R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

thats what i am saying is its probably not an ofna/jammin flywheel
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #17
Tech Prophet

dont you drive losi ???

how ya doin up there in canada ? winternats? did you go ?
monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
as far as i know...ofna flywheels are all the same....ive never heard of this 2.2 versus 2.0 thing.....there are different diameter ofna flywheels...but as far as i know the pin diam is all the same......here's a little chart from Mitch at M2C's site on what pin diam's fit which shoes.

he difference is the pin size of the flywheel it self. We have 5 different style clutch shoes.

Our clutch shoe styles are Mugen style, Kyosho style, Jammin style, Associated Style and the Losi 8ight style.

Here is a chart of the type of clutch shoes you should order.

Mugen flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes

Xray flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes

Kyosho flywheel = Kyosho style clutch shoes

Jammin flywheel = Jammin style clutch shoes

Hot Bodies flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes

Cen flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes

Ofna flywheel = Mugen style

RMV flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
as far as i know...ofna flywheels are all the same....ive never heard of this 2.2 versus 2.0 thing.....there are different diameter ofna flywheels...but as far as i know the pin diam is all the same......here's a little chart from Mitch at M2C's site on what pin diam's fit which shoes.

he difference is the pin size of the flywheel it self. We have 5 different style clutch shoes.

Our clutch shoe styles are Mugen style, Kyosho style, Jammin style, Associated Style and the Losi 8ight style.

Here is a chart of the type of clutch shoes you should order.

Mugen flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes

Xray flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes

Kyosho flywheel = Kyosho style clutch shoes

Jammin flywheel = Jammin style clutch shoes

Hot Bodies flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes

Cen flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes

Ofna flywheel = Mugen style

RMV flywheel = Mugen style clutch shoes
I noticed the 3 different style Protek clutchbells on the Amain site were OFNA/Mugen, Kyosho & Losi. Based on that chart, is it safe to say an OFNA/Mugen style clutchbell will work with a Hot Bodies flywheel & shoes? Thanks

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...filter_mfr=209
bajaracer1501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
dont you drive losi ???

how ya doin up there in canada ? winternats? did you go ?
monty

2nd pro buggy 4th pro truggy.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

Quote:
2nd pro buggy 4th pro truggy.
awesome !!!! good job man .

wenatchee ?? spring shoot out ??
Old 03-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
Tech Master

I recommend using the same flywheel, clutch shoes and bell.... mixing & matching to create a hybrid clutch set-up is aking for trouble, there are some very minor differences in the stuff that can cause problems
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
I recommend using the same flywheel, clutch shoes and bell.... mixing & matching to create a hybrid clutch set-up is aking for trouble, there are some very minor differences in the stuff that can cause problems

yep , use all the items that come with one brands clutch setup
i prefer kyosho
Old 03-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaracer1501 View Post
I noticed the 3 different style Protek clutchbells on the Amain site were OFNA/Mugen, Kyosho & Losi. Based on that chart, is it safe to say an OFNA/Mugen style clutchbell will work with a Hot Bodies flywheel & shoes? Thanks

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...filter_mfr=209
I have been running Hot Bodies clutch bells on my kyoshos for a long time, no problem. You would want the kyosho style clutchbell for it
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:01 AM   #24
Tech Regular

After a little googling, I have found that I run correct flywheel, it's OFNA...my clutchshoe also OFNA...but I haven't checked the flywheel post whether it's bent cause don't have the tools to remove the shoes....got to visit my LHS...I also found new suspect...it's the throttle/brake linkage...when I pull the throttle, the brake linkage went to the other side (yes, this is normal), but there's a little braking effect, and after I released the throttle, the braking effect still there...could be this is the main problem?
Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote