R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

1.1's would Not let the clutch drag at idle....and he stated they were new when he installed them.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it would not matter if it was 1.1 or 1.2s the shoes are so close to contact that the slightest high pich of idle would still put it in gear look at the hinge area the shoes are closed and thats the high side of the shoe when at idle, I just think the combo it too tight, does X-ray have a different shoe config I don't how there clutch is, that's what I can see.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
it would not matter if it was 1.1 or 1.2s the shoes are so close to contact that the slightest high pich of idle would still put it in gear look at the hinge area the shoes are closed and thats the high side of the shoe when at idle, I just think the combo it too tight, does X-ray have a different shoe config I don't how there clutch is, that's what I can see.

why am i wasting my time with you.....i already stated the problem with his set-up....wrong shoes and Wrong stall....there's no more to it.....who cares what the shoes look like now...they are Fubard....it has nothing to do with the contact patch or flywheel it self....Xray uses the same Pin Diameter as Ofna and Mugen.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 03-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Has anyody ever tried to melt the deposited aluminum out of a clutch bell. Is it feasible?
lowblktaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #20
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblktaco View Post
Has anyody ever tried to melt the deposited aluminum out of a clutch bell. Is it feasible?

absolutely not......i would think you would reverse the hardening process and cause the bell to become alot weaker then its supposed to be...and or harder and it starts shattering teeth off....for 15$.....buy a new one.