Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
OS Speed = Slow >

OS Speed = Slow

OS Speed = Slow

Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your right about one thing. When a new motor comes out the hype meter gets pegged. Its allways the sexiest, smoothest, least thirsty,and most powerfull engine you can get. Its hard to sort out the posts form a guy that just upgraded form a rtr motor to a race motor. Or the post of a guy that can compair it to other race motors. Now are u looking for help to find out how to make it run right? Or just want other people to know your engine wont run with the RB's and the Ninjas.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
This guy is just a deadbeat i just got home from racing 5min ago and Q1 and finished 1st in truggy with a SPEED which was mainly running against .28's but i was only able to make 9min a tank but this is the engines first meet and my first meet racing truggy (im a Buggy driver) so after i learn to drive smooth and lean on the motor ill get 12min for sure and AEFT wich mugen ninja u talking bout not a very slow JX??
I don't see why I am a deadbeat for buying a motor which is supposed to be the quickest out there only to have other and cheaper motors beat it in not only speed but in fuel economy as well.

Thanks for your response though you are obviously a pro racer and the pillar of your own ego.

Now back to the job at hand, I am a bit cranky yes and would like people to know about it but I have calmed down a bit and am open to options to get this motor running better.

p.s it has about 1.5 gallons thru it now.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEFT2009
I don't see why I am a deadbeat for buying a motor which is supposed to be the quickest out there only to have other and cheaper motors beat it in not only speed but in fuel economy as well.

Thanks for your response though you are obviously a pro racer and the pillar of your own ego.

Now back to the job at hand, I am a bit cranky yes and would like people to know about it but I have calmed down a bit and am open to options to get this motor running better.

p.s it has about 1.5 gallons thru it now.

If your after having the fastest engine on the straights I can help you..my name is Neal Smith and I own a engine modding company called Clockwork Nitro Engines..Either my modded C6 or JPX .21 will absolutely blow the doors off a OS Speed and get better run time doing it.... Both of these engines flat out scream, the C6 has a very smooth bottom and blistering top, and the JPX is an all around beast with a explosive bottom and blistering top, there will not be a stock engine on the market that can run with either of these 2 mills other then some higher end onroad engines... If your truly interested in owning your straightaways drop me a PM and I can hook you up with a truly insane engine that will stand out in any pack... cheers !
Old 03-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

AEFT2009 = Stupid as all fuk

you must have no idea what your doing if you cant get a speed to go well
Old 03-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 12a_rx2

Another pro driver here, and if I am stupid as all fuk then you are an ignorant, illiterate fool as I never said the motor did not run well, I merely pointed out that it will not run with the RB's on the straightaway.

Learn to read and understand English, then perhaps reply with dignity.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEFT2009
Another pro driver here, and if I am stupid as all fuk then you are an ignorant, illiterate fool as I never said the motor did not run well, I merely pointed out that it will not run with the RB's on the straightaway.

Learn to read and understand English, then perhaps reply with dignity.
pfft whatever you say.

my speeds get up to 13min run time and hang with just about every other engine.

if you cant get run time out of it and it doesn't have good speed you've fucked up somwhere
Old 03-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

come on boy's play nicely, im sure it might be just a tuning issue
Old 03-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Tech Rookie

To set the record straight my Speed runs well, has never flamed out and does not burn plugs, I ran it in using the heat cycle method and gave it ample run in time before racing.

I have ran in dozens of engines mainly RB WS7's, RB C6's a few Sirio's but only one Nova. I bought this engine because I believed it to be the best on fuel and the most capable engine, it is just disappointing that it does not perform to my expectations and to the hype.

I am starting to think I bought a lemon, I will keep it as a clubby but I think I will buy another C6.

p.s. Sorry if my thread upsets you Speed drivers out there.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nitro rat
come on boy's play nicely, im sure it might be just a tuning issue
Thats the problem if I detune it I lose a lot of pace compared to other engines
and if I tune for more I still lose in the power stakes and lose runtime as well.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

trial and error, try another pipe or ask someone else that runs the same motor to take a look at it and see what he thinks, i dont really know much about O.S but i think its just trial and error
Old 03-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

500 bucks for an engine, forget that! We have a guy with a speed and they seem pretty fast too me, but not worth five bills, you can almost buy 3 dynamite platium Xps for that much I am a budget racer so I dont count SH puts out the power, but I cant seem to get the elusive 10-12 min run time. That what the xtra cash is for
Old 03-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Right these are the vpec settings we use here in UK dosent matter wether a speed , standard, recab, jp or ninja these will work everywhere.

For 7mm restrictor with p3 plug and 30% byron or odonnel.

Idle gap : 0.7mm Set this first as most important and make sure to remove restrictor
Top end : 2 turns out from flush
Bottom End : Flush or just in from flush
Midrange: Flush usually slot vertical.
Pipe OS 2060 or 2050 are a bit softer than some but should still get amazing top end here in UK we run the jammin/HN 2062 pipe.

these settings the engine should fly and have a nice low idle, this is most important otherwise it will run on at end of strights.
On the 808 i would run it on a 16t bell with the hard clutch springs and 1.71g shoes.

Hope this helps

Spud
Old 03-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

pfft whatever you say.

my speeds get up to 13min run time and hang with just about every other engine.

if you cant get run time out of it and it doesn't have good speed you've fucked up somwhere

It is post like these why I don't bother in forums anymore except for having a bit of fun, but for me why don't your try the Ninja JX not as much hype and less bills.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default ninja=v-spec

you guys do know the new ninja is a v-spec.....
Old 03-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smash8ight
you guys do know the new ninja is a v-spec.....
A No its no!........... Its a O.S. .28XZ block, a speed crank (with out slugs) with a 5 port sleeve a and no black crank case so no its nothing like a v spec

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.