Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What is the best air filter in the market? >

What is the best air filter in the market?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best air filter in the market?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default What is the best air filter in the market?

I run OFNA's air filter...but the dust and dirt keep entering the engine..my engine always dirty inside (black colored)...then I cleaned the inside until it's squeaky clean, but after first day run it turned black again...is this the air filter problem or something else? my air filter setup is: inner filter with oil and outer filter without oil.

Thanks in advance and pardon my english....
Old 03-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

If you were sucking in dirt you would no compression at all. The black stuff in your engine is carbon build up. Some fuels leave it some don't Your fine with the ofna filter. if conditions are extremely dust oil up you outer filter and put an outer cover over that (available on ebay) and your good to go. You might want to change you prefilter through out the day of running to keep engine performance up.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Alan D.
If you were sucking in dirt you would no compression at all. The black stuff in your engine is carbon build up. Some fuels leave it some don't Your fine with the ofna filter. if conditions are extremely dust oil up you outer filter and put an outer cover over that (available on ebay) and your good to go. You might want to change you prefilter through out the day of running to keep engine performance up.
Thanks Alan! How to prevent this carbon bulid ups? My glow plug butt is also black...I heard with it's supposed to be golden brown...do you think it's too rich?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what kind of fuel do you run? I have been running cold fusion fuel and just took the motor out to check the inside and its as clean as it was in the box. This is the best fuel I have ran in a while, keeps a great tune the temps are lower with it and keeps the engine clean.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JBURCH
what kind of fuel do you run? I have been running cold fusion fuel and just took the motor out to check the inside and its as clean as it was in the box. This is the best fuel I have ran in a while, keeps a great tune the temps are lower with it and keeps the engine clean.
I run sidewinder 25%...unfortunately cold fusion is not available here in my country...most LHS carry : Blue thunder, Sidewinder, Tornado and Trinity...also the expensive O'Donnel and Byron....