R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   OS Speed = Slow (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/281087-os-speed-%3D-slow.html)

AEFT2009 03-07-2009 09:19 PM

OS Speed = Slow

I don't know about you but I bought the OS Speed - Worlds edition due to the hype in all the forums and it cannot keep up with the RBC6's or the Mugen Ninja's at my track, I get eaten up down the straightaway.

Before you ask I run a 808 buggy with a full titanium screw kit and it is one of the lightest buggies at the club, if I lean the OS off anymore it will explode and I have also tried different gear ratio's.

The RB's get over 10minutes and the Ninja's get just over ten minutes, I cannot get anymore than 9 minutes and I am a smooth driver.

:flaming::flaming::flaming: OS = hype!!!! :flaming::flaming::flaming:

p.s. I borrowed a friends RBC6 and I was able to run with the big boys down the straight, I could make 10mins and my lap times were almost a second quicker!!!!

imaxx21 03-07-2009 09:23 PM

send it here!!!

jewn_beef 03-07-2009 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by AEFT2009 (Post 5523896)
I don't know about you but I bought the OS Speed - Worlds edition due to the hype in all the forums and it cannot keep up with the RBC6's or the Mugen Ninja's at my track, I get eaten up down the straightaway.

Before you ask I run a 808 buggy with a full titanium screw kit and it is one of the lightest buggies at the club, if I lean the OS off anymore it will explode and I have also tried different gear ratio's.

The RB's get over 10minutes and the Ninja's get just over ten minutes, I cannot get anymore than 9 minutes and I am a smooth driver.

p.s. I borrowed a friends RBC6 and I was able to run with the big boys down the straight, I could make 10mins and my lap times were almost a second quicker!!!!

huh what you need is a os rocket or xtm 24.7 colling head for that motor then you can lean it out. the hara edition with the holes in the head make it not have enough material to cool properly. if you dont want it though i might have a buyer for it

AEFT2009 03-07-2009 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by imaxx21 (Post 5523909)
send it here!!!

Sure you can have it, for 500 bills, I will even throw in the 2060 pipe!!! Send me your address details and I once payment has cleared I will ship the motor.

jpz_67 03-07-2009 10:06 PM

Something isnt right bud, an os speed is anything but slow.:weird:
I stopped running them because they are to much power!

cjm1126 03-07-2009 10:14 PM

you definatley are doing something wrong, either the wrong pipe or just dont have it tuned properly, the speed makes good power

Jaz240 03-07-2009 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by AEFT2009 (Post 5523896)

You got a lemon! happens all the time with the low-quality mass produced Chinese made OS engines..Send it out to Brian at Pro Twister Mods, he will figure out whats wrong with it and fix it for you..Then it will be fine, you will get your 3-7 gallons through it, and never buy another OS Piece of S#@T again....for all you OS lovers, My apologies, but OS engines have 1 lemon out of every 4, and I am tired of it, and tired of seeing people get ripped off, and then told to go away when they call OS for help

luckyhomes 03-07-2009 10:17 PM

This dude is just trying to bust balls. At this fantasy track only a rb c6's and and Ninja's can win. If it was real the person would be looking to learn how to make the engine run at the front of the pack.

Nitro$junkie 03-07-2009 10:40 PM

This guy is just a deadbeat i just got home from racing 5min ago and Q1 and finished 1st in truggy with a SPEED which was mainly running against .28's but i was only able to make 9min a tank but this is the engines first meet and my first meet racing truggy (im a Buggy driver) so after i learn to drive smooth and lean on the motor ill get 12min for sure and AEFT wich mugen ninja u talking bout not a very slow JX??

houston 03-07-2009 10:40 PM

shoulda bought a novarossi:nod:

losi_racer 03-07-2009 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 5524106)

ha ha monty... your gettin your wish with me on my next engine. +4

Maximo 03-07-2009 10:52 PM

A properly piped C6 I could see outrunning a OS Speed on the topside...i think the Speed may have a tiny bit more punch out of the corners but a C6 does have a great top end if its setup correctly... .

motomanpat 03-07-2009 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 5524106)

Dude you know my OS was fast------well at least for a gallon of fuel:lol:

AEFT2009 03-07-2009 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by luckyhomes (Post 5524044)
This dude is just trying to bust balls. At this fantasy track only a rb c6's and and Ninja's can win. If it was real the person would be looking to learn how to make the engine run at the front of the pack.

I didn't say anything about winning, I just said the RB's and the Ninja's are quicker than my speed down the straightaway. I have tried the 6mm, 7mm and 8mm carb inserts and for reference my friends RB runs a 7mm. The OS is a good motor it is just not as good as the hype suggests on the forums, the fuel economy, top speed and power is all hype.

I actually came second in one race and put the Mugen on the podium for the other 3 but I cannot run with the RB's down the straight they are quicker and out pull my Speed.

p.s. I run and OS2060 pipe and use P4 plugs with Odonnell 30%, I have also tried a 2050.

losi_racer 03-07-2009 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by AEFT2009 (Post 5524173)
I didn't say anything about winning, I just said the RB's and the Ninja's are quicker than my speed down the straightaway. I have tried the 6mm, 7mm and 8mm carb inserts and for reference my friends RB runs a 7mm. The OS is a good motor it is just not as good as the hype suggests on the forums, the fuel economy, top speed and power is all hype.

I actually came second in one race and put the Mugen on the podium for the other 3 but I cannot run with the RB's down the straight they are quicker and out pull my Speed.

p.s. I run and OS2060 pipe and use P4 plugs with Odonnell 30%, I have also tried a 2050.

i got 10 min on a tank EASY in my truggy with my vspec, the speed gets even better so if your only gettin 9 then it think its tune, how much fuel is thru it