you want safe light betteries theres always a123 (LiFe) batteries which are 3.7v p/cell insteald of 4.2v (Lipo)
both are lithium just one is safer and doesn't need to be balanced often at all while the other one can't and not only that but you can drain all the power from a123's just my opinion
Old 03-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #53
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87 View Post
I don't think that Lipo's are a great idea for a starter box. whats the point of a lighter battery that can catch on fire when all your doing is starting cars

I can see it now, "come on damn thing start" wufffghhh your cars in flames

I would stick to the 12V cell but then again that's just me. You wouldn't have to balance your starter box If you want safe light betteries theres always a123 (LiFe) batteries which are 3.7v p/cell insteald of 4.2v (Lipo)
both are lithium just one is safer and doesn't need to be balanced often at all while the other one can't and not only that but you can drain all the power from a123's just my opinion

Dead As in beyond safe discharging rates a lipo does not catch fire....it will puff up and become worthless....they catch fire when they are dead shorted....and or charged at a rate more then what they are rated for.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Would you recommend spending the 30 bucks for a gell cell or just sticking with my stick packs?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #55
Tech Lord

Quote:
Would you recommend spending the 30 bucks for a gell cell or just sticking with my stick packs?

i would spend the 30 on a ebay lipo and or start saving for a decent lipo charger so you can forget about having battery issues forever....lipo makes everything soo much easier imo.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
i would spend the 30 on a ebay lipo and or start saving for a decent lipo charger so you can forget about having battery issues forever....lipo makes everything soo much easier imo.
+1
Gel cells are heavy and have a fairly short life. you constantly have to keep them charged without over charging. lipo's are the only way to go. Just have to keep an eye on them!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Ok, I am going to just start saving up until I get a decent amount of money to spend and just get all the little stuff I need and I may incorpoate a lipo into that.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Cool Well............

Well........I stuck 2 of the Ofna 775 motors in my Losi box.....rewired with wet noodle and it starts anything...LMAO....and will start 2 Truggies and 2 Buggies all day long ......Its the Cats Meow!!!!
Z-RACING *Upgrade RC* KAL-GARD* BOCA Bearing*
GoJohnnyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #59
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
Well........I stuck 2 of the Ofna 775 motors in my Losi box.....rewired with wet noodle and it starts anything...LMAO....and will start 2 Truggies and 2 Buggies all day long ......Its the Cats Meow!!!!

they fit the stock losi cage ? pics would be appreciated
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Cool Sheeeeeeeeeeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
they fit the stock losi cage ? pics would be appreciated
Seeeeeeesh...LOL...I knew that was going to be asked...lmao..I'll see what I can Do....charge camera.....might take me a few days tho....busy around here.!!!
Z-RACING *Upgrade RC* KAL-GARD* BOCA Bearing*
GoJohnnyGo is offline   Reply With Quote