R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HB .26 motor problems!

hey guys! well im running the stock .26 HB motor in my LSP and its giving me problems. what happens is it wont start unless i put some nitro in the carb then it'll start(im using a rotostart) and it'll start and i have to hold the throttle on it for it to start. then once it starts, and i take the rotostart out it shuts off. and then i have to repeat. it doesnt want to run then. when i get it to run itlpl jsut cut out and die. so in other words. it wont run unless im pulling it like full throttle and it still cuts out and dies. and then a little while ago it was turning over but then all the sudden it wouldnt turn the motor over and seemed like the OWB was slipping. the glow plug seems good. the glow plug starter is working. can anyone help? thanks! the snows gonna be gone by this weekend and i wanna drive so bad!!
-kevin
lilmegill727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Default anyone?

anyone?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds like a tuning problem, lean the lsn out to try and get it to start. Then if it doesnt put it back to factory settings and retune. Also when it wouldnt turn the engine over it could have been your rotostart battery dying. Just recharge it.
rgrassey@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Default fhad

ok thanks ill try messing with the tuning more tommorow! and to the dying battery i dont mean that it wont move, i mean that the rotostart spins freely as if it wasnt even turning anything. i think i need a new OWB
Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
Tech Regular

If it wont start unless you put fuel in the carb, your not getting fuel to the engine. Usually you can prime the engine by cranking it over with your finger covering the exhaust stinger. Watch as the fuel flows through the line to the carb and then stop after 2-3 seconds. Once it starts what does the engine do?

It could be starving for fuel or flooding itself once it gets running. could also be a bad glow plug. Need more info.

Usually cleaning out the thick oil from the one-way bearing will help it work for a while longer.
John Schafer is offline   Reply With Quote