R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2vracing View Post
Looking for peoples thoughts on how this track is being run.
I drive from Orlando just to race there every Sunday. Great track, great facilities, great people.

It really is the premiere track in FL and highly respected.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Not sure what the original thread starter has going on with this topic, but there is a hidden agenda going on IMO. Sounds like a Plan B.

New indoor offroad track in Tampa
Old 03-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
Tech Adept

When you get the local government too involved your just asking for it. Especially when they see some of the nastiness that goes on in these public forums. They will ABSOLUTELY shut it down. Unfortunately I know this all too well. Some "snakes in the grass" managed to all but eliminate any chance for us to have a season in 2009. If you don't shovel.........then you should just be happy to have a place to race and keep your mouth shut. If you help out more then maybe the tracks governing body will be more likely to listen.

Tekno RC | Jconcepts| Trinity | Hobbywing | MKS Servos | Elevation Sports | Code 3 RC |
cdbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Not sure how hidden the agenda is, just view his other 4 posts. Destroy the competition thru the back door before you even start your business.

Ed M.
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Your right. Click on his user name and then click "view other post". This guy is trying to start another track in Tampa in a 14,000 sq. ft. building.

Wow! That is a shame. Hopefully you fella's in the Tampa area arm yourselve's with this info in case he decides to stir the pot a little more than he probablly already has.

What a shame

Tekno RC | Jconcepts| Trinity | Hobbywing | MKS Servos | Elevation Sports | Code 3 RC |
cdbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE BY SOMEONE WHO OBVIOUSLY HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN TO LAKE PARK!!!!! our club is awesome

Joey perez
chris baron
Dave Warr @ elite performance
pete the greek

and many other guys do an amazing job giving 200+ nitro racers and 100+ electric racers an awesome track to race on week in and week out. his assumptions hold no water here

AND POST YOUR NAME NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO MAKE A POST LIKE THIS: flaming:

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think he has been to lake park.... he has this on there site....

http://www.horrc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=204

John W.
JW RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #24
Tech Rookie

No complaints with Lake Park or Hurricane from me. I really enjoy the track, I don't mind pitching in when asked, just a great place to race. I think the hostility is most likely without merit. If people were skimming then surely you would want to site (a specific incident/ or several). What I see out there is a few people doing most of the work and never really getting much credit. I've found in my small world that it is better to air your problems out at the source. None of the people that run this track are unapproachable. I am slightly turned off to the idea of running at an indoor track that would drum up business by trashing on "The Park". Who am I to put faith in a track that DNE or one that has run for so many years?

Ryan
Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
Government closures:
Minnreg
GB's
Ocala (almost)
Naples
Boggy Creek
Coral Springs (years ago)

The more they know about racers the less they will like it. Every track is a dangerous place with little or no insurance, its best if we stay off the radar.
Thanks made my response real easy!!Perfectly said
deweyharding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 AM   #26
Tech Addict

I would only hope for people to have a success at running their track and would hope they have permission to use the property for a track in the first place. if you are using the property covertly I hope you have fun for as long as possible.I know of some tracks that are in city parks and the city parks are supportive of them, and are willing to donate dirt and tractors. One in particular would entertain the idea of putting in a restroom.The same city park has encouraged and financed many special interests facilities ,such as bmx tracks,mountain bike trails,skateboard parks and they have the funds available annually in their budgets to maintain these.I've seen more broken arms at the bmx track than at the r/c track.Have a positive attitude and try to do things that are fun.I am not sure of your local area but,put in an effort to make your track a bad a-- one no matter where it is and never discourage any one from making it better.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:53 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

there isnt a issue with this track, that tool is probably the only person that has a issue with it, he might need to run at another track in the area
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Going to the local gov't will get your track closed. Period. If you want to be invoilved, go to the guys that are currently doing the work and talk to them. Unless you are an a$$hole, R/C clubs are alway looking for help in any form.

Our local club here always has someone bring up the same nonsense each spring and we always hold nominations and elections for the club positions. The same guys always get the votes, then the same guys that did the work before the elections still do the work, and the people that do the bitching still don't show up except on race days. If the people doing it now are doing a good job, racer aren't going to vote to change that.

My advice to the starter of this thread is " if you enjoy rc racing in your community, either get involved with the guys that already get it done every week and be constructive, or SHUT The Hell Up!!! You are about to put an end to a great thing.

That is my .02

Steve Christian ( note, not afraid to post my real name)
racer357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2vracing View Post
Looking for peoples thoughts on how this track is being run. It seems that it is run by a few, not a club of members. Folks this track is provided by Hillsborough County free of rent and most improvments are done by the county. There are no club meetings, no voting of any kind on matters that involve the club ie what members want improved/changed, what money the club has brought in and what was paid out, what members want to spend the club funds on, how the track is layed out, Officers voted on yearly etc. These are all things that you the people that pay to run every weekend should have the right to know if you are club members. This track is NOT the private property of anybody. Myself and others are meeting with Parks & rec. Dept. and the County Commission to see that it is opened up and made to run as a open book, club member friendly track. Please let us know what you think.

Go there every now and then they always do things top notch that I can see. Do you go out there and offer to help and show up at work days? Are you willing to take over the duties and keep it up at the level they have it?

I helped on a track for well over a year and unless you have volunteered to help keep the track up and done this for a year or so just learning from them you are starting something you probably should not. Running a track is a labor of love and you can not make everyone happy.

Talk with the guys locally and get involved. They are great guys. I am sure they will welcome someone that wants to help. I cant believe they would not welcome a shovel or someone to fill holes and other items.
nichocgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #30
Tech Rookie

Lets get one thing strait, I am not wanting to take over any track. I posted that almost a year ago, if it would have got going it would of only been by the help of other tracks/clubs in the area. I have never said anything about the qaulity of the track, layout,etc. And I have been there on a shovel every time that it was made know work was being done, if its not posted people cant help.Seems at times its run like private property and not a club on county property. I have never had a problem with the crew until this past weekend, when there was a situation while I went up on the drivers stand and had a club officer drop the F bomb on me in front of my 10yr. old son. (The reason is not the issue, we probably both share the blame). Tension got heated between myself and two others, should have probably cooled a bit before going this road. The LAST thing I want is to see the track shut down. (Track that I have run @ since 1985). Ill place a call to the people involved.
I am not hidding my name from anyone or anything, the people involved know exactly who I am.
2vracing is offline   Reply With Quote